Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's just not true, I'm afraid. Using Arrse as a representative (HA!) selection, there are very, very few on here who will defend either man to the hilt regardless of what sh1t is flung at them, and eulogise them to the level Sturgeon's supporters do incessantly.

So all the "Boris Grrrr" posts whenever anybody tries to raise anything even remotely critical of him or the current Government are just aberrations.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Farage is just a bloke. Boris, faced with the same bollox as Sturgeeon, would be long gone.

You mean such as when he was found to have acted unlawfully when he tried to prorogue Parliament in August 2019?

I believe he refused to resign then despite his actions.

You mean such as when he was found to have acted unlawfully when he tried to prorogue Parliament in August 2019?

I believe he refused to resign then despite his actions.
Was that the Spiderwoman verdict - bent.

Anyway - difference between something being deemed unlawful (it wasn't) and committing an illegal act as far as I understand it.

Sturgeon is playing the wimmins card. She's unassailable.

You lot should spent some time having a route around the senior jobs in Scottish Public Services - you will find a surprisingly high percentage of them are held by wimmin. Scottish Local Government IT used to be bad - it was run by the jock wimmins mafia across the 32 Boroughs. They were all useless as well. You go to the Scottish CIPFA annual events and its a complete wimmins club. Nicola has played the wimmins card. She will me there in May next year

All these years of being told by the woke that if only women were in charge everything would be so much better! that pretty much went out the window when we had 3 lesbos in Scotland (Lab/Con/SNP (alleged)) and the useless Theresa May down south

To be slightly more serious, I dont think its the gender that is the problem but the character of the typical female politician who gets into the senior positions that seems to be the issue - typically, they are not mothers and therefore have far more time to devote to politics and being at least as much of an ******** as the men but often far more.

So all the "Boris Grrrr" posts whenever anybody tries to raise anything even remotely critical of him or the current Government are just aberrations.
There's been many a post criticising Boris well before the Boris Grrr phenomena started, which was the result of the throw enough sh1t at Boris (invented, irrelevant or not) and some of it will stick Brigade who are still pi55ed at Boris complying with the wishes of the majority in the UK. Even pro Boris posters criticise him on occasion, the penalty for being a success I suppose, unlike the Scottish Der Fuhrer.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Actually the Grrrs tend* to be mockery of trolling dullards flinging dung (see wetsmonkey, Graculus etc for details); if there is an actual fcuk up by Boris as opposed to confected outrage from Remainers Boris haters cnuts, it is generally acknowledged (although possibly over-kindly). Even by his most fervent supporters, Boris is not seen as the Messiah in the way that Sturgeon is, he's seen as the best (or least worst if you prefer) man for the job at the moment.

* As there is no copyright of "Boris Grrr", I'm sure if you dig you'll find examples of the epithet being used to decry a legitimate criticism of the Prime Minister, however taking into account the volume of hatred, innuendo and bile spouted at the PM in form of "creative criticism" on the "Boris The PM" thread, it's hard to argue that is the main use of the term.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There's been many a post criticising Boris well before the Boris Grrr phenomena started, which was the result of the throw enough sh1t at Boris (invented, irrelevant or not) and some of it will stick Brigade who are still pi55ed at Boris complying with the wishes of the majority in the UK. Even pro Boris posters criticise him on occasion, the penalty for being a success I suppose, unlike the Scottish Der Fuhrer.
Actually the Grrrs tend* to be mockery of trolling dullards flinging dung (see wetsmonkey, Graculus etc for details); if there is an actual fcuk up by Boris as opposed to confected outrage from Remainers Boris haters cnuts, it is generally acknowledged (although possibly over-kindly). Even by his most fervent supporters, Boris is not seen as the Messiah in the way that Sturgeon is, he's seen as the best (or least worst if you prefer) man for the job at the moment.

* As there is no copyright of "Boris Grrr", I'm sure if you dig you'll find examples of the epithet being used to decry a legitimate criticism of the Prime Minister, however taking into account the volume of hatred, innuendo and bile spouted at the PM in form of "creative criticism" on the "Boris The PM" thread, it's hard to argue that is the main use of the term.

It may well be that my viewpoint is skewed due to the political threads I follow on here are primarily Scottish ones, This is mainly a time factor!

The difficulty with Scottish politics at present is that it has become so highly polarised, it is no longer like/dislike, it has evolved into love/hate.

The middle ground has been eaten up by the rhetoric of both sides of the Indy debate.

This is where SLab are failing, they are still trying to fight a left wing v right battle in an environment where the alignment is now Yes/No.

As such, those who love Strugeon, really really love her, those who hate her, really, really hate her.

And those who hate her currently include both Unionists and the Pro Salmond Indy Now side of the SNP.

I would say dangerous rather than creepy. If the voters up by cannot see that, then sadly you are well and truly stuffed.
Agree completely, blind adulation of any politician is a dangerous trap to fall into. You end up with people willingly and joyously accepting policies that they would normally balk at.
1614942980253.png

It may well be that my viewpoint is skewed due to the political threads I follow on here are primarily Scottish ones, This is mainly a time factor!

The difficulty with Scottish politics at present is that it has become so highly polarised, it is no longer like/dislike, it has evolved into love/hate.

The middle ground has been eaten up by the rhetoric of both sides of the Indy debate.

This is where SLab are failing, they are still trying to fight a left wing v right battle in an environment where the alignment is now Yes/No.

As such, those who love Strugeon, really really love her, those who hate her, really, really hate her.

And those who hate her currently include both Unionists and the Pro Salmond Indy Now side of the SNP.
Yup. That's how things like civil wars start. Hence my apprehension at easily led numpties blindly devoting themselves to a party/person.

Just so happens SNP are in the driving seat here and are, for the moment, the ones steering us off a cliff.

You lot should spent some time having a route around the senior jobs in Scottish Public Services - you will find a surprisingly high percentage of them are held by wimmin. Scottish Local Government IT used to be bad - it was run by the jock wimmins mafia across the 32 Boroughs. They were all useless as well. You go to the Scottish CIPFA annual events and its a complete wimmins club. Nicola has played the wimmins card. She will me there in May next year

You are probably correct but as irritating as she is, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is that the SNP see's a reduction in votes. A reduction in votes for the SNP diminishes her claims to have a mandate for another referendum.
Who Scotland elects to their parish council (comparing levels of proffessional governance) is Scotlands business and unfortunately for sane Scotspeople they will be stuck with the SNP for a while

The priority now for the UK must be to shrink the SNP vote share sufficiently to take any valid argument away from them.
I don't think the SNP has a valid argument for another Neverendum but a reduced voteshare tells Scotland that the SNP aren't right too.

So if Scotland becomes independent and joins the EU it would have tariffs on Whisky.

Scotland wouldn't be independent as an EU vassal state, whether it suffered tariffs on Whisky would be a matter for the German government

It hasn’t gone by unnoticed. Hopefully the more enlightened female voter will have noted the complete disregard for the accusers in the Salmond debacle. The rest of her followers are already believing she has suffered personal grief in fighting the case against male abusers.

Anyway, IT and your observations. Do you have any insight to SNHS management and connectivity? My recent experience as a patient shows that it is lacking in user friendly ‘cross health board’ compatibility.
Whilst sitting with consultants in Dumfries, Glasgow, Edinburgh and my own GP I’m quietly amused as they curse trying to move around the system.
Is the SNHS IT also dominated by females or is it just a load of expensive patches to shoe it in?

Published by "The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party", who I believe may be connected - in some way - with the Government of the UK !! ;) .
Clearly too subtle for a couple of ARRSE members . . . the purpose of posting the above, should have been explained earlier :( .

The intention, was to draw attention and emphasise, the total lack of involvement, action, and apparent lack of interest by the Conservative Party's Government of the United Kingdom and NI, in the utter shambles of what passes for governance in Scotland . . . and, that the UK Government has rightly delegated responsibility for its response to the associated "Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party".

To do otherwise, would have a very negative affect . . . on the enquiry, the forthcoming elections in Scotland, and (therefore) ultimately the Union.

The non-SNP electorate in Scotland, will (can) probably regard the Holyrood politicians as inefficient, incompetent, self-seeking (and verging on) criminals.

BUT . . . if Westminster were to get involved with this debacle, it is suggested that the result would be quite the opposite of that intended.

Many, many, non-SNP supporters in Scotland, would rise-up in indignation, proclaiming . . . .

“They may be inefficient, incompetent, self-seeking (and verging on) criminal politicians,
BUT . . . they are OUR inefficient, incompetent, self-seeking (and verging on) criminal politicians”

My god Holmes, how do you do it?
Really? Sort of like the SNP are?

every day etc...

Last edited:
It hasn’t gone by unnoticed. Hopefully the more enlightened female voter will have noted the complete disregard for the accusers in the Salmond debacle. The rest of her followers are already believing she has suffered personal grief in fighting the case against male abusers.

Anyway, IT and your observations. Do you have any insight to SNHS management and connectivity? My recent experience as a patient shows that it is lacking in user friendly ‘cross health board’ compatibility.
Whilst sitting with consultants in Dumfries, Glasgow, Edinburgh and my own GP I’m quietly amused as they curse trying to move around the system.
Is the SNHS IT also dominated by females or is it just a load of expensive patches to shoe it in?
You could start an entire thread on NHS IT allowing health boards not being able to talk to each other. Thankfully in my own little corner of the organisation we've made significant progress with this. It's mainly down to us having "legacy" systems (i.e. 1990's) for a lot of stuff and each individual HB using different types of software to do the same job. Often, these systems are either completely incapable of talking to each other or require an interface (translator) which invariably comes with an obscene £ value in front of it.

Latest Threads