• No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
There people always vote.

they were the biggest single party in 2014 when they held the one in a generation referendum.

And the polls (which apparently dont count at the moment) show them getting bigger.

As the generation thing wasnt on the referendum paperwork, its doesnt really mean anything.

And the polls (which apparently dont count at the moment) show them getting bigger.

As the generation thing wasnt on the referendum paperwork, its doesnt really mean anything.
Slim majority. It’s less than they were predicting a few weeks back.

Slim majority. It’s less than they were predicting a few weeks back.

Strange because reading this thread, I would have thought the SNP were finished, but apparently they are still doing well.

Tyk

LE
Strange because reading this thread, I would have thought the SNP were finished, but apparently they are still doing well.

That's not the conclusion I draw from the thread. The SNP are the popular left of centre party which, since the collapse of the Labour vote as a result of various factors, attract a large number of votes.
SNP popularity isn't really the main thrust of the thread as that's unlikely to change unless a significant change happens, Sturgeon falling isn't close to significant enough for that.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
1614897247401.png

Alex Salmond was Sturgeon's mentor and described him as an inspirational figure - kind of says it all....
Vote for the Scottish Nazis - maybe not!!!!

View attachment 554536
Alex Salmond was Sturgeon's mentor and described him as an inspirational figure - kind of says it all....
Vote for the Scottish Nazis - maybe not!!!!

One is a party of fanatical racists, obsessed with, "Blood and Soil" who have crushed all dissent and free speech and turned their nation into a totalitarian, one party state where the elite are above the rule of law.

The other is the Nazis.

Methinks they enjoyed skinny dipping and other manly pursuits of the day.
Wanting to be the next quisling resulted in him going off to Barlinie for a bit under defence regulation 18B. The same regulation that put Oswald Mosley away.

Sturgeon seemed to say words to the effect that AS confirmed the incidents took place to her at the 2nd April meeting. I would have thought that would make her an important witness in the case and it would be important to come forward to the investigation with a record of that meeting.

Instead she made no record of the meeting and kept is's existence secret for months. As she deliberately kept arms length from the investigation, she can't claim to have known that the existence of the incident was uncontested by AS at the investigation. This seems a very real failure in public life.
Exactly, if Salmond did tell her these incidents happened and she alluded to that in her evidence under oath to the committee then surely questions should be asked why she wasn’t a key witness in the criminal case HMA v Salmond........ unless she’s lying, which judging by yesterday’s performance is highly probable.

To have actively not informed the Police during the course of their investigation, which you knew was under way, that you had key ‘corroborative’ evidence for the prosecutions case but chose to withhold it would be considered to be an active attempt to ‘Pervert the Course of Justice’.

Perhaps the Lord Advocate needs to have a look at this rather than effectively threatening the MSP’s on the committee as highlighted in the Spectator article.

Union Jack

Old-Salt
Which explains the nodding dog aspect, but not the clapping.
Speaking of dogs, and as a matter of light relief (pun intended), I had to smile at the wee black dog cocking its leg against the wall of Holyrood as background to Glenn Campbell was doing his stuff on Reporting Scotland this evening. Probably expressing its view on the Wee Nippy Sweetie's apparent inability to "recollect" that, contrary what she said during FMQs today, she did not answer all the questions she was asked yesterday.

The one question which I most wish Jackie Baillie or Murdo Fraser would ask the First Monster to answer truthfully is:

"When did you really first hear the full details of the accusations against AS?"

because I can't help feeling that it was a long long time before 2 April, sorry, I've just "recollected", 29 March.

Jack

the Lord Advocate needs to have a look at.......
Is a phrase you won't hear if it relates to the SNP.

If there is nothing else this committee has shown us, it’s just how much James Wolffe has been revealed as a creature of the SNP, while proceeding with an arrogance that would make someone of the Indian brahmin caste feel inferior.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Bit of thread drift.

Something made me chuckle earlier, but was also a very sad reflection on just how boring and drab the characters in this saga are imho.

What made me chuckle was thinking how predictable and boring Ian Blackford is, and how he drones on every week at PMQs.

I then imagined just how much more interesting it could be if we could ‘bring back’ the late Charles Kennedy. I’m sure a jovial or slightly tipsy Charles Kennedy would have had a lot to say on this issue, and it would have been enjoyable to listen to :)
Sadly Blackford and his army of trolls contributed to the loss of Charles Kennedy at too early an age.

As I have repeated many times on here, the SNP only do well because there is no credible opposition who can concentrate the majority vote behind one of them so, the SNP win every time with a strong minority vote . In recent years that has started to drop off a bit and the SNP now have to depend upon ta few Green loons to have a majority in the Holyrood waste of space place. The SNP also significantly benefit from a media who refuse to hold them to account and a BBC which 'showcases' Sturgeon every single day for a Covid Party Political broadcast which unfortunately fools many into believing she is a strong leader who can do no wrong - sadly, many English people who only see her showcases also fall for the trap and think she is universally popular

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And it's no longer front page news except for the Express.
_117390305_express.jpg