Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Dredd

LE
Check it oot! Another win for non stick Nic and the YesNP!!! Nothing to do with the (hawk, spit) English and Westmonster!

And obviously absolutely nothing to do with not being in the EU anymore so not needing to be punished along with the others.

And obviously absolutely nothing to do with not being in the EU anymore so not needing to be punished along with the others.
I’m surprised they are letting us off as we were in the EU when the rules were breached. Possibly a gap in the legislation that didn’t cover member states leaving and some smart solicitor discovered it, we could do with him/her here.
No doubt the EU debit remains the same and it will be covered by others.

1614886845103.png

Published by "The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party", who I believe may be connected - in some way - with the Government of the UK !! ;) .

HE117

LE
Edinburgh Trams was firmly at the feet of the Labour controlled council rather than central government
Yes I know that the tram saga was an Edinburgh Council cluster.. and that it was labour controlled at the time...

However the point I was making was that the devolution process was so flawed that it spread out across the entire Scottish public society.. (which includes council bodies of whatever hue..) and has underpinned a swath of feckwittery unparalleled in recent history. Instead of a culture of fiscal probity, professional competence and proven performance we have crackpot theory, nursery level politics and an ability to waste resources that is truly eyewatering.

The political colouring of the individuals involved are of little consequence in reality. The current SNP is a badly thought out bandwaggon which has picked up momentum because of the conditions that have allowed it to exist. What we have done is connected a source of power to a grouping that should never have come into existence!

It is like someone handed Extinction Rebellion the keys to the treasury, the home office and the nuclear deterrent! It is that stupid!

The Trams happened because Edinburgh Council was allowed to bypass a shedload of checks and balances that would have come from the Scottish Office (when that was run by grownups!). Holyrood should have stopped it, but they were far too interested in their own shagfest at the other end of the Royal Mile...!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Published by "The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party", who I believe may be connected - in some way - with the Government of the UK !! ;) .

My god Holmes, how do you do it?

Latest Threads