Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
The other day I did mention that Salmond needed to produce his alleged Text messages before she took the stand so that she could be questioned but loads of people on here disagreed with me and jumped on my head, including someone who gave me a 'dumb' - can you imagine the line of questioning yesterday if there had been irrefutable proof to hand! - that Baillie woman would have had some serious ammo
‘To the best of my recollection’ the 4 (I think) text messages (see what I did there), including the Murrell ones, that Nicoliar was asked about were explained away by words to the effect of ‘these people were hurting, someone they had supported and trusted did something ghastly, they didn’t mean what you think they meant in that ‘context’............ Aye alright princess.

The whole thing is an absolute sham which after 2 years is no doubt costing the taxpayer a lot more that the half mill given to Eck. I do wonder what the final cost to the taxpayer will be because in a nut shell Nippy didn’t want him potentially stealing her show.

Unfortunately there are some who think this is all above board and there is nothing that Sturgeon or indeed the SNP have done wrong.

Perhaps this is a reflection of the plummeting education system over the past 14+ years, keep them dumb and they’ll come and vote for you.

Oh ,I remember him, embarrassing the whole of Scotland when he crying his eyes out in brussels chamber literally begged the EU to let Scotland stay in the EU - I dont think I have ever been so embarrassed! - just to add his opinion carries zero weight with me or most other people

By the way I thought you were referring to someone called Craig Murray?
Craig Murray was taken to court for "contempt" re the Alex Salmond trial and his been both a huge critic of NS and supporter of AS. Still voting SNP though.

1614852686551.png

I never said rest of the UK, I was pointing out the UK media has given the SNP a free pass for lack of interest or knowledge - this has allowed Sturgeon to appear as some sort of strong leader who can do no wrong versus BoJo and Westminster getting everything wrong.

It is in the whole of the UK taxpayers interest for the media to investigate, monitor and challenge where our hard earned taxes are misspent and wasted and the SNP Govt is a pure gold mine for that sort of activity. Then we have Sturgeons 'leadership' and behaviour throughout the CV crisis which has involved undermining/betraying the UK position with the EU, undercutting, undermining and gazumping the UKs top level COBRA decision making, the deliberate repackaging of UK Covid measures and information into a Scottish SNP version to embarrass/confuse and the mysterious loss of huge swathes of Covid relief money that businesses were supposed to get - as well as the normal day to day NHS/Police/School failures but not forgetting the terribly slow vaccine roll out programme (compared to the RoTUK)

With the Scottish Opposition so dangerously inept and SNP operatives running every major area eg the CS and Judiciary many of us are heavily depending upon the free media to hold them a lot more to account.

Oh, sure.

I can see the industrial-strength, cast-irn-bru, oceanClyde-going shoulder-chips being deployed far and wide if them English media bastards dare attack your freeeeeeeeeedom!!

Clean up your own mess.

DSJ

LE

I can’t find the video but a woman videod her MSP when she asked him why he never responded to emails/correspondence/failed to hold surgeries. His response was that her name was on a database, or some such. All very stasi state. Will post is I can find it.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Today's Scottish papers.
_117377870_tele.jpg
_117377146_front.jpg
_117377864_smn.jpg
_117377924_een.jpg
_117377185_her.jpg
_117377923_pjfrontpagekg04032021.jpg
_117377190_evlxtnnxaauxrz2.jpg
_117377867_times.jpg
_117377866_scotdailymailpageone-thursday4thmarch2021.jpg
_117377865_ex04p01.jpg
_117377863_national.jpg
_117377869_0010403.jpg
_117377868_i-newspaper_page1_3684576.jpg

I can’t find the video but a woman videod her MSP when she asked him why he never responded to emails/correspondence/failed to hold surgeons. His response was that her name was on a database, or some such. All very stasi state. Will post is I can find it.
Vot ist you name mein herr? And don't tell me it's Pike! Ziss isn't ze thread he wood be on, just becoz 'e woodn't!

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Not enough Brexit bashing for Hislop, which still appears to take up most of the content. My Father gets me the subscription every year for Xmas, and I don't have the heart to tell him to stop it; there's still the occasional article worth reading but generally it's slim pickings in comparison to ten years ago.

I cancelled my subscription a couple of years ago for the same reasons. It’s not as funny/interesting as it used to be.

4701E545-CBE1-46F2-9550-8C62C64EA960.jpeg

Shouldn’t that be:

STURGEON COMES OUT FORGETTING

The whole thing is an absolute sham which after 2 years is no doubt costing the taxpayer a lot more that the half mill given to Eck.
I am sure it was stated during yesterday’s session (by Murdo Fraser?) that the DFM, Mr Swinney will not allow any official assessment of the overall cost to the taxpayer?

Niamac

GCM

Given their political stances, entirely predictable. Really rather sad that one cannot get a balanced view of this debacle. Salmond is, however, the origin of this sorry mess which a less than competent Scottish Government exacerbated.

Given their political stances, entirely predictable. Really rather sad that one cannot get a balanced view of this debacle. Salmond is, however, the origin of this sorry mess which a less than competent Scottish Government exacerbated.

Not according to the courts he isn't

Salmond is an innocent man. The law says so.

Salmond is, however, the origin of this sorry mess
Is he? The court says he did nothing wrong on all counts. Had the government stayed within its competence and simply handed the allegations of criminality to the police, the outcome would have been the same without the ensuing fiasco.

Tyk

LE
Not according to the courts he isn't

Salmond is an innocent man. The law says so.

There is an argument that Salmond in his days as First Minister set the scene for the SNP to create what amounts to a corrupt, incompetent dictatorship, but as you point out, in the case being investigated he's NOT GUILTY.

In a criminal case where he was acquitted and a Judicial Review ScotGov were found to have acted unlawfully, both of which are FACTS that Sturgeon not only finds inconvenient she's actively trying to state (under oath no less) were incorrect verdicts.

I have little doubt the SNP biased committee report will paint a positive picture of Sturgeons actions, but quite honestly if a Westminster government had been the subject of this scandal it would have brought them down with the Ministers involved being "retired" and leaving the Commons rapidly.

Last edited:

Latest Threads