Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
The universe/nature runs as it runs - there is no evil, or good, it just is. If it happens, then it is the right outcome as is nature's will. It's how we perceive things and how we assign good or evil to other's and their acts. I have looked at many things, through many hours of contemplation with this philosophical attitude and always come to the same conclusion.
Hamlet Walt:

' ... there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.'

The election should be stopped on the basis that it can't be free and fair given the totally uncontrolled access to the media that NS and the SNP have to the media on the back of the pandemic.
Should, yes, but that requires the SNP to want to do the right thing.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

You’re right, the pandemic has been a gift for the SNP, minimising as it has opportunities for other parties to campaign while providing Sturgeon with a thinly veiled party-political broadcast every evening and they certainly don’t want to change that.

Also, I imagine the calculation for the SNP at present is that pushing back the date of the election allows more time for them to haemorrhage support while opposition parties prospectively get stronger, which clearly from their perspective is unacceptable.

I do wonder how biased and corrupted it would have to become before the Election Commission gets involved, assuming they have anything to say on the matter.

Watching Fatty Blackford on BBC News just now. Naturally the current SNP malaise is all the fault of the Conservatives/Westminster! :-D

Last edited:

Fat POM

Old-Salt
The universe/nature runs as it runs - there is no evil, or good, it just is. If it happens, then it is the right outcome as is nature's will. It's how we perceive things and how we assign good or evil to other's and their acts. I have looked at many things, through many hours of contemplation with this philosophical attitude and always come to the same conclusion.
I'll have a pint of that please.

Next Committee on the Scottish Government Handling of Harassment Complaints Meeting​

Date: 15th Meeting, Wednesday 03 March 2021

The Committee will meet on Wednesday 3 March 2021 when it will take evidence from the First Minister.

Committee on the Scottish Government Handling of Harassment Complaints - Parliamentary Business : Scottish Parliament

Starts 9 am, I think someone posted the timings a couple of days ago?

Thanks to @BobbHope for the live TV link:

Scottish Parliament TV | Committee Room 1
Also being covered on the BBC Parliament Channel.

I think Queen Nicola will brass neck this one out. She appears to be power mad and will not give up a lifetimes work unless she is absolutely legally compelled to.

While this is all doing damage to the SNP (and the concept of devolution generally) remember most of the SNP's voters only watch the news to check the Sellick score. Much of this will be whistling miles over their heads.

I think Queen Nicola will brass neck this one out. She appears to be power mad and will not give up a lifetimes work unless she is absolutely legally compelled to.

While this is all doing damage to the SNP (and the concept of devolution generally) remember most of the SNP's voters only watch the news to check the Sellick score. Much of this will be whistling miles over their heads.

it depends on the media, if they can be arrsed they could bring massive pressure on Sturgeon 24/7 and the SNP would have to oust her for the sake of the party. However, if the media give her enough leeway then she will slither onto the May election.

Personally, after 14 years of the media giving her/SNP a free pass I am not that confident that they will oblige - by now, they should be ripping her history/performance/obvious failures in office to absolute bits eg schools/Police/NHS/Debt/Treason (working with the EU against the UK)

it depends on the media, if they can be arrsed they could bring massive pressure on Sturgeon 24/7 and the SNP would have to oust her for the sake of the party. However, if the media give her enough leeway then she will slither onto the May election.

Personally, after 14 years of the media giving her/SNP a free pass I am not that confident that they will oblige - by now, they should be ripping her history/performance/obvious failures in office to absolute bits eg schools/Police/NHS/Debt/Treason (working with the EU against the UK)

Yes, but Brexit.

They won't turn on one of their own if they can get away with it.

Watching Fatty Blackford on BBC News just now. Naturally the current SNP malaise is all the fault of the Conservatives/Westminster! :-D
What's more, Sturgeon is "a woman of honesty and integrity". Just the sort of woman, in fact, who wouldn't dream of dismissing a decisive democratic vote that would settle the question of Scotland's constitutional future for "a generation" - indeed, "a lifetime".

So that's all right, then.

FOC
It's all the fault of the tories/Westminster

Now what's the question?

Listening to that fat oaf would turn milk. Still he's not happy about the Charles Kennedy doc going out.

Last edited:
What's more, Sturgeon is "a woman of honesty and integrity". Just the sort of woman, in fact, who wouldn't dream of dismissing a decisive democratic vote that would settle the question of Scotland's constitutional future for "a generation" - indeed, "a lifetime".

So that's all right, then.

I must admit a grudging respect that she has so far managed to get the party feckwits to so far stand by her but we all know that MPs/MSPs will quickly throw people under the bus if they think their own position at the trough is under threat :) - it looks to me that the remainder of this week is the danger point for her. If she manages to get to the weekend she is probably home free

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
NS giving her evidence and straight in to a he said/ she said mode.

Looks like she is taking the stance that the best form of defence is attack

Never saw the Lard performing today but sounds like he was on the usual hate rant. It’s ironic, Seaweed’s New Scotland Order would have him in Jail for hate crimes, and stealing the rations of course.
UKGov seem to be well out of this debacle, as others have said ‘don’t disturb the enemy while they are making a mistake.’

NS giving her evidence and straight in to a he said/ she said mode.

Looks like she is taking the stance that the best form of defence is attack
She will state she is being harassed whilst pursuing justice for women who were unsafe in the workplace. She will put her hand up and take responsibility for any errors, but those errors were small in comparison to the claims of inappropriate sexual harassment put before her. She could have buckled under pressure but chose the high road - women must feel safe in the work place. Accusers have their right to be heard no matter the standing of the accused - “let me be clear about this very important issue, I for one will not stand by and allow the workplace to be one of fear where victims voices are drowned out by powerful men.” Lots of #MeToo rhetoric in an attempt to drown out any suggestions of a concerted unlawful effort to have Salmond tossed into Saughton as a nonce.

“I did it all for the sisters, for Scotland, for independence - we are the transparent Government unlike the sleaze of Westminster and their lackeys that poison the air of this House. No, I will take no lecture from those who take ermine - Yes Ruthie I am speaking to you, you have taken the thirty pieces of silver blah, blah, blah”

“I will not stand down whilst in the middle of saving Scotland from this global pandemic. I have a mandate the electorate want and need me.”

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She just said that the courts found him guilty but what he told her meant he acted inappropriately. Ergo the court got it wrong and he is guilty. I hope she is held to that and asked to explain why she maintains the court and jury were wrong.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She will state she is being harassed whilst pursuing justice for women who were unsafe in the workplace. She will put her hand up and take responsibility for any errors, but those errors were small in comparison to the claims of inappropriate sexual harassment put before her. She could have buckled under pressure but chose the high road - women must feel safe in the work place. Accusers have their right to be heard no matter the standing of the accused - “let me be clear about this very important issue, I for one will not stand by and allow the workplace to be one of fear where victims voices are drowned out by powerful men.” Lots of #MeToo rhetoric in an attempt to drown out any suggestions of a concerted unlawful effort to have Salmond tossed into Saughton as a nonce.

“I did it all for the sisters, for Scotland, for independence - we are the transparent Government unlike the sleaze of Westminster and their lackeys that poison the air of this House. No, I will take no lecture from those who take ermine - Yes Ruthie I am speaking to you, you have taken the thirty pieces of silver blah, blah, blah”

“I will not stand down whilst in the middle of saving Scotland from this global pandemic. I have a mandate the electorate want and need me.”
I gave you a funny for that but seriously that is her MO.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She just had the gall to say she and her government have given the committee all the info they have asked for, but it is not her fault.

I think that will be the answer to every question

Latest Threads