Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 113 46.3%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 73 29.9%

• Total voters
So’s a lockdown.

Amazing what people think about in the middle of a lockdown.

There was a whole host of middle class white anarchists who decided that addressing the UKs history of slavery over 200 years ago was important.

Good luck surviving outside of the union then.

Good luck surviving outside of the union then.

I don’t quite understand what you’re getting at?

Most of the recent SNP rhetoric has been targeting audiences outside Scotland.
It’s no coincidence that the recent uptick coincides with a time when the SNPs own civil war is about to come to a head.

I don’t quite understand what you’re getting at?

Most of the recent SNP rhetoric has been targeting audiences outside Scotland.
It’s no coincidence that the recent uptick coincides with a time when the SNPs own civil war is about to come to a head.

Im getting at the fact that its looking like the SNP are going to get its way.

The last time they had the referendum they were utterly shit, they had no answers for anything and they still got 45% of the vote, those people are unlikely to have changed their mind, its not too much of a leap to imagine that over the past 6 years they have managed to get a further 6% to believe them

The last time they had the referendum they were utterly shit, they had no answers for anything and they still got 45% of the vote, those people are unlikely to have changed their mind, its not too much of a leap to imagine that over the past 6 years they have managed to get a further 6% to believe them
I like the fact that they believe anyone outside of Scotland gives a flying one. As long as a hard border goes in and suitably stringent imigration requirements are imposed, crack on. Sooner rather than later

You really think so ?

Johnson grants a Section 30 Order with the following conditions.

Should Scotland not vote for Independence:

• There will be no further Independence Referendums for a period of no less than 50 years.

Should Scotland vote for Independence:
  • The Barnet Formula ceases immediately
  • The BofE immediately ceases to be lender of last resort for Scotland.
  • All UK land Forces will immediately be redeployed to other bases throughout the RUK.
  • Scotland's share of the UK debt is £ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can now explain to the Scottish Electorate your great plan for moving forward as an Independent Country.

Notwithstanding that the SNP do not really want Independence - Rather, without the warcry of Independence, they have nothing.

You’re not. A once in a generation referendum was delivered. The SNP has no legal remit for a referendum. (You’ll
Notice that sturgeon was very clear that the referendum has to be legal- any member of the public can stop that in the courts)

Once she’s passed that hurdle, she has to sell the idea when oil for the foreseeable future is on its arse,
It’s finance sector is moveable. (Edinburgh’s financial standing went from 15th globally to 71st the last time they did this. You’ll notice that London hasn’t dropped down in its rankings since brexit. It’s still in second place but has increased in size by 24 points.)

Then there’s the what to do? We’ll automatically join the EU. Ignoring the fact that the EU has been deft to the legally held referendum in Catalonia that has received no support from anybody on tw international stage. The SNP now needs to sell breaking away from a country of which 60% of its trade is reliant because its in a huff that its trade with the EU that is in 3rd place with 18% has been jeopardised.

They’ll use Scottish fishing as an excuse no doubt, but that’ll be hard to sell that we need to give away control of fishing rights to a third party because the SNP has asked one of its donors to make a big deal about depressed fish exports due to a global pandemic being the result of brexit.

I don’t know how many times you have to be told that. But the EU membership isn’t a big deal for the electorate.

The SNP has revived little criticism in 2020 because brexit and Covid have dominated the news.

Bex’s now over and done, will little to no negative impact. Covid however is a different story. We have an EU vaccination failure in Europe and a Scottish vaccination failure in the U.K.

You’re not. A once in a generation referendum was delivered. The SNP has no legal remit for a referendum. (You’ll
Notice that sturgeon was very clear that the referendum has to be legal- any member of the public can stop that in the courts)

Once she’s passed that hurdle, she has to sell the idea when oil for the foreseeable future is on its arse,
It’s finance sector is moveable. (Edinburgh’s financial standing went from 15th globally to 71st the last time they did this. You’ll notice that London hasn’t dropped down in its rankings since brexit. It’s still in second place but has increased in size by 24 points.)

Then there’s the what to do? We’ll automatically join the EU. Ignoring the fact that the EU has been deft to the legally held referendum in Catalonia that has received no support from anybody on tw international stage. The SNP now needs to sell breaking away from a country of which 60% of its trade is reliant because its in a huff that its trade with the EU that is in 3rd place with 18% has been jeopardised.

They’ll use Scottish fishing as an excuse no doubt, but that’ll be hard to sell that we need to give away control of fishing rights to a third party because the SNP has asked one of its donors to make a big deal about depressed fish exports due to a global pandemic being the result of brexit.

I don’t know how many times you have to be told that. But the EU membership isn’t a big deal for the electorate.

The SNP has revived little criticism in 2020 because brexit and Covid have dominated the news.

Bex’s now over and done, will little to no negative impact. Covid however is a different story. We have an EU vaccination failure in Europe and a Scottish vaccination failure in the U.K.

A legal referendum just means its legally binding, it appears anyone can have referendum its just that the results dont have to be accepted. Like the Gibraltar referendum in 2002

Id hazard a guess and say Sturgeon will whine like the **** the English aren't letting the Jocks determine the own destiny and so have an unofficial referendum. If the results go her way she say its proof the English are holding them back from leaving.

She doesnt have to sell anything, as I said before, in the 2014 referendum the SNP were dogshit yet they still got 45% of the vote. Nearly half wanted to leave despite having **** all of a plan, also as I said before its doubtful that 45% has changed its mind, if they were prepared to leave when Salmond was bluffing his case 6 years ago, they will stick with the SNP now.
Of the remaining 55% the SNP just need 10% to change their mind, not a massive hurdle to overcome.
So anything you deem as not a big deal might be a big deal to just 10% of those who previously wanted to stay with the union.

You really think so ?

Johnson grants a Section 30 Order with the following conditions.

Should Scotland not vote for Independence:

• There will be no further Independence Referendums for a period of no less than 50 years.

Should Scotland vote for Independence:
  • The Barnet Formula ceases immediately
  • The BofE immediately ceases to be lender of last resort for Scotland.
  • All UK land Forces will immediately be redeployed to other bases throughout the RUK.
  • Scotland's share of the UK debt is £ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can now explain to the Scottish Electorate your great plan for moving forward as an Independent Country.

Notwithstanding that the SNP do not really want Independence - Rather, without the warcry of Independence, they have nothing.

Did you miss the last referendum where similar threats/promises like the BofE wouldnt back Scotland were made and still 45% decided they still wanted to leave?

And to highlight one of your points

That is your idea of a credible threat? Not withstanding the fact that even if Scotland did vote to leave it wouldnt be immediately effective, do you think the the RUK has enough facilities for 10 thousand personnel to immediately redeploy to? Probably not, eh, so its an empty threat that the SNP would rightly laugh at should Boris ever make it.

I voted "don't know". I think her and her party are as crooked as they come and are hell bent on creating a one party state which also erases the lines between party and state, they're dangerous idiots. There are already insinuations that many arms of the government/civil service/Scottish media have been complicit in their latest shenanigans.

Unfortunately, they've built so much of a cult not just around the party but herself that her sycophantic/dogmatic supporters would probably still vote for her even if she started throwing political enemies off the side of Arthur's seat (probably more likely to TBH).

Last edited:
Did you miss the last referendum where similar threats/promises like the BofE wouldnt back Scotland were made and still 45% decided they still wanted to leave?

This was guff that was battered back and forth by leave and remain factions.

Make it part of the granting of a Section 30 and it becomes a whole different ballgame.

do you think the the RUK has enough facilities for 10 thousand personnel to immediately redeploy to?

Is the current manning planning not talking about cutting another 20,000 ?

Problem solved ;) ;)

Some who went to school with her at Greenwood academy in Irvine said the same vile person back then as well

Sadly the cult followers would lick the peanuts out her shite and all claim they were better than any peanuts they had tasted before.

However there seems to be a growning discontent over up here and she'll soon reach a point if she's not done for misleading Holyrood then she'll become stale and be outed from within the SNP and I think there's some manovering taking place within them to make this happen.
Move over Burns and McGonnagal...

This was guff that was battered back and forth by leave and remain factions.

Make it part of the granting of a Section 30 and it becomes a whole different ballgame.

Is the current manning planning not talking about cutting another 20,000 ?

Problem solved ;) ;)

I dont think you understand what a section 30 is or does.

I dont think you understand what a section 30 is or does.

Well, we should find out this week if the Court of Session believes that the Scottish Government has the authority to hold an Independence Referendum without a Section 30 Order.

Not only do I understand what it is, I also understand, who currently has the authority to issue it. ( Legal challenges aside )

As one was issued to allow the 2014 Referendum ( a once in a generation Referendum ) Then those wishing to seek another Section 30 Order to hold another Independence Referendum ( in less than a generation ) should not be surprised if it is then issued with very strong caveats applied.

Well, we should find out this week if the Court of Session believes that the Scottish Government has the authority to hold an Independence Referendum without a Section 30 Order.

Not only do I understand what it is, I also understand, who currently has the authority to issue it. ( Legal challenges aside )

As one was issued to allow the 2014 Referendum ( a once in a generation Referendum ) Then those wishing to seek another Section 30 Order to hold another Independence Referendum ( in less than a generation ) should not be surprised if it is then issued with very strong caveats applied.

Here is some background

Scottish independence: What is a section 30 order? - BBC News

Attaching idle threats to one would just make Boris look like a tit.

Hmmm... a poll based on 1200 jocks... did they stand in Ibrox and ask for a show of hands?

You'll see in another of my posts further down, that according to wiki, the independence camp has won every poll since June last year (20 of them)

Latest Threads