Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
It's highly unlikely to be the side that has been suppressing evidence is it?

It is becoming apparent that the side suppressing evidence is the SG.

It would also not surprise me, with the size of the split in the SNP, which is getting wider by the day, that the leak came from within the SNP. Sturgeon appears to be running out of road and I have no doubt that there are Salmond supporters that will only be too happy to provide material that will speed up that process.

As an aside:

Did you know that the Legal Advice given to the SG was subjected to a Court Order banning its publication ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Neither did I, however many cult members believe this to be the case and have stated this repeatedly in the comment sections of The Herald.

That is how delusional some of them are.

Screenshot_20210302-065421_Messenger.jpg

Whining Civvy

War Hero
I'm utterly unconvinced that Salmond, Sturgeon or anyone else in the hierarchy of the SNP wold recognise high ground if it bit them on the arse. All of them are a bush of slimy, conniving, self important, pond life. The only question is which of them all is worse than the others - or more realistically which of them can lie more convincingly for long enough to get away with the sh1t they have inflicted on the people they are supposed to represent.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is the very definition of a successful politician, across cultures and history. You can swap them for someone who hides it better every few years, that's about it. I personally like politicians who stand victorious on a pile of crushed careers, they're very good for dealing with the wider world. See Gove et al.

Salmond needs to stop fecking us all around and he should either put up or shut up! - if he went to the media today with the alleged texts he says he's got no one would have the balls to arrest him.

He would immediately become a political prisoner and the world would collapse around the courts and the SNP - pretty much the same thing in my view.

There are a hell of a lot of despairing Scots desperate to end the scourge of Sturgeon and the SNP Govt and it is not fair to keep us all hanging whilst Salmond plays silly buggers. All the women in my family are absolutely desperate to see Sturgeon fall and are getting stressed out waiting for the big reveal.

Personally, I dont think anything will ever be produced and Sturgeon will slither on her way to another election victory and 4 more years of hate, division and the continued destruction of Scotland under her despotic regime.

Salmond needs to stop fecking us all around and he should either put up or shut up! - if he went to the media today with the alleged texts he says he's got no one would have the balls to arrest him.

He would immediately become a political prisoner and the world would collapse around the courts and the SNP - pretty much the same thing in my view.

There are a hell of a lot of despairing Scots desperate to end the scourge of Sturgeon and the SNP Govt and it is not fair to keep us all hanging whilst Salmond plays silly buggers. All the women in my family are absolutely desperate to see Sturgeon fall and are getting stressed out waiting for the big reveal.

Personally, I dont think anything will ever be produced and Sturgeon will slither on her way to another election victory and 4 more years of hate, division and the continued destruction of Scotland under her despotic regime.

And breath......

Their downfall is long over due mate and personally, I dont think that day is too far off.

You weren’t alone in your thinking:

If Andy Wightman is tweeting that then I would say it is a barometer that the writing is on the wall for the SG headshed and he is looking ahead and trying to save something of his political career.

Unfortunately his clear position was shown early on and I reckon he’ll be finished, which is good as well, not that you’d know it from some of the comments since he now is ‘a man of principle’........ apparently.

Newsflash Andy, they would have got their vote through without you judging by the news yesterday. You seem to change with the wind which will be your downfall.

With AS speaking to Hamilton QC inquiry, today or tomorrow, take a wee break it will not be too long

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If Andy Wightman is tweeting that then I would say it is a barometer that the writing is on the wall for the SG headshed and he is looking ahead and trying to save something of his political career.

Unfortunately his clear position was shown early on and I reckon he’ll be finished, which is good as well, not that you’d know it from some of the comments since he now is ‘a man of principle’........ apparently.
If they could follow with another VONC because of withholding the report into Education Standards, and another about the unusable hospital, ferries, bridge....

We might actually get rid of the cult altogether.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Newsflash Andy, they would have got their vote through without you judging by the news yesterday. You seem to change with the wind which will be your downfall.

He's Independent, ex Green.

As such he was unlikely to be re-elected anyway as iirc the Greens all got in on list seats.

As did most of the non SNP MSPs

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

It took him 3 or 4 goes to finally get round to speaking to the Inquiry.

As such they are running out of time to wrap things up before pre election purdah.

They're indeed many who wish he would just get on with it, rather than constantly saying he has damning evidence and then produces nothing of substance.

Allegedly according to radio Scotland yesterday even the stuff that he mentioned on Friday was dismissed as evidence and not actually presented during the sex trial. Lady Dorrian was the judge.

She seems to be playing a central part in all this.

He's Independent, ex Green.

As such he was unlikely to be re-elected anyway as iirc the Greens all got in on list seats.

As did most of the non SNP MSPs
He was talking of moving to a new area and standing, possibly as an independent, but who knows what back room deal may have just gone up in flames.

Either way the twitterati from that area made it clear when he voted the way he did previously on evidence etc that he was persona non grata.

As such they are running out of time to wrap things up before pre election purdah.

They're indeed many who wish he would just get on with it, rather than constantly saying he has damning evidence and then produces nothing of substance.

Allegedly according to radio Scotland yesterday even the stuff that he mentioned on Friday was dismissed as evidence and not actually presented during the sex trial. Lady Dorrian was the judge.

First highlight: due to ScotGov moving the goalposts, as you well know.

Second highlight: due to ScotGov instigated court orders, as you well know.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He was talking of moving to a new area and standing, possibly as an independent, but who knows what back room deal may have just gone up in flames.

Either way the twitterati from that area made it clear when he voted the way he did previously on evidence etc that he was persona non grata.

Don't think that there has been an independent MSP elected yet.

A fair few have ended up due to suspension or leaving their party.

They would have to be exceptional to win a constituency and the list system is geared towards the parties.

Truxx

LE
And breath......

Their downfall is long over due mate and personally, I dont think that day is too far off.
Good politics is like good comedy, and relys on timing.

I see Salmond as a master of timing, which works on two levels, the day to day rough and tumble with a particular eye on the news cycle( a bombshell on a Friday reverberates much louder than the same punchline on, say, a wednesday ( when there is a budget). Similarly, the longer he can delay the punchline, to, say pre election purdah, to which he and his supporters are not hamstrung, the greater the impact.

I can only imagine that the material provided by the Crown that his solicitors are sitting on will have the evidence which will end several involved.

Salmond is a slime ball but he’s not stupid and I believe he has it as his closing statement was the sort of a man who knows he has a winning hand if he can play it.

Like the SNP tried to do with him he now has them fighting on two fronts and perhaps they are on the ropes. I can only imagine that Swinney’s U-turn is both to save his own skin and perhaps will stop them asking Salmond’s solicitors for their material (which seems to have gone quiet).

I can only think that the only way you would consider this route would be if you thought you could bullshit your way out of what is produced or indeed it isn’t much of anything but has been used as a smokescreen for such an occasion.

The world of politics and law are murky anyway; once you get into the legal side back room deals are done every day in every court across the country where the prosecution always goes for the path of least resistance.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
First highlight: due to ScotGov moving the goalposts, as you well know.

Second highlight: due to ScotGov instigated court orders.

As highlighted in the post I responded to,
"- if he went to the media today with the alleged texts he says he's got no one would have the balls to arrest him.

He would immediately become a political prisoner and the world would collapse around the courts and the SNP "

I fully agree, if his evidence is so clear cut, and he was so sure of it, then just publish it.

Don't think that there has been an independent MSP elected yet.

A fair few have ended up due to suspension or leaving their party.

They would have to be exceptional to win a constituency and the list system is geared towards the parties.
Which does make you wonder if, in the murky world of politics, an ‘understanding’ was reached.

Latest Threads