Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 120 47.4%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 24 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 74 29.2%

• Total voters
I keep hearing they are just a vehicle to independance yet still to hear who would replace them and with what we'd be stuck with the frauds for infinity

They probably wouldnt do that well if they ever got independence, but they wouldnt care. Their main reason for existence is to leave the union.

The SNP just need to win the referendum, they don't need to do well after that.
They need to win a referendum based on.

1) 60% of our trade is with the U.K. 22% with the rest of the world and 18% with the EU. We need to isolate ourselves from our main trading partner, and give full control of our second largest export market to the control of unelected officials who are our third largest export market.

2) our main commodity is oil, of which the SNP have already demonstrated is so volatile that even the SNPs incredibly optimistic oil forecast projections were found very quickly to be b0ll0cks.

3) a region of the EU with a larger population and bigger GDP than ours voted for separation as so far nobody from the EU has spoken to them. Although the EUs love of freedom is so great that it allowed a European arrest warrant to be issued to those politicians involved.

4) a key sector in the Scottish economy is that of finance. Edinburgh ranked 15th in the world of global financial centres in 2007, but now since an SNP majority in Holyrood that started in 2007, Edinburgh the went down to 75th place out of 81 financial centres, and has only come back up again after the 2014 silliness was put to bed. But never mind, that lucrative sector is reliant on the Bank of England supporting it, and last time the finance sector just moved to London overnight.

5) yhe involvement of Blair and Co in the brexit negotiations have seen how borders that needn’t be there are now there. So that frictionless trade won’t be happening. Remember 60% of our trade is the other side of that new border. 18% of our trade has to get through that border and another border again.

6) Nikki has to simultaneously defend herself and her political party against some rather unsavoury shenanigans. Whilst she’s been huge lucky with very sub standard media review, more recently enhanced by people being more interested with brexit and a global pandemic. She has to sell the idea with ever increasing scrutiny with people now beginning to Pont out such easily researchable facts as why are vaccination rates so low? Why have you failed on education/ health care/ economic issues? What did go on with you and salmond? You only have one oil refinery in Scotland that is privately owned by and English Chemical Engineer. Etc etc etc.

HCL

LE
But would they ? Your State pension is not funded by a pot of money created by the NI and Income Tax you paid in your life time but by the taxation of current tax payers. So your NI & Tax is paying for someone's pension now. How many of the current pensioners would HM Treasury be happy to cover ? National Government employees may be fine. But State Pensions ? Are you sure you want to bet an SNP led administration could successfully negotiate for Westminster to pay the State Pension for everyone receiving a State pension now or now working ?

You're right. What's fair got to do with it. It'll be a rare old cat fight between Westminster and Holyrood.

Scotch eggs? Mist?
Scotch eggs? Mist?
It was meant to be a cartoon at one point.

But then we got this.

The SNP just need to win the referendum, they don't need to do well after that.

This. So the SNP win independence, Scotland doesn't collapse or disappear into a black hole, cue wee nippy "oh look see I was right" etc, ad infinitum.

Alternatively, Scotland goes down the tubes financially or whatever, cue wee nippy "oh this has been caused by the evil English, they did X, Y and Z to sabotage independence, etc".

She's on a win win frankly. Either way she wins independence and goes down in history as the new William Wallace, FRREEEEEDOOOOOMMMMM, etc.

They probably wouldnt do that well if they ever got independence, but they wouldnt care. Their main reason for existence is to leave the union.
But only the union with the English in it. They're happy to be part of a far bigger union where they'll have less of a say or influence. Joining the EU is not being independent. Scottish independence is the SNP's biggest lie, they are an anti-English party. The just haven't got the courage to say it.

But only the union with the English in it. They're happy to be part of a far bigger union where they'll have less of a say or influence. Joining the EU is not being independent. Scottish independence is the SNP's biggest lie, they are an anti-English party. The just haven't got the courage to say it.

It doesnt matter.

This. So the SNP win independence, Scotland doesn't collapse or disappear into a black hole, cue wee nippy "oh look see I was right" etc, ad infinitum.

Alternatively, Scotland goes down the tubes financially or whatever, cue wee nippy "oh this has been caused by the evil English, they did X, Y and Z to sabotage independence, etc".

She's on a win win frankly. Either way she wins independence and goes down in history as the new William Wallace, FRREEEEEDOOOOOMMMMM, etc.
She'll just **** off to Portugal at the 1st hint of it going pear shaped and sit it out with a nice pension not taking responsibilty for the mess she's caused.

She'll just **** off to Portugal at the 1st hint of it going pear shaped and sit it out with a nice pension not taking responsibilty for the mess she's caused.
Whilst becoming bitter that there’s no EU job for her at the end of it.

I’m glad that you are that honest. A few others are, many will insist that things are better now.

I firmly believe that the UK will be much better off post Brexit
Quite happy to accept that it may not be as quick as I would like but I'm firmly of the opinion that it is a price worth paying.
It was always likely that the French in particular would throw their toys out of the pram but it won't last forever.
I've also always expressed concern that Ireland could be the biggest victim.

I'm a realist. I have no great qualms admitting not everything will turn out the way I had hoped.

But to the point, whilst I do genuinely believe that the UK can weather the after effects of Brexit it is clear that Scotland would not cope quite so well with the SNP's version of independence.
Just like the last once in a generation referendum the SNP are lying about what would happen post independence.
Their dishonestly is on an epic scale and probably even less honest than Project Fear.

If Scotland were to have a another neverendum they should at least go in to it with something approaching the truth being presented to them. I have no problem with self determination, but I do have a problem with being sold a lie.
Sturgeon is selling lies in an atempt to get another referendum

I firmly believe that the UK will be much better off post Brexit
Quite happy to accept that it may not be as quick as I would like but I'm firmly of the opinion that it is a price worth paying.
It was always likely that the French in particular would throw their toys out of the pram but it won't last forever.
I've also always expressed concern that Ireland could be the biggest victim.

I'm a realist. I have no great qualms admitting not everything will turn out the way I had hoped.

But to the point, whilst I do genuinely believe that the UK can weather the after effects of Brexit it is clear that Scotland would not cope quite so well with the SNP's version of independence.
Just like the last once in a generation referendum the SNP are lying about what would happen post independence.
Their dishonestly is on an epic scale and probably even less honest than Project Fear.

If Scotland were to have a another neverendum they should at least go in to it with something approaching the truth being presented to them. I have no problem with self determination, but I do have a problem with being sold a lie.
Sturgeon is selling lies in an atempt to get another referendum
In some respects they are like UKIP

Whilst becoming bitter that there’s no EU job for her at the end of it.
That's all she's after thinking she can grandstand on the world stage all about her not about Scotland, We are but mearly a stepping stone to her next ambition

I'll bet there was tears of rage that she couldn't invite herself over to Joe Biden's signing in last week.