Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
@stacker1 says:

1614612573839.png

Seriously fella, give it a rest.

No, I mean you only appear happy when you're figuratively screaming at other posters, and always do your best to be as abrasive and contrary as possible*. It's a bit tedious to be honest, and detracts from debate. That doesn't matter too much on some threads, but I'm actually interested in what's happening in Scottish political shenanigans right now, and reading your white noise is getting in the way. @Fang_Farrier appears to have a generally pro-indy view and manages to get a point across without starting a fight every second sentence. You on the other hand appear to be arguing for the sake of it.

*To save some time and an awful lot of bandwidth, can I just state now that @stacker1 is always right about everything and I agree with him totally, I was wrong etc. Happy now?
Just put him on ignore. I have for a while so all I see is:

You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content

It's the most sense you'll ever get from any of his posts

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
In all the time I've been on Arrse I've never put anyone on Ignore. Whilst I fully support the right to do so, my concern is that if enough people ignore the nasty buggers on here (the Blunt Pencil for example), they'll be free to post their bile unchallenged, and someone new who clicks on here will be faced with reams of holocaust denial with no dissenting voice.

Anyway I'm far too stubborn to let the cretins win. I'd rather laugh at them.

Am I being over-cynical in wondering whether Sturgeon's hearing, on Wednesday, was fixed by the SNP-chaired committee to coincide with Sunak's Budget statement in the Commons? Indeed, if she starts to testify at the same time as Salmond did (1230), it will be almost exactly simultaneous, meaning that live coverage of it, at least south of the border, may not be available for the first hour or so and possibly much longer, given the opposition parties' responses to Sunak and media analysis etc. I assume (open to correction) that the Budget DTG was determined long before the Holyrood hearing, so is this seen in Edinburgh as a good day for damage limitation in terms of nationwide exposure?

My dear chap, the question should not be, "Am I being over-cynical?" but rather, "Am I being cynical enough?" ;)

In all the time I've been on Arrse I've never put anyone on Ignore. Whilst I fully support the right to do so, my concern is that if enough people ignore the nasty buggers on here (the Blunt Pencil for example), they'll be free to post their bile unchallenged, and someone new who clicks on here will be faced with reams of holocaust denial with no dissenting voice.

Anyway I'm far too stubborn to let the cretins win. I'd rather laugh at them.
Personal choice but many are dull dull dull and their posts as repetitive as shouting at pigeons. I enjoy reading real opinions, not gibbering rubbish. Think I currently have 10 on ignore, half are sock puppets.

In Scotland, yes, but my point was that live coverage elsewhere may not be available at all, at least for the first two or three hours, and - barring some absolute sensation - the Budget will easily trump it in subsequent news broadcasts and in Thursday's newspapers. So reaction to any political injury Sturgeon may self-inflict on the day will be largely confined to Scotland. We'll see how the media play it on Wednesday, but I fully expect to be deprived of another political viewing feast.
I watched Salmond's evidence live-streamed on the BBC web-site whilst Mrs b was watching some stupid cookery programme on the telly. So if Sturgeon's appearance is live-streamed as well, I'll be able to watch the Budget on the telly at the same time here in deepest, darkest Lincolnshire.

I watched Salmond's evidence live-streamed on the BBC web-site whilst Mrs b was watching some stupid cookery programme on the telly. So if Sturgeon's appearance is live-streamed as well, I'll be able to watch the Budget on the telly at the same time here in deepest, darkest Lincolnshire.
The days must fly by...

I received an SNP leaflet this morning as well, was en-route for a crap at the time and genuinely contemplated wiping my arse with it but it was too reminiscent of the old grease paper bog roll we used to get in the rat packs :)
I wonder why the cult is quite so keen on having you sign up for a postal vote? Is it because they don't trust the idiots ..err no sorry morons ... no that's not fair... the buckie soaked layabouts to actually get out of bed to vote for them if it is not Bru day?

Or perhaps they will organise a postal strike .....Just asking?

HCL

LE
I'm an expert on French law after binge watching all 8 series of Spiral and conclude he will simply execute a Gallic shrug and say it is only un year why bother...putain

At home. Its not as if he's going to be on du pan et von ordinaire is it. Dunno how he'll get his mistresses past his missus though?

Tyk

LE
Is there anywhere that has a breakdown of the committee, their parties and allegiances?

Had a quick look and nothing came up that satisfied.

This has the basic info, but not the knowledge of who would be likely biased/supportive towards Sturgeon/Salmond.

I had the same question when I was watching the whole Salmond evidence session, I resorted to Googling the party affiliations of the committee members as it seemed highly relevant.
Or from the page you linked you can click on their individual bio pages, bit annoying, but workable.

I had the same question when I was watching the whole Salmond evidence session, I resorted to Googling the party affiliations of the committee members as it seemed highly relevant.
Or from the page you linked you can click on their individual bio pages, bit annoying, but workable.
Yeah, I was hoping for something a bit more nuanced as I don't really understand the full workings of Scottish Politics and the historical leanings of the individual SNP members.

For instance - the Liberal bloke Cole-Hamilton simply wanted to make sure that Salmond was seen in a particular light and had to be repeatedly slapped down by the Chair - what's his/their history?

Tyk

LE
Yeah, I was hoping for something a bit more nuanced as I don't really understand the full workings of Scottish Politics and the historical leanings of the individual SNP members.

It seems pretty relevant to me that the party affiliations of the members would be on the committee page. The extremely generous assumption of "no committee member would behave in a partisan manner, especially in a serious investigation matter" is the only reason I can think why they leave it off.

I'm sure your reaction to that assumption is as cynical as mine :D

I noted the same re Cole-Hamilton, if you've managed to make it to the later session several hours in his tone is somewhat changed and he asks some pretty searching questions. I made some comments up thread about the various committee members and how they came across.

Just put him on ignore. I have for a while so all I see is:

It's the most sense you'll ever get from any of his posts
Not that you are bothered, not one little bit.

Although clearly I made you look a **** in the past.

Tyk

LE
Not that you are bothered, not one little bit.

Although clearly I made you look a **** in the past.

Please knock it off or take it to the poo-poo thread, this thread really doesn't need polluting with handbags. It's both interesting and relevant to the future of the UK not a Stacker goes to yet another fruitless combat opportunity.

Latest Threads