• No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
Do you see any other outcome?

Why would the SNP shit on its own doorstep? Without Sturgeon they will face a massive setback.
There are calls from Sillars and other elected officials telling Sturgeon to go over it, One party branch has lost over 14% of their membership over it. Many other SNP voters are also walking away.

What ylunforget is there is a sizable Salmond support still in the SNP and Sillars has mentioned previously of splitting from SNP and forming a new party. Given the spat between the Sturgeon support and the likes of Cherry it could well happen.

The Internet is also awash with independence supporters who have lost faith with the SNP and Sturgeon claiming they don't really want it as they have their noses well and truly in the gravy train and she's an establishment plant/stooge.

Whatever May will be interesting and I don't think the walk over they are boasting about. If I was the Murrells after May I'd be drafting up a CV and getting in touch with the broo office if they lose seats.

Few porridgewogs (especially the SNP) seems bothered about the fuss

HCL

LE
The English stealing the poor hardworking jocks money? The SNP would love it.

All depends on the T&Cs when it was sent, a proper audit first of course, and then plod to feel a few collars if necessary.

Unspent budgets gets recalled all the time.

All depends on the T&Cs when it was sent, a proper audit first of course, and then plod to feel a few collars if necessary.

That still wouldnt matter to the SNP, the English would be stealing Scotlands money.

They would probably (in private) want it to happen.

All depends on the T&Cs when it was sent, a proper audit first of course, and then get NCA

to feel a few collars if necessary.

FOC

And opinion polls are always correct :roll:

Its strange that on ARRSE the opinion polls must be correct when they are sticking the boot into whatever political party (usually the SNP or Labour) but are incorrect if they are not showing what the angry mob want them to show.

Its strange that on ARRSE the opinion polls must be correct when they are sticking the boot into whatever political party (usually the SNP or Labour) but are incorrect if they are not showing what the angry mob want them to show.
It is well know you cannot take the polls up here at face value with the influx of SNP followers that have inundated the polls.

I think people are forgetting that Salmond was a bit of **** during his time as FM and the SNP still did OK.
They look to be bullet proof, they dont give a **** about what the English say because it has no effect on them. North of border they still appear to have solid support.

The SNP's current and continuing fall in the polls along with the fall in support for independence would suggest you are wrong.
I guess we'll know for sure in May

It is well know you cannot take the polls up here at face value with the influx of SNP followers that have inundated the polls.

Must be a coincidence that in the 2016 election there was just a few % between the polling and the results.

The SNP's current and continuing fall in the polls along with the fall in support for independence would suggest you are wrong.

Now the polls are totally accurate.

Also losing a few percent while still predicted to have a sizable amount of politicians is not suggesting Im wrong, its suggests the vast majority of SNP voters will continue to vote SNP.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
I'm not sure about that - voting for the SNP candidate doesn't necessarily mean that the voter wants independence - It's only one of their policies and the alternative candidates put forward by the other parties wouldn't install confidence in a ladies tea party (not that I go to many of them)

Do you see any other outcome?

Why would the SNP shit on its own doorstep? Without Sturgeon they will face a massive setback.

Depends when they reach the point of believing Sturgeon is to toxic to lead their cause.
It may reach that point soon where the SNP Evangelists reach the conclusion that she is more of a liability than asset
I would think they are bordering on that position now.

Keep trying, somebody will bite.

Is anything I'm saying not true?

If you were a jock wanting independence why would you rock the boat and want a new leader 2 months before a major election?

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Depends when they reach the point of believing Sturgeon is to toxic to lead their cause.
It may reach that point soon where the SNP Evangelists reach the conclusion that she is more of a liability than asset
I would think they are bordering on that position now.
I hope they think that - or come to realise it - but maybe if she holds on a bit longer the SNP won't get a chance to get all their sh1t in a sock with someone else that lies quite as well as she has and takes over