Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
You may well be right, but it's not just her opinion that matters. Voters are a fickle bunch (even Scottish voters - for every extreme blue faced Nat supporter screaming freedom, there will be a dozen less committed SNP voters who can and will change their vote if the scandal stinks enough), and I imagine if it goes down that road the rest of her party will be counting up the cost and wondering if keeping Wee Nippy in the Wee Hoose is worth it.

Fingers crossed.

I think people are forgetting that Salmond was a bit of **** during his time as FM and the SNP still did OK.
They look to be bullet proof, they dont give a **** about what the English say because it has no effect on them. North of border they still appear to have solid support.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
You may well be right, but it's not just her opinion that matters. Voters are a fickle bunch (even Scottish voters - for every extreme blue faced Nat supporter screaming freedom, there will be a dozen less committed SNP voters who can and will change their vote if the scandal stinks enough), and I imagine if it goes down that road the rest of her party will be counting up the cost and wondering if keeping Wee Nippy in the Wee Hoose is worth it.

Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately it's not only about keeping NS out of Bute House - its the whole system that is fatally flawed and the SNP as a party in particular..... The lack of collective responsibility by the entire Cabinet and Party has to be looked at. I can't believe that, at the very least, the majority of her lackies, many of whom are in high political office, didn't know about all of this - and they did nothing......

I was once told by a very senior judge (now a supreme court judge) that "there is no such thing as justice - there is only the Law" but at some level there has got to be a massive overlap. The lack of integrity, common decency and respect for the people that put them in office (the voters) would suggest that they should have done more than just sit back and let it all happen. Get rid of the lot of them I say.....

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I think people are forgetting that Salmond was a bit of **** during his time as FM and the SNP still did OK.
They look to be bullet proof, they dont give a **** about what the English say because it has no effect on them. North of border they still appear to have solid support.
You may be right, I sincerely hope not.

From what I understand however, the level of collusion and corruption now present dwarfs anything Wee Eck managed (not for want of trying I'm sure).

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Unfortunately it's not only about keeping NS out of Bute House - its the whole system that is fatally flawed and the SNP as a party in particular..... The lack of collective responsibility by the entire Cabinet and Party has to be looked at. I can't believe that, at the very least, the majority of her lackies, many of whom are in high political office, didn't know about all of this - and they did nothing......

I was once told by a very senior judge (now a supreme court judge) that "there is no such thing as justice - there is only the Law" but at some level there has got to be a massive overlap. The lack of integrity, common decency and respect for the people that put them in office (the voters) would suggest that they should have done more than just sit back and let it all happen. Get rid of the lot of them I say.....
AND change the system so that no one party can get the the same degree of absolute power ever again....

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Agreed, but heaving her out (preferably into a prison cell) would be a very good first step. The lack of accountability is quite frightening.

AND change the system so that no one party can get the the same degree of absolute power ever again....

How would you propose changing the system?

The voters can vote them out if they want, if they dont, then it looks like the voters are happy with the status quo

A quick morning surf on the Natzi chatisphere shows that they continue to rip themselves apart. Huba, Huba, happy dayz....
View attachment 553508
That’s her trying to sneak out a fart without accidentally evacuating her bowels prior to Ruth Davidson asking her a question she doesn’t like.

It’s usually followed by a blinkathon and a severe case of headwobbling to which the only retort is usually “Toaaaarrrrriiiiiieeee”, “Thatcher” or “Westminster”....

'There's more than one way of skinning a cat.' A wee snippet, at the bottom of page 20 in yesterday's Sunday Post.
"The day before,Alex Salmond helped write *Anas Sarwar's first manifesto."
What with George Galloway saying he'll vote Tory for the first time, there are some strange bed fellows coming together. Considering how much he strived for independence, it would be ironic if his actions now help to maintain the Union. Although I don't for one moment think that he ultimately wants Scotland to separate.

It's been remarked on the snp being in power for too long, 14 years, thus helping to create their allegedly breaking, bending the law at will. Not near as long as that. The MD's of Rangers, who didn't have a shred of evidence against them, were first charged TEN years ago. It didn't take too long for the rot to begin.

* The new Labour leader in Scotland.

'There's more than one way of skinning a cat.' A wee snippet, at the bottom of page 20 in yesterday's Sunday Post.
"The day before,Alex Salmond helped write *Anas Sarwar's first manifesto."
What with George Galloway saying he'll vote Tory for the first time, there are some strange bed fellows coming together.
You know the drill:
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" etc

The recent example of the proven bullying by the Home Secretary and breaching the Ministerial code yet being supported by the PM and remaining in post seems to be quoted as evidence that such things only apply in certain cases.

There was rather more to that than has been allowed to see the light of day. Put it this way, neither side emerges with any great credit.

More, I believe to stop the gnats getting into power. Another bliar legacy, iirc. That went well.
Was the complex (?) voting system based around having three main Parties ... Labour , Conservative and SNP ... to ensure no Party had an outright majority ... the collapse of Labour as a Party means it is now a totally different situation ... the start of any change may require many more people holding their noses when they vote in May .

Latest Threads