Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
There is indeed someone who can hold C**t face (PBUH) to account, she from whom all power flows in this blessed realm.

View attachment 553395

Don't be silly. Her Majesty has far more subtle methods at her disposal for dealing with threats to the UK.

4zudyt.jpg

Thats because she changed her mind mid-sentance and said she wasnt guilty another instance of the SNP having it's claws into the legal system could you see anyone else get away with that it stinks.
Yes. I think Ms McGarry's attempt to withdraw her guilty plea was refused by the Sheriff, but was eventually successful on appeal. I don't know what were the grounds of appeal, but changing a plea was traditionally a very difficult thing to do, for obvious reasons.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes. I think Ms McGarry's attempt to withdraw her guilty plea was refused by the Sheriff, but was eventually successful on appeal. I don't know what were the grounds of appeal, but changing a plea was traditionally a very difficult thing to do, for obvious reasons.

IIRC it was something to do with not fully understanding the charges as she was representing herself and felt she had no choice as the money was gone.
However got a lawyer who asked for pleas to be changed.
She was denied that.

Appeal ruled a miscarriage but didn't reveal exactly why.

IIRC it was something to do with not fully understanding the charges as she was representing herself and felt she had no choice as the money was gone.
However got a lawyer who asked for pleas to be changed.
She was denied that.

Appeal ruled a miscarriage but didn't reveal exactly why.
Thanks. Despite her having studied law at Aberdeen University, according to Wikipedia. One must assume that a sufficient case was made once she got a lawyer for the appeal.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thanks. Despite her having studied law at Aberdeen University, according to Wikipedia. One must assume that a sufficient case was made once she got a lawyer for the appeal.

Found a BBC report from the first trial.

The lawyer was engaged after the initial guilty plea.
"He said his client had felt she had no choice but to tender a plea, as the circumstances were prejudicial against her"

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt

This whole thing stinks - the SNP is rotten to the core and somehow because of the enormous unchecked power they have been allowed to wield for far too long they seem to control (have undue influence over) the courts as well as the institutions of government and civil service who should know better

Found a BBC report from the first trial.

The lawyer was engaged after the initial guilty plea.
"He said his client had felt she had no choice but to tender a plea, as the circumstances were prejudicial against her"
If only that brilliant plea had occurred to other defending lawyers: "the circumstances were prejudicial against them". :)

Not for me to prejudge the case of course.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Wow.

If that is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it), then I fail to see how Sturgeon can hope to remain in office as FM, having breached the ministerial code in pretty much every way apart from actually wiping her chuff on the Saltire. Then again, I'm neither an SNP politician nor a lawyer.

Truxx

LE
Wow.

If that is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it), then I fail to see how Sturgeon can hope to remain in office as FM, having breached the ministerial code in pretty much every way apart from actually wiping her chuff on the Saltire. Then again, I'm neither an SNP politician nor a lawyer.
I said it was going to be a long weekend in the Sturgeon household.

Latest Threads