Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 80 28.4%

• Total voters
What financial crash?

So far all I’ve seen is confirmed investment in the long term by some large business, some petty behaviour by some French border officials, a global pandemic meaning journalists are left to reporting what they’re reading on Twitter, and some canny fisherman demanding financial compensation because they’ve seen the market value of their product drop by 20% because they’re market isn’t buying because they’re on lockdown.

So, you have read nothing financially negative about Brexit to The U.K. economy?

So, you have read nothing financially negative about Brexit to The U.K. economy?

Twig sellers face imminent bankruptcy, despite Brexit

Rug muncher?
1611520509299.png

Now what did I say? :wink:

I read loads.

To be honest, the only bad thing I’ve seen has been Covid related. You know, issues on the high street, curfews imposed on the continent resulting in very low demand for fish exports.

I did read that with the U.K. on target for vaccinating everybody in the country by September this year, we’ll have a significantly quicker recovery than the EU.

NSP

LE
Ministers are aware of the supply challenges in some countries, including in south-east England, and the growing concerns about the need for water utilities in England to take action to ensure continuity of supply in water-stressed areas in the future.
Of course, they weren't stressed until Blair's lot waved in more and more thirsty mouths at the rate of one a minute, more or less, for the duration of their tenure - further exacerbated by the complete failure to and disinterest in stemming the flow since.

Quite well by the looks of things

Easy to sell pipe-dreams in times like these.

Little more difficult to turn those into reality.

Brexit doom hasn’t been delivered upon us. Leading the way on vaccination.

The SNP still have to sell the advantages.

Sorry pal, but the pols have been wrong many, many times before.

Easy to sell pipe-dreams in times like these.

Little more difficult to turn those into reality.

Brexit doom hasn’t been delivered upon us. Leading the way on vaccination.

The SNP still have to sell the advantages.

Sorry pal, but the pols have been wrong many, many times before.

The SNP just need to win the referendum, they don't need to do well after that.

HCL

LE
You forgot pensions as well, I was watching the news the other day and they were on about how the pension pot would be split up. All I can say is that if Scotland ever gets independence - a lot of pensioners better get looking for work.

I think existing UK pensions would still be honoured by the rUK govt as the NI contributions went to Westminster, and that any independent Scotland would have to pay a proportion towards the total cost of those pensions; all those retiring thereafter mind....

I think existing UK pensions would still be honoured by the rUK govt as the NI contributions went to Westminster, and that any independent Scotland would have to pay a proportion towards the total cost of those pensions; all those retiring thereafter mind....
But would they ? Your State pension is not funded by a pot of money created by the NI and Income Tax you paid in your life time but by the taxation of current tax payers. So your NI & Tax is paying for someone's pension now. How many of the current pensioners would HM Treasury be happy to cover ? National Government employees may be fine. But State Pensions ? Are you sure you want to bet an SNP led administration could successfully negotiate for Westminster to pay the State Pension for everyone receiving a State pension now or now working ?

Latest Threads