Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
Which is right and proper as they are the 'owners' of that info. However AS has copies which he offered to share, but only if the Committee demand them, thus lifting the threat of contempt proceedings against AS by the Crown Office

AS was, I believe, suggesting that such notice be put to directly his lawyers rather than the PF's office, which has already recieved a request for the evidence and declined to provide it.

Were the Crown office to provide the evidence, that doesn't automatically eliminate the threat of contempt against AS. The court imposed injunction would need to be removed by that same court.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
AS was, I believe, suggesting that such notice be put to directly his lawyers rather than the PF's office, which has already recieved a request for the evidence and declined to provide it.

Were the Crown office to provide the evidence, that doesn't automatically eliminate the threat of contempt against AS. The court imposed injunction would need to be removed by that same court.
The court have done that for much of the evidence - the Spectator went specifically to court to ask. But the Crown Office still redacted it or refused to allow it as evidence.

There are obvious bits that identify the women concerned and they correctly are still under court orders, but there is other evidence that Salmond alleges shows the ScotGov to be in the wrong, criminal even but which the ScotGov and their legal teams refuse to hand over.

This is a huge and complex issue in which a lot of work has been done to muddy the waters, confuse, obstruct and generally not follow the principles of truth, openness and transparency.

There is more to come, and I expect a court case by Salmond against the ScotGov for their treatment of him, in the next week or so.

I wonder if the complainants would have a claim against ScotGov for their incompetence in handling this matter?

Probably not given their evidence was tested at the criminal court, but it's Scottish law so they could well be awarded a golden haggis as compensation.

<snip>
There is more to come, and I expect a court case by Salmond against the ScotGov for their treatment of him, in the next week or so.
You could be right.
1614468033397.png
Why Salmond could sue Sturgeon over one angry sentence about the sexual allegations made against him – John McLellan

Probably not given their evidence was tested at the criminal court, but it's Scottish law so they could well be awarded a golden haggis as compensation.
Prior to the court case it would appear they could have been offered arbitration. I believe their statements from the investigating officer were handed to the police without their permission.

But who would turn down a deep fried golden haggis mounted on a plinth from the FM as a memento of ‘Me Too’ ScotGov style.

They are going to charge England for all the Scottish water piped south of the border and sell electickery generated from renewables.
Plus the oil money that currently gets sent to London will make them all rich

Honest.
But . . . but . . . that kind of talk wins votes, north-of-the-border !! :( .

[drift]

Published by: Janey Godley's FanPage, on 18 February 2021.

“It’s not a Eurovision Jag contest”

[/drift]

[drift]

Published by: Janey Godley's FanPage, on 23 February 2021.

[/drift]

.....although the notice to produce under powers in the Scottish Act are addresses to the PF rather than Salmond's lawyers.

Whilst the frenzy might surround the demand from the PF / Crown Office

I would also go on to say:

1. With the allegations that Salmond has made against the Crown Office & The Scottish Government - I would suggest that Evidence would need to be provided by both Parties, comparisons made and then a decision can be made on which Party is being honest, open and transparent about allegations.

2. A refusal by the Crown Office for a 3rd time ( especially after Salmond's testimony under Oath ) to provide requested evidence will only drive another nail ( if it needed ) into the coffin of the Crown Office and any case that Sturgeon might believe that she still has.

More than one way to skin a cat.

They are going to charge England for all the Scottish water piped south of the border and sell electickery generated from renewables.
Plus the oil money that currently gets sent to London will make them all rich

Honest.

It's a simple enough question, but I've yet to see a credible answer. There seems to exist a fantasy that Scotch independence simply means everything remains unchanged apart from being able to tell Westminster to fck off whenever they wish.

I'm not sure they're going to be entirely happy with becoming The People's Democratic Republic of Alba.

Looks as if NS's beloved EU is about to give her a bit of a nip on the arrse .... never rains but it pours ...

also some cracking comments in this ...

The court have done that for much of the evidence - the Spectator went specifically to court to ask. But the Crown Office still redacted it or refused to allow it as evidence.

There are obvious bits that identify the women concerned and they correctly are still under court orders, but there is other evidence that Salmond alleges shows the ScotGov to be in the wrong, criminal even but which the ScotGov and their legal teams refuse to hand over.

This is a huge and complex issue in which a lot of work has been done to muddy the waters, confuse, obstruct and generally not follow the principles of truth, openness and transparency.

As others have already said: if Fat Eck starts up a GoFundMe for legal action against ScotGov, I'll be happy to chuck him a tenner.

The fact that Salmond could walk under a snake's belly while wearing a top hat is neither here nor there. The principal at stake in this situation is far too important: justice for all, or justice for none.

Latest Threads