Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
I offer Nicola Sturgeon nothing but ill-will but I refuse to do so by investing Alex Salmond with some kind of selfless integrity. He's a nasty, slippery sleazebag of a man. He may end up playing the better game, but to me he's the same shite he always was
Hear hear, they are both a pair of cnuts, its just that they are fighting each other.

With the allegations of a conspiracy by the Scottish government et al is there any mechanism to allow the UK government to hold their own investigation into the allegations, or would they need to wait for someone else to start legal proceedings etc?

With the allegations of a conspiracy by the Scottish government et al is there any mechanism to allow the UK government to hold their own investigation into the allegations, or would they need to wait for someone else to start legal proceedings etc?

I believe that is the question Liam Fox raised in Parliament last week?

I think the option is being looked at but don't know what the law allows for.

I believe that is the question Liam Fox raised in Parliament last week?

I think the option is being looked at but don't know what the law allows for.
Another i guess would be how the SNP and their followers would react to any such investigation.

They’d love to be able to blame the “English” for trying to take “their” powers away.

Another i guess would be how the SNP and their followers would react to any such investigation.

They’d love to be able to blame the “English” for trying to take “their” powers away.

They would

But when Scotland has reached the stage where Alex Salmond is questioning whether Scotland is fit to handle indpendence then events may have reached the point where radical action is required

Regardless of what Sturgeon and her Coven may think, Scotland is still part of the United Kingdom and cannot be allowed to descend further in to the stinking quagmire than it already has.
A week ago I would have been opposed to the UK Gov intervening in the devolved Scottish Government, now I am not convinced that there are fit and proper persons governing Scotland.

Sturgeon clearly considers herself above the law.

Tyk

LE

That's exactly why I described Westminster getting involved as a nuclear option, it stands a strong chance of bolstering support for SNaziP. Blame the hated English has worked well for them for years and Westminster wading in plays right into that.
The only way I can see it happening is if major court cases kick off so it's impossible to turn a semi blind eye to the corruption in Scotland as damaging to the whole of the UK, not a local spat.

In my book it's already damaging to the UK and painting British democracy with several coats of excrement.

Salmond himself said that while the Scottish institutions are basically sound, but have been questionably led, he implied that a major reform, possibly replacing those institutions wasn't beyond comprehension.

It's a long grind, but the Salmond evidence session is worth watching if you have 5+ hours spare.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Maybe Nicola will be summoned by Her Maj and sacked? ;)

There was a poll recently, which I can't find but someone else may, which said 36% think NS should resign and 58% said they would vote for her regardless of what she has done! Says a lot about the Scottish electorate.
Some even stating that she must have very good reasons for lying and its OK! They really are brain washed, However folk resigning in droves from the party and open letters from Sillars and other SNP elected officals calling for her to go.

Somehow I dont think the election will be the landslide they expect and are boasting about and if not it's on her head, Given the new labour leader announced today I can see the Asian vote going to him.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Some even stating that she must have very good reasons for lying and its OK! They really are brain washed, However folk resigning in droves from the party and open letters from Sillars and other SNP elected officals calling for her to go.

Somehow I dont think the election will be the landslide they expect and are boasting about and if not it's on her head, Given the new labour leader announced today I can see the Asian vote going to him.
Not enough of them to make a difference I don't think - but hopefully he can turn the tide and get the old labour voters away from the SNP

Leading Scottish Conservative Murdo Fraser, who is currently sitting on the Scottish Parliament committee investigating the government's handling of harassment complaints against Mr Salmond, warned if the allegations are ruled to be true, it could mark the end of Nicola Sturgeon's reign as leader in Scotland.

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Its time for all those that support the union to make a difference, iirc the polling booth is still secret at POC
The majority of people in Scotland do support the union - or they did back in 2014 - but the organisations representing them are a shambles. No money, no coordination, no single coherent message and no strategy. Without someone bringing them all together to sing of the the same hymn sheet.

In contrast the SNP have all the money (public money), an organisation, a strategy, years of drip feeding lies and disinformation to everyone from the cradle, through a highly biased education system, to the grave, and a message that resonates with their target voters.

The majority of people in Scotland do support the union - or they did back in 2014 - but the organisations representing them are a shambles. No money, no coordination, no single coherent message and no strategy. Without someone bringing them all together to sing of the the same hymn sheet.

In contrast the SNP have all the money (public money), an organisation, a strategy, years of drip feeding lies and disinformation to everyone from the cradle, through a highly biased education system, to the grave, and a message that resonates with their target voters.
Some unfortunate truths

Latest Threads