Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Tyk

LE
It's new ( as in previous undisclosed ) evidence.

Such as a thumb drive with all the text messages and whatsapp conversations.

Documentary evidence that the SNP have refused to handover to the inquiry.

Documents relating to the Legal advice the SNP were given.

Documents relating to the Private Secretary.

He made numerous references to these in his testimony.

Either he is playing Poker - Or he, and his Legal team are sitting with a Royal Flush.

If I were Sturgeon - I would be folding resigning PDQ.

From the well thought out evidence Salmond gave I'm of the view that the documents he's been prevented from presenting are extremely damning, verifiable and reliable. After yesterday I can't believe he'd slip up on that front.
As said earlier I'm no Salmond fan, but he was a very credible witness and he clearly had faith the documentation he has that the Committee hasn't been allowed to see is relevant and accurate.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing to lose.

Release it and the LA is sacked and the Crown Office will be decimated.

What they wont be doing is charging people with breaching their gagging order.
Hell of a gamble to take...

I don't want her to go.....yet.
She is damaging her party every time she opens her gob at the moment. I want her to stay on until the elections where hopefully she will have caused enough damage for the SNP to lose a few seats.
The last thing we need now is a resurgent nationalist party!

in the very unlikely event she does step down or get forced out, the timing vs the election will be critical.

If she goes now -ish there is no obvious replacement as the whole of the Scottish sham parliament is peopled by quite frankly useless, inept and poor character politicians who couldn't cut it in a real parliament - the SNP being particularly poorly off due to the amount of nonces, swindlers and cretins they've already had to get rid off and Sturgeons insane leadership style which keeps any real contenders well and truly away from any f the rungs of power lest they inadvertently show up her own ineptitude .

However, with 3 months to go, they might still manage to scrape up one who is slightly less of a pe nis and the cult would have sufficient time to get over their shock loss of Queen Nicola and start to support him/her

Meanwhile, the opposition benches there equally bereft of talent or personality and it is doubtful any of them could take full advantage to generate public support to overturn the SNP majority. In actual fact, the only one I know of is wee Ruthie but to be fair I never ever watch anything in Holyrood or Scottish politicians in the media because I find it all very depressing and embarrassing that our nation seemingly cannot generate any talent!

Therefore, with the opposition extremely unlikely to generate any sort of wave of public support, a Scottish media who still covers for the SNP, the only hope left is that she goes 2-6 weeks before the election with the hope that the SNP dont find a replacement pe nis and the cult dont turn out - the only other hope is to tripple the gyro just before the election so that the cult are too bluttered on cheap cider and heroin to remember to vote :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Is this fresh new evidence or merely the redacted paragraphs from his previous submission?

The stuff published by the Spectator in January?
It is the redacted material but also include, IIRC, transcripts of texts/ whatsapps and sundry other bombshells.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
From the well thought out evidence Salmond gave I'm of the view that the documents he's been prevented from presenting are extremely damning, verifiable and reliable. After yesterday I can't believe he'd slip up on that front.
As said earlier I'm no Salmond fan, but he was a very credible witness and he clearly had faith the documentation he has that the Committee hasn't been allowed to see is relevant and accurate.
Yesterday's testimony wasn't the performance of a man flinging all the sh1t in his bucket to see what would stick. Salmond gives the impression of a man who knows exactly what he can prove, and an intention to prove it.

I detest the oily swine, and dread the thought of my daughter having to work for someone like him, but he's been acquitted of ALL the trumped up sexual assault charges levelled against him and it appears increasingly likely that there has been a Scottish Government conspiracy of some kind aimed at removing him from political life. He deserves to have this resolved.

Yesterday's testimony wasn't the performance of a man flinging all the sh1t in his bucket to see what would stick. Salmond gives the impression of a man who knows exactly what he can prove, and an intention to prove it.

I detest the oily swine, and dread the thought of my daughter having to work for someone like him, but he's been acquitted of ALL the trumped up sexual assault charges levelled against him and it appears increasingly likely that there has been a Scottish Government conspiracy of some kind aimed at removing him from political life. He deserves to have this resolved.
He's a politician, so of course he's guilty of something, possibly many things, but despite him being an oily, possible touchy feely type piece of shite, I do support his endeavours on this occasion.

Tyk

LE
I also got the impression that Salmond is keeping some of his powder dry in a secured magazine to only be deployed in an emergency.
I don't think he's gambling at all he's sure of his facts and what he can prove. He was also extremely careful when members of the committee asked him if he was accusing people of a conspiracy to say that it's for the committee and Scot Parliament to draw their own conclusions on the evidence. He did say that certain aspects were a clear breach of the Ministerial Code, but again it wasn't for him to judge how severe those breaches were.

Reminiscent of Francis Urquhart's famous

Friday's Guido Talks - The first ten minutes or so is relevant.

Guido Talks | Salmond and Sturgeon's Civil War, Union Unit's Closure, and Sadiq's Ousted Statue Guru

Last edited:
A perjury investigation is the key I am no expert but i doubt withholding and redaction of evidence would stand a simple straight forward criminal who is lying investigation.

4(T)

LE
in the very unlikely event she does step down or get forced out, the timing vs the election will be critical.

If she goes now -ish there is no obvious replacement as the whole of the Scottish sham parliament is peopled by quite frankly useless, inept and poor character politicians who couldn't cut it in a real parliament - the SNP being particularly poorly off due to the amount of nonces, swindlers and cretins they've already had to get rid off and Sturgeons insane leadership style which keeps any real contenders well and truly away from any f the rungs of power lest they inadvertently show up her own ineptitude .

However, with 3 months to go, they might still manage to scrape up one who is slightly less of a pe nis and the cult would have sufficient time to get over their shock loss of Queen Nicola and start to support him/her

Meanwhile, the opposition benches there equally bereft of talent or personality and it is doubtful any of them could take full advantage to generate public support to overturn the SNP majority. In actual fact, the only one I know of is wee Ruthie but to be fair I never ever watch anything in Holyrood or Scottish politicians in the media because I find it all very depressing and embarrassing that our nation seemingly cannot generate any talent!

Therefore, with the opposition extremely unlikely to generate any sort of wave of public support, a Scottish media who still covers for the SNP, the only hope left is that she goes 2-6 weeks before the election with the hope that the SNP dont find a replacement pe nis and the cult dont turn out - the only other hope is to tripple the gyro just before the election so that the cult are too bluttered on cheap cider and heroin to remember to vote :)

If the Crown Office and the Government are found to have both been involved in criminal behaviour, then there would be a valid case for Westminster to suspend both the elections and the parliament itself, replacing them with some sort of direct or administrative rule.

Its intolerable in a democracy that a self-governing region should have slipped so quickly into corruption typical of a single-party state. How many are now tainted by the nepotism of a too-small political pond? The SNP, the Crown Office, the media, the police, the SNHS, schools?

Having said that, I doubt that the British PM has anything like the spine necessary to deal with the shambolic poisoned chalice that was Devolution, and certainly not the storm to be expected from the racist element of the SNP and their MSM supporters.

If the Crown Office and the Government are found to have both been involved in criminal behaviour, then there would be a valid case for Westminster to suspend both the elections and the parliament itself, replacing them with some sort of direct or administrative rule.

Its intolerable in a democracy that a self-governing region should have slipped so quickly into corruption typical of a single-party state. How many are now tainted by the nepotism of a too-small political pond? The SNP, the Crown Office, the media, the police, the SNHS, schools?

Having said that, I doubt that the British PM has anything like the spine necessary to deal with the shambolic poisoned chalice that was Devolution, and certainly not the storm to be expected from the racist element of the SNP and their MSM supporters.
Good ol' Tony Blair - the longer we go on the more rotten his legacy becomes.

I hope for the sake of the UK, the shambles the devolved governments have become can be sorted one way or another.

HE117

LE
I have to say that this has been some time coming, and that the rest of the UK has not helped..

The way in which the Scottish Office were able to rebrand themselves as "The Scottish Government" should never have been allowed. This is the logical equivalent of allowing the Council Services in Manchester renaming themselves "The Manchester Government". Equally, the move to amalgamate the Scottish Police Forces should not have been within the remit of Holyrood. This was changing the whole Policing landscape of UK with no reference to the rest of the country.

There has been far to many instances of public bodies being allowed to go freestyle simply because they were in Scotland. This is the real worry, as the opportunities for malpractice simply multiply out of all proportion. Most of the agencies in Scotland were never designed or staffed to operate at the level of political independence they now have acquired, and in particular are far too easily affected by narrow interest groups such as trade unions and individuals whose egos far outstrip their abilities..

Our current Health Minister was a card carrying Communist and NUS leader having qualified in sociology and politics..!

This is going to be a hell of a job to get the legions of genies back in their respective bottles..

Last edited:
1614438094333.png

1614439148865.png

Sturgeon's establishment stitch-up | The Spectator

Tyk

LE
@HE117 all very fair points.

Getting the genies back in the bottles isn't possible with anything short of the nuclear option of reversing Devolution on a mid to long term basis. Unless there are major court cases that force Westminster's hand then I can't see them taking that particular tiger by the tail.

This old classic from Yes Minister paints part of the picture that's already been displayed in a gallery for over a decade.

I also got the impression that Salmond is keeping some of his powder dry in a secured magazine to only be deployed in an emergency.
I don't think he's gambling at all he's sure of his facts and what he can prove. He was also extremely careful when members of the committee asked him if he was accusing people of a conspiracy to say that it's for the committee and Scot Parliament to draw their own conclusions on the evidence. He did say that certain aspects were a clear breach of the Ministerial Code, but again it wasn't for him to judge how severe those breaches were.

Reminiscent of Francis Urquhart's famous

Americans should never be allowed to remake classic British TV shows. :)

As for Salmond: while I would dip my hands in bleach if forced to shake hands with the man, I do not for one moment underestimate his intelligence. Much like Boris, the path he walks is littered with the corpses of the political careers of those who looked at him and saw a greasy fat man with the morals of a used car salesman. Of course, he is a fat man with highly questionable morals, but that's not all he is.

When it comes to political gutter-fighting, Salmond has the killer instincts of a Barracuda. Wee Nicky has picked an opponent way out of her weight class.

I have to say that this has been some time coming, and that the rest of the UK has not helped..

The way in which the Scottish Office were allowed to rebrand themselves as "The Scottish Government" should never have been allowed. This is the logical equivalent of allowing the Council Services in Manchester renaming themselves "The Manchester Government". Equally, the move to amalgamate the Scottish Police Forces should not have been within the remit of Holyrood. This was changing the whole Policing landscape of UK with no reference to the rest of the country.

There has been far to many instances of public bodies being allowed to go freestyle simply because they were in Scotland. This is the real worry, as the opportunities for malpractice simply multiply out of all proportion. Most of the agencies in Scotland were never designed or staffed to operate at the level of political independence they now have acquired, and in particular are far too easily affected by narrow interest groups and individuals such as trade unions.

Our current Health Minister was a card carrying Communist and NUS leader having qualified in sociology and politics..!

This is going to be a hell of a job to get the legions of genies back in their respective bottles..

I am extremely confident that there will eventually come a moment where the damage the SNP has done to Scotland will be unveiled to the cult who continue to believe that money grows on trees. - and it will destroy the SNP for a generation

However, I am not as confident that it will occur before the financial catastrophe the SNP are taking us towards at breakneck speed happens first! - currently the SNP are spending every penny, and more ,whilst stashing a UK Govt Covid relief package election war chest to magically reveal even more freebies to their voter base whilst maintaining their anti English diatribe.

I really do shudder to think what would happen to us all if these numpties manage to get their Independence

Tyk

LE
Americans should never be allowed to remake classic British TV shows. :)
Indeed, Spacey is a talented actor, but that series was a travesty.
As for Salmond: while I would dip my hands in bleach if forced to shake hands with the man,
I'd also be counting my fingers, several time afterwards.
I do not for one moment underestimate his intelligence. Much like Boris, the path he walks is littered with the corpses of the political careers of those who looked at him and saw a greasy fat man with the morals of a used car salesman. Of course, he is a fat man with highly questionable morals, but that's not all he is.

When it comes to political gutter-fighting, Salmond has the killer instincts of a Barracuda. Wee Nicky has picked an opponent way out of her weight class.
Absolutely true he's a talented orator and in the case of his evidence he was calm, clinical and subtly vicious, taking him on the way they have was unwise to stretch the word way past the breaking point.
Much as I dislike the guy I hope he takes down ScotGov and I'll cheer him on if he does so.

Latest Threads