• Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I should have added that my strong advice would be for her to do nothing, say nothing. Batten down and weather the storm

chances of her or her inner circle doing that?

slim to nil
Far too late for that. To paraphrase Bomber Harris, she sowed the wind, now she reaps the whirlwind.

There is no way she could just ignore the pasting she got today.

I should have added that my strong advice would be for her to do nothing, say nothing. Batten down and weather thw storm

chances of her or her inner circle doing that?nil

slim to nil
Her ego won't let her take the blows and laugh at Eck.
She's programed to come out fighting and in the process she'll stick her foot in her mouth because she's used to being the equivalent of premier league playing LDV vans league opposition.
Let's face it if she was any good she'd be in Westmonster.
So, hilariously her ego will see her sink without trace in the tiny pool of Freeeeeeedom politics.

This is not totally unexpected and Alex Salmond has waited a long time to get his evidence in. Very damning of the Scottish Government, top Civil Service and First Minister.

I wonder if the appearance of Nicola Sturgeon next week will give us a scene similar to "A Few Good Men". :)
You can't handle the truth!

Tyk

LE
Having watched the whole shebang on Youtube some 6 hours less breaks I've changed my vote in the thread poll from Don't Know to Dooomed.

I'm no fan of Alex Salmond, but I'd call his evidence extremely damning, plus the repeated (properly so) statements he's not only been prevented from supplying evidence, but threatened by law that much he has can NOT be presented was even worse.

Some of the committee didn't cover themselves with any glory, Alex Cole-Hamilton made an utter spanner of himself early on and redeemed himself later. Maureen Watt came across as a totally partisan Sturgeon apparatchik, Alasdair Allan tried repeatedly to land blows that utterly failed to connect.
Andy Wightman, Jackie Baillie, Margaret Mitchel and Murdo Fraser asked some searching questions that revealed a deal of truth, I would suggest if it were only up to them Sturgeon would be very much on the chopping block.

From watching the whole thing it's clear to me that the SNP Government should fall (Westminster governments have fallen for less) and substantial parts of the Civil Service in Scotland, especially the Crown Office have been brought into complete disrepute by the fiasco heads should roll in substantial quantities. Sturgeon should be forced to resign for breaching the Ministerial Code and there should be serious consideration given to perjury charges. Not forgetting the abuse of power and misuse of public funds.

@Dafty duck made an Ali fight reference, I'd suggest something more medieval.
Salmond started out with a rapier, moved on through a range of maces and bigger swords and ended up with a massive battle axe, metaphorically that committee room was left drenched in blood and body parts.

Much as I dislike Salmond (I find him deeply noxious) he gave a masterful performance and from what I saw if I was a jury on a conspiracy trial with various bits of ScoGov in the dock I'd be voting to convict. He's a wronged man and millions in taxpayers cash have been spunked up the wall in a witch hunt.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Well, in terms of the papers South of the border, yesterday's appearance only made a couple of front pages.

Truxx

LE
She's programed to come out fighting and in the process she'll stick her foot in her mouth because she's used to being the equivalent of premier league playing LDV vans league opposition.
So, hilariously her ego will see her sink without trace in the tiny pool of Freeeeeeedom politics.
My point exactly.

At this stage she can only make things worse.

Truxx

LE

Well, in terms of the papers South of the border, yesterday's appearance only made a couple of front pages.
Top of the main evening news. It even made top billing on Ch4 news (including an excellent interview with ruthie, who was long and strong on the failure of the system).

Throw in a newsnight, a few opeds in the sundays, maybe an Andrew Marr and a few others, not to mention Sturgeon and her inner circle coming out swinging and the die of public opinion even south of the border is cast.

Last edited:
I cant wait to see all the blinking, eye rolling, head wobbling glory when she's questioned. She wont be able to help herself. She's got to the stage now where she thinks she's above everyone else and untouchable. I'm not a praying man, but I've started saying a few in the hope that we'll see her go down.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Top of the main evening news. It even made top billing on Ch4 news (including an excellent interview with ruthie, who was long and strong on the failure of the sytem).

Throw in a newsnight, a few opeds in the sundays, maybe an Andrew Marr and a few others, not to mention Sturgeon and her inner circle coming out swinging and the die of public opinion even south of the border is cast.

Unfortunately the vast majority of the electorate no longer read the papers nor partake of TV news but rely on social media for their news.

The only way she will go and the crock of shit will collapse is with a criminal investigation. Police Service Scotland and the Crown Prosecution Service won’t do it, so we will see classic public sector behaviour which is ‘oh well never mind, nothing to see here, move along’

I’d be amazed if the Scottish Government and the SNP will fall, and even if it did, who do you think will get elected to replace them?

the SNP

Latest Threads