Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 140 49.3%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 81 28.5%

• Total voters
Ask a Nat how they will fund the following post independance,

Benefits
EU contriutions/debt reductions to join
Share of UK debt
2%GDP NATO commitment
NHS
Education
Defence
DVLA/VOSA type agency
Tax office
Foreign office/embassies
civil aviation/air traffic control system
Customs/border services
Health and Safety agency and a host of other bodies that would need to set up

Point out to them oil less than $60 a barrell against the projected $120 they based 2014 on
Point out to them the whisky money is a false flag as well whisky is a luxuary item and what happens to luxury items in a worldwide ressession added into the alcohol drinking habits of the worlds fasted growing religion

All the time even by their own admissions a greater austerity than we have had before to meet these targets so either taxed to the hilt (30%) I've been told from a guy at work thats mate was at a function with Swinney and thats what Swinney said, When questioned why 30% " Well the scandie's pay that and don't complain" was the answer.

So add 30% plus reduced services will still have the NI contributions pay per use roads maximum council tax increases year on year etc ask them how much money are you prepared to lose to taxation and you'll get a response it's all unionist lies truth be told I'll bet if you ask how much it will cost and what depts they would need to set up they wouldn't have a clue and the response would be

"It's Westmonster's fault, Now whats the question?"

Last edited:
Ask a Nat how they will foudn the following post independance,

Benefits
Share of UK debt
2%GDP NATO commitment
NHS
Education
Defence
DVLA/VOSA type agency
Tax office
Foreign office/embassies
Customs/border services
Health and Safety agency And a host of other bodies that would need to set up

All the time even by their own admissions a greater austerity than we have had before to meet these targets so either taxed to the hilt (30%) I've been told from a guy at work that was at a function with Swinney and thats what Swinney said, When questioned why 30% " Well the scandie's pay that and don't complain" was the answer.

So add 30% plus reduced services will still have the NI contributions pay per use roads etc ask them and you'll get a response it's all unionist lies truth be told I'll bet if you ask how much it will cost and what depts they would need to set up they wouldn't have a clue and the response would be

You forgot pensions as well, I was watching the news the other day and they were on about how the pension pot would be split up. All I can say is that if Scotland ever gets independence - a lot of pensioners better get looking for work.

Ask a Nat how they will foudn the following post independance,

Benefits
Share of UK debt
2%GDP NATO commitment
NHS
Education
Defence
DVLA/VOSA type agency
Tax office
Foreign office/embassies
Customs/border services

All the time even by their own admissions a greater austerity than we have had before to meet these targets so either taxed to the hilt (30%) I've been told from a guy at work that was at a function with Swinney and thats what Swinney said, When questioned why 30% " Well the scandie's pay that and don't complain" was the answer.

So add 30% plus reduced services will still have the NI contributions pay per use roads etc ask them and you'll get a response it's all unionist lies truth be told I'll bet if you ask how much it will cost and what depts they would need to set up they wouldn't have a clue and the response would be

Maybe, some of them care more about independence than they do about the subsequent inconvenient detail.

A bit like sovereignty and Brexit now. Many are willing to see a financial crash in order to say they are sovereign.

I included pensions in the benefits as it comes from the same dept. Add into that the great unwashed that she wants to import into Govanhill to secure votes that will contribute net zero to the public purse and the local's get shafted further to pay for the pipe dream.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How different is devoution from Home Rule?
Genuine question

Scottish Office was set up in the 1880s in preparation for it. This was the devolution of the administration of legal, education and health mainly. This was lead by a political group The Scottish Home Rule Association. Which had a fair degree of members from the Unionist Party.

The Government of Scotland Bill had passed first and second reading in HoC before the War.

It would have seen a Scottish legislature dealing with Scotland.
Similar to devolution.

There was a similar situation for Ireland, they were on their 3rd attempt. 1st was defeated in HoC, 2nd got through HoC but defeated in HoL. 3rd was passed but not enacted due to WW1.

She has no legal ability to hold a referendum,

I dont think anyone can legally prevent a referendum, except possibly if it uses taxpayers money.

Ask a Nat how they will fund the following post independance,

Benefits
Share of UK debt
2%GDP NATO commitment
NHS
Education
Defence
DVLA/VOSA type agency
Tax office
Foreign office/embassies
Customs/border services

Point out to them oil less than $60 a barrell against the projected $120 they based 2014 on
Point out to them the whisky money is a false flag as well whisky is a luxuary item and what happens to luxury items in a worldwide ressession added into the alcohol drinking habits of the worlds fasted growing religion

So add 30% plus reduced services will still have the NI contributions pay per use roads maximum council tax increases year on year etc ask them how much money are you prepared to lose to taxation and you'll get a response it's all unionist lies truth be told I'll bet if you ask how much it will cost and what depts they would need to set up they wouldn't have a clue and the response would be

You forgot mortgages, there was something 3/4 months ago by IIIRC, Prof McDonald - Research Professor in Macroeconomics and International Finance in the Adam Smith Business School - where mortgages would jump between 20-30% higher in a iScotland

The National Party of Scotland was formed in the 1920s.
It merged with the Scottish Party in the early 1930s to form the SNP.

There's been political movement for this for a 100years.

Home Rule for Scotland was on the cards in early 20th century but WW1 interfered.
I agree with that, but the EU has been pushing regionalism for a long time.

It’s allowed people to push for ‘independent, but as part of the EU’ because somebody else will
Foot the bill.

Catalonia’s political scene has been going for even longer than the SNP.

You’ll find that the SNP split when some some of its members backed independence to home rule.

One of the problems with home rule though is that it’s great for one group of people to ask for it, but other groups of people who need to financially back it in order to make it work.

We’ve had devolution, the SNP have failed on that front in quite a few ways and continually fail to use the ever expanding powers given up to them for the benefit of the Scottish electorate. They asked for a referendum and got it, made fanciful claims that were found wanting then and a few years later were most definitely found to be nowhere near economically sensible or based in reality.

7 years later, they’re now using an issue that most people don’t give a sh*t about in order to do a re-run of a once in a generation referendum that they lost 7 years ago in order to free us because our voice isn’t heard by being part of a country of 65 million and is better served by being part of a federal superstate of 445 million people who not only ignore a referendum result of a region of with a population 20% larger than ours but can’t even put an order in for vaccination jabs in on time as it’s run by an unelected bureaucracy?

What’s the plan this time? Advocate another oil based economy ignoring the fact that we have only one viable petroleum refinery plant, a financial sector dependent on financial backing from a central government that we have any control over by having to adopt a currency the population don’t want.

How do you think Nikki’s dreams going to go down?

Do you think Spain, with its shagged economy is going to support an action that would lead to the loss of its largest earning region? Will Germany be happy having an overly hostile Singapore on Thames on its doorstep?

France might be happy, but the French population seem to be having more problems to deal with than trying to enact a 700 year old treaty which used Scotland as a useful idiot.

Maybe, some of them care more about independence than they do about the subsequent inconvenient detail.

A bit like sovereignty and Brexit now. Many are willing to see a financial crash in order to say they are sovereign.

I can actually accept that. I was fully aware of the potential pitfalls of voting Leave and made a measured decision to do so inspite of those risks.

I can actually accept that. I was fully aware of the potential pitfalls of voting Leave and made a measured decision to do so inspite of those risks.

I’m glad that you are that honest. A few others are, many will insist that things are better now.

What financial crash?

So far all I’ve seen is confirmed investment in the long term by some large business, some petty behaviour by some French border officials, a global pandemic meaning journalists are left to reporting what they’re reading on Twitter, and some canny fisherman demanding financial compensation because they’ve seen the market value of their product drop by 20% because they’re market isn’t buying because they’re on lockdown.

NSP

LE
No, no not according to a comment in The National this morning

View attachment 542180 :omfg: :rofl:
Billy is a bit of a tit.

Especially as most of our transport fuel comes from light crude richer in the lighter fractions, unlike North Sea crude which, being more of a medium crude, tends more towards mostly being the heavier stuff - lubricating oils, heating oil, a bit of diesel and the like.

Sure, there's petrol and kerosene in it - just not that much when compared to light crude such as West Texas Intermediate (which is also low sulphur) and the PG stuff.

These days we import more crude than we produce domestically.

As was I, Ask Sturgeon what happened to the large Volvo plant about a couple of miles from her childhood home and how the local population from the area benefited from it moving lock stock and barrel to Poland and IIRC with EU funds.

Last edited:

Latest Threads