Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
I think it took an hour or so for AS to get into stride ... but he certainly did ... then he started to " play " the Committee with style ... including regularly emphasising their right to see information still denied to them and how he and his Legal Team would be more than welcome to help supply ....very composed ... his performance will be difficult to follow and beat .

Last edited:
Presumably this bit:

The Parliament may require any person—

(a)to attend its proceedings for the purpose of giving evidence, or

(b)to produce documents in his custody or under his control,

concerning any subject for which any member of the [F1Scottish Government] has general responsibility.

ETA: last sentence missed off
Much appreciated - just watched the final statement back on the BBC Parliament channel.

Just to repeat what he said - The information you have requested and has been withheld by the Government is available with my solicitors - all you have to do is ask for it using the same powers (as above) and you'll have it all by Monday morning.

No doubt with the little 3M sticky page indicators already at the pertinent bits - lol.

Watching this Committee this afternoon makes me wonder if Sturgeon is sitting at home, updating her CV.

I do hope so.
You were saying, the cult monitors closely.
977ffe72a10ca59a7e421c2dabe29707.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Much appreciated - just watched the final statement back on the BBC Parliament channel.

Just to repeat what he said - The information you have requested and has been withheld by the Government is available with my solicitors - all you have to do is ask for it using the same powers (as above) and you'll have it all by Monday morning.

No doubt with the little 3M sticky page indicators already at the pertinent bits - lol.
And questions to put to Nicoliar!!

Daz

LE
You were saying, the cult monitors closely.
977ffe72a10ca59a7e421c2dabe29707.jpg

Nice picture of the accused

And I don't mean Alex Salmond ;)

Presumably this bit:

The Parliament may require any person—

(a)to attend its proceedings for the purpose of giving evidence, or

(b)to produce documents in his custody or under his control,

concerning any subject for which any member of the [F1Scottish Government] has general responsibility.

ETA: last sentence missed off
If COPFS can’t stop this he has kept his powder dry as a safety net and has just produced the knock out punch for causing severe damage if not evidence for the resignation for Sturgeon.

I think it took an hour or so for AS to get into stride ... but he certainly did ... then he started to " play " the Committee with style ... regularly emphasising their right to see information still denied to them and how he and his Legal Team would be more than welcome to help ....very composed ... his performance will be a difficult to follow and beat .
Nippy (PBUH) will have twitchy hoop after today.

So following a stellar performance from Eck, MSM are suddenly (and at long last) VERY interested in this whole debacle. Where does this now leave Gengis and the rest of her faction of the cult?

Not looking good for her....

So following a stellar performance from Eck, MSM are suddenly (and at long last) VERY interested in this whole debacle. Where does this now leave Gengis and the rest of her faction of the cult?

Hopefully

What Salmond's opening statement says to me is the Scottish Parliament is not fit for purpose and the system of Scottish government and its supporting agencies is corrupt and should be scrapped. If Salmond gets a result here, this should be the end of devolution IMHO. If a word of what he has said is proved to be correct, it is rotten to the core and no better than a banana republic.

Its my taxes these people are being allowed to piss down the toilet FFS
Disagree bc although I'm not in any shape or form a supporter of devolution, the problem here is not the process of devolved government but more accurately the mismanagement of it by a select few and the illegality of what they did and attempted to do.

A brief thread by BH covers the integrity of crown office independence.

If proven & once all avenues have been exhausted will Westminster intervene?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've been watching it on a link on a previous page, but Alex Cole-Hamilton really seems to be going out of his way to appear like a complete incompetent.
TBF he is Lib Dem.

DSJ

LE

She's got a busy week ahead (as does her husband) to get their ducks in a row if they are to not look like exceedingly damaged goods in the future/keep their careers going.

Salmond has offered up every piece of documentary evidence asked for by the committee. A very polished performance.

Sleepless nights for Nippy & co. A few other SNP higher-ups might well be wondering when they should start seeking legal advice too.

Latest Threads