Votes: 156 48.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 31 9.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 45 13.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 92 28.4%

• Total voters
Link to live stream (suspended for 20 minutes or so) but you can play from the start.

1614351095616.png

Last edited:
Right, it's not called 'lunch' up there, it's called 'suspending the sitting for coronavirus sanitation.' Are they reconvening today?

He's surprised me too, his old arrogance and general bolshyness appears to have disappeared and he presents very well.

He'll be all too aware that coming across as anything other than calm, measured and reasoned will go badly.

The best thing the Scottish government side can hope for at this stage is getting him rattled. So far, they've been having a bit of a go by trying to make this enquiry about him and his past behaviour. They've had a go, but they've not been allowed to get away with it up until now.

The best thing the Scottish government side can hope for at this stage is getting him rattled. So far, they've been having a bit of a go by trying to make this enquiry about him and his past behaviour
They've had a go, but they've not been allowed to get away with it up until now.

To me the Convenor has done a fair job so far .... I see she is not standing for re-election in the 2021 Election .

Last edited:
I'm no Salmond fan, but that opening statement? Fantastic!
Regretfully I must completely agree.
Whatever my opinions are of his politics, personal persona, & alleged historic ;) behaviour, he is by far massively more competent as a case presenter than FM-NS, not to ignore planning & prep.
No flappy handies, no petulant splutterings, zero hesitation unless for effect.
Which makes him dangerous...very.... in a few quarters.

Edit:
Kinda begs a hypothetical of how effective NS would be in Court if she had to revert to "soliciting"

Last edited:
Would I be right in thinking that rather than just answering put questions, Salmond is being allowed a platform to significantly expand his positions by the Convener?

I usually find these things dull grandstanding by individuals. Obviously there is a bit of that, especially those trying to focus on the previous personal allegations against AS, but the rest of it is really interesting.

BBC threatened with legal action is now censoring Salmond statements. This has been reported. Is it true? If so, wowsers.
I did wonder why there's a delayed feed - safety valve against the truth perhaps?