Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

An interesting analysis of how the current issue has arisen
"Interesting" is one way of putting it. "One sided" is another, more apposite description. I think it's safe to say that the author Glenn Campbell, the BBC Scotland Political Editor, is firmly in the Wee Nippy camp. The article is sympathetic to Sturgeon alone, describing her as nearly in tears when the story originally broke, and taking her side of the narrative throughout:

One of those who testified against him in court has since told the BBC that it is "utterly absurd" to suggest nine women would perjure themselves as part of a political plot. Their evidence did not persuade a jury to convict and on 23 March last year - hours before the UK went into coronavirus lockdown - he was acquitted of the 13 sexual assault charges he faced.

The underlying message above appears to hint that the Jury got it wrong, and "innocent until proven guilty" be damned.

Strangely, there is no mention of the allegations that the Crown Office are colluding with the SNP in the control of information. As these are central to the current crisis it is a surprising omission from an article giving an overview which includes the Sky News allegations, the Scottish government's change of parameters and resulting investigation, the court case against them which Salmond won, the Police investigation and court case in which Salmond was acquitted, and the following Inquiry.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Interesting" is one way of putting it. "One sided" is another, more apposite description. I think it's safe to say that the author Glenn Campbell, the BBC Scotland Political Editor, is firmly in the Wee Nippy camp. The article is sympathetic to Sturgeon alone, describing her as nearly in tears when the story originally broke, and taking her side of the narrative throughout:

One of those who testified against him in court has since told the BBC that it is "utterly absurd" to suggest nine women would perjure themselves as part of a political plot. Their evidence did not persuade a jury to convict and on 23 March last year - hours before the UK went into coronavirus lockdown - he was acquitted of the 13 sexual assault charges he faced.

The underlying message above appears to hint that the Jury got it wrong, and "innocent until proven guilty" be damned.

Strangely, there is no mention of the allegations that the Crown Office are colluding with the SNP in the control of information. As these are central to the current crisis it is a surprising omission from an article giving an overview which includes the Sky News allegations, the Scottish government's change of parameters and resulting investigation, the court case against them which Salmond won, the Police investigation and court case in which Salmond was acquitted, and the following Inquiry.

It is a piece on the changing relationship between the 2 main protagonists not on the overall issue.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It is a piece on the changing relationship between the 2 main protagonists not on the overall issue.
As stated above: "which includes the Sky News allegations, the Scottish government's change of parameters and resulting investigation, the court case against them which Salmond won, the Police investigation and court case in which Salmond was acquitted, and the following Inquiry."

But not the current brouhaha about the Crown Office playing the Okey Kokey with inconvenient evidence (you put the testimony IN, you take the testimony OUT etc). Considering it is one of the major issues damaging the case against Salmond and making a conspiracy seem more likely, I wonder why that is?

I would like to clarify, I am not particularly convinced by Salmond, but even less so by the actions of Sturgeon's establishment.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What's that?

The BBC completely missing the point?

Say it isn't so......

Unless you want to see why 2 close friends and allies end up at each other's throats

Reading through this thread I get the feeling she is not very well liked :-D
You might just be right....

download (2).jpeg

I watched Staines tell Judge Levinson during the phones enquiry that he didn't care what injunctions were put in place as a. He was Irish, as you say & b. If an injunction was put in place in one country he would move the article to servers in another & there was nothing that he or any other UK judge could do about it.

Injunctions, used by rich stupid people to hide things from the public, that then end up being more in the public domain than if they hadn't.

Also used by that massive tosser Andrew Marr. The seeker of the free (left) truth and slayer of the obfuscating politician®, had one to stifle that he was shagging someone else, then fessed up and had it lifted when he realized it was going to make him look a massive hypocrite.

®- In Andrew Marr's own dreams

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Injunctions, used by rich stupid people to hide things from the public, that then end up being more in the public domain than if they hadn't.

Also used by that massive tosser Andrew Marr. The seeker of the free (left) truth and slayer of the obfuscating politician®, had one to stifle that he was shagging someone else, then fessed up and had it lifted when he realized it was going to make him look a massive hypocrite.

®- In Andrew Marr's own dreams

The Streisand effect.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Big Nose and an awful singing voice . . ?
I can't say I've ever heard him sing, although his nose does appear to grow when he's moralising on his TV show

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
For those who want to see it.
Salmond being questioned by the Holyrood Committee on the Scottish Government Handling of Harassment Complaints is on today at 12.30 - scottishparliament.tv

For those who want to see it.
Salmond being questioned by the Holyrood Committee on the Scottish Government Handling of Harassment Complaints is on today at 12.30 - scottishparliament.tv

Anything shining a spotlight onto the activities of the Snazis is always going to be a good thing.

Huba, Huba!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
S
mate, the hatred I and most of my family , neighbours and friends feels for her is overwhelming! She truly is Marmite in Scotland, there is nothing in-between , you are either with her or 100% against her
Only 100%? ;)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anything shining a spotlight onto the activities of the Snazis is always going to be a good thing.

Huba, Huba!
What will be interesting is the evidence Sslmond is allowed to lead and what questions the Chair (SNP) allows committee members to ask.

Latest Threads