• Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
AN definitely has a hard on for wee Jimmy & not in a sexual way. He has been banging the drum via twitter & his mag the spectator for a while now.

I suspect his new news channel will be no friend to her or the SNP, which will be a refreshing change.
And to be fair to him, he's equally robust whatever the political colour - if they're talking rubbish, he calls them on it and takes no prisoners.

And to be fair to him, he's equally robust whatever the political colour - if they're talking rubbish, he calls them on it and takes no prisoners.
Thats why he is about the only journo I take notice of.

Tyk

LE

Which is a pretty good definition of a real journalist. The vast majority appear to have forgotten (or more likely never learned) and are content to just trot out the on narrative, approved line.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
@Fang_Farrier , as the token sane Nat (stand fast 2x30 ), what is your take on Sturgeon's involvement in this scandal?

A banana republic normally has a strongman in charge with a suitable nickname. Might I suggest Wee Nipoleon for the People's Democratic Republic of Methadonia?
Genghis Kranki?

Dredd

LE
'The Scottish Verdict.' A throw back to the verdicts that were given long ago, in Scotland. Back then the verdicts were either proven, or not proven, ie not proven equated to the modern not guilty. For whateffer reason when things were modernised, the not proven verdict remained as a choice. Many think, as you've said, not proven means they just couldn't prove you guilty. On the other side of the same coin, you are innocent.
As has been pointed out, 15 jurors up by. Majority verdict counts, 8/7 whateffer way it's called. Not sure when a swinging case was concerned, but I'm sure someone will come along to enlighten us.

Interestingly, there were moves recently to get rid of the Not Proven verdict, and simply have "Aye ye did it ye wee sod" or "Cannae prove it so aff ye go". The point made was that the effect of Not Proven was the same as Not Guilty - you may be innocent, but it could just be that the prosecution simply did not have enough evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Either way, you walk free from court.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is brilliant

Then he should be getting booted at 0900

The Person who produced, and sent the letter to Parliament should be getting booted at 1000.

Anyone else involved in the production of said letter should be getting booted at 1100.

It is absolutely inconceivable that the LA was '' out the loop '' in a matter that could bring down not just Sturgeon but the whole Scottish Government.
No, it's quite conceivable that the LA was kept out of the loop in the manner of:
LA: You know what needs to be fine?
Lackey: Yes Sir
LA: Well get out there and get it done toot-sweet - just make sure I am not noted in the decision process, but send me a copy of the letter after you have sent it. Got that?
Lackey: Yessir!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Genghis Kranki?
Mao tseSturgeon
or
Pol P Sturgeon

but as she sees herself as a typical Weegie hardman would probably prefer:

Nicola Stalin.

No, it's quite conceivable that the LA was kept out of the loop in the manner of:
LA: You know what needs to be fine?
Lackey: Yes Sir
LA: Well get out there and get it done toot-sweet - just make sure I am not noted in the decision process, but send me a copy of the letter after you have sent it. Got that?
Lackey: Yessir!

Then we have differing meanings of '' Kept out of the loop ''

Although your hypothesis is probably correct.

If someone is directing the decision making process - He cannot claim to be '' Out of the loop ''

Interestingly, there were moves recently to get rid of the Not Proven verdict, and simply have "Aye ye did it ye wee sod" or "Cannae prove it so aff ye go". The point made was that the effect of Not Proven was the same as Not Guilty - you may be innocent, but it could just be that the prosecution simply did not have enough evidence to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Either way, you walk free from court.
I did hear about that, as I do try to keep up with things north of the Wall. No idea why it stayed on after the verdicts changed to guilty/not guilty. It gives an easy opt out in difficult cases, so should be chucked out and a decision made one way or the other.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Then we have differing meanings of '' Kept out of the loop ''

Although your hypothesis is probably correct.

If someone is directing the decision making process - He cannot claim to be '' Out of the loop ''
Yes he/she can claim that, proving otherwise is the issue.

Actually, if on such an vital matter the senior bod says he was out of the loop, then time he really was out of the loop and replaced by someone willing and able to do the job.

Now let's look at the post's recruitment procedure:
Appointed by First Minister!

Yes he/she can claim that, proving otherwise is the issue.

Actually, if on such an vital matter the senior bod says he was out of the loop, then time he really was out of the loop and replaced by someone willing and able to do the job.

Now let's look at the post's recruitment procedure:
Appointed by First Minister!

I'll refer the Honourable Gentleman to my post at 2,415

My bets are on Salmond being silence in a timely manner... bugger, I mean committing suicide in a most fortunately timed .... bugger, I mean a most unfortunately timed accident.

Most likely being found dead from stranglewank in a cupboard or zipped up hold-all.
Stranglewank :) not heard that before , I`ll have to try it , using the phrase that is.