Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 140 49.3%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 81 28.5%

• Total voters

Tyk

LE
Alex Salmond will not give evidence on Wednesday to the inquiry into how the Scottish government handled complaints against him.

Breaking story on BBC website...

Not surprised, if he's prevented from presenting the evidence it's his only option.
If he attended but didn't put the evidence it's basically swept under the carpet.

Corruption is the order of the day in ScotGov.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It’ll be a sad day for all of us if fatty ever gets control of anything.
Can he be an MP and an MSP? Can he be FM if he isn't an MSP?

John Swinney

Nope
John Swinney has no chance.... he’s needed to be thrown under the bus regarding the review into edumication, they need a clean skull, like..... like

675327BD-A767-47DA-BDCF-732A6102120C.jpeg

Experience matters not, and she speaks Gaelic which is handy for......... well other than translating road signs for the other 98% of the population - nothing.

Alex Salmond will not give evidence on Wednesday to the inquiry into how the Scottish government handled complaints against him.

Breaking story on BBC website...

That’s the firework show over, now we’re in the dark, surrounded by litter and the smell of damp squibs - time to go home

Or maybe just avoid the political chat completely. And I was doing so well before today haha
Nothing wrong with political chat, so long as it doesn't turn into a personal bitch fest.

The other thing to avoid when someone writes something you disagree with is to immediately justify or excuse it because of the actions of an unrelated third party.

Not a personal dig at you btw.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The gullibility and inexperience of youth, and thus easy votes.

She probably sent him a Braveheart DVD as well, just to get him on track...
That’s standard for MPs and MSPs in their constituencies. When my Grandmother turned 105 she got a card from IDS as well as from the Queen. She was quite pleased because she thought it was from Hague, who she likes. He’s the MP covering Catterick where we lived at the time. I mentioned it to him and he sent her a card for her 106th. It was one of his cards for 18 year olds - he crossed out the 18 by hand and wrote in 106. Grandmother was pleased. Not all politicians are twats all of the time.

oldbaldy

LE
That’s standard for MPs and MSPs in their constituencies. When my Grandmother turned 105 she got a card from IDS as well as from the Queen. She was quite pleased because she thought it was from Hague, who she likes. He’s the MP covering Catterick where we lived at the time. I mentioned it to him and he sent her a card for her 106th. It was one of his cards for 18 year olds - he crossed out the 18 by hand and wrote in 106. Grandmother was pleased. Not all politicians are twats all of the time.
Off thread but here he is with my late mother enjoying a joke.

Attachments

• Hague & Mum.jpg
    Hague & Mum.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 56
Gets more & more bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The replies are pretty interesting. Lots of calls for the opposition parties to walk out of parliament. On the contrary, they should all be in parliament, holding this corrupt shambles to account. It is almost unbelievable that this is happening in a so called democracy.
I can only hope that the the SNP take a hit in the May elections. Even if they still get the most seats, I hope to goodness they can't form a government without help (and I don't mean a couple of Greens either!)

The replies are pretty interesting. Lots of calls for the opposition parties to walk out of parliament. On the contrary, they should all be in parliament, holding this corrupt shambles to account. It is almost unbelievable that this is happening in a so called democracy.
I can only hope that the the SNP take a hit in the May elections. Even if they still get the most seats, I hope to goodness they can't form a government without help (and I don't mean a couple of Greens either!)

I respectfully disagree mate - the opposition needs to do something significant enough to cause a newsworthy story to draw attention from the public and media and for them to put pressure on the SNP, just turning up to work as per normal is clearly not cutting the mustard. A full boycott or the setting up of an alternative parliament or some other 'spectacular' is needed - wee ruthie turning up on a challenger tank shouting 'come on ya bass!' would be particularly exciting :)

Gina Miller. We never realised that she was paving the way to a proper Brexit. Without her we’d still have Mrs May and her non-Brexit.

I imagine the phrase unintended consequences must make her puke.
Iirc the beauty of that was, after 'winning' she warned the remain side it could be used against them! They ignored/didn't believe her. What a pity.

Latest Threads