Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 138 49.5%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 26 9.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 79 28.3%

• Total voters

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The only option for AS is a public media conference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To say what?

That's it been published twice now, January in the Spectator and now by the Scottish Government, (then retracted, redacted and republished)

HCL

LE
All I can say is never play poker against Wee Eck. He's stacked the deck beautifully, a true mechanic. Can't wait to see what he's got tucked up his sleeves.
This better than an episode of Maverick meets Dallas. (look it up children) I tip my hat to the man :judge:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Where is the Scottish Gina Miller who is prepared to go to Court to get this resolved? It can't keep dragging on surely?
Gina Miller. We never realised that she was paving the way to a proper Brexit. Without her we’d still have Mrs May and her non-Brexit.

I imagine the phrase unintended consequences must make her puke.

Gen question.
If - and it looks like a big (fiddled) if - Sturgeon is compelled to resign, who is in the wings to take over as Boss Jock?
The Fat Controller, fatty Blackford presumably (well in his dreams anyway)

DITA

MIA
An each time you've posted has been to deflect.

Deflection certainly wasn’t what I was going for. Merely highlighting the perceived (intended or otherwise) hypocrisy in what I read.

FWIW, I don’t support Sturgeon. I voted no in the Indy ref. I also don’t support the tories. And I’m finding it hard to support Labour too right now.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It’ll be a sad day for all of us if fatty ever gets control of anything.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gen question.
If - and it looks like a big (fiddled) if - Sturgeon is compelled to resign, who is in the wings to take over as Boss Jock?

It will become a bun fight most likely between Swinney and Cherry from opposing factions.

Deflection certainly wasn’t what I was going for. Merely highlighting the perceived (intended or otherwise) hypocrisy in what I read.

FWIW, I don’t support Sturgeon. I voted no in the Indy ref. I also don’t support the tories. And I’m finding it hard to support Labour too right now.
Thats the problem - there are no proper "statemen" in Scotland - (and hardly any in westminster) so not much to choose from - but the lying, conniving, scheming bunch that populate the higher ranks of the SNP really are beyond a joke

You need to adjust your sight settings mate.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

The difficulty there is that the SNP needs its leader in Holyrood, SC&U already paying price for their leader being an MP.

SNP also rewrote their rules after Salmond to prevent anyone being a MP and MSP simultaneously

DITA

MIA
You need to adjust your sight settings mate.

Or maybe just avoid the political chat completely. And I was doing so well before today haha

DITA

MIA
Thats the problem - there are no proper "statemen" in Scotland - (and hardly any in westminster) so not much to choose from - but the lying, conniving, scheming bunch that populate the higher ranks of the SNP really are beyond a joke

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Doesn't really matter what any of them say:

Attachments

• politicians and horses.jpg
    politicians and horses.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 62
Alex Salmond will not give evidence on Wednesday to the inquiry into how the Scottish government handled complaints against him.

Breaking story on BBC website...

What they don't say is that he has been put in the position whereby he would be unable to provide any evidence because the court has just shut that avenue down. His lawyers are awaiting answers from the committee. I wouldn't expect much useful info on the BBC.
1614108205025.png