Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 35 14.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 72 29.6%

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There have been threads for Jezza and Bozo so now it is time for a thread dedicated to the length of service left for Nicky. Over the past few days the media have, finally, started to highlight her faults, omissions, and calumnies, so how long do you think Nicola Sturgeon (Peace Be Unto Her) will last in politics?

Also, this will give a bash Nicky thread leaving the Scottish Politics thread in the CA Forum to the general matters of ScotPol.

Just as a flavour of what has been happening lately

Even the BBC has started to query the veracity of tghe FM

Not 100% about NS but the letter is definitely aimed at the FM through her Finance Minister

Rats - ships etc

The Committee looking in to the shenanighans surrounding the prosecution of Alex almond are getting twitchy

Some good news for her

There is more but finally

Nicky.png

She does seem to be the teflon Krankie, so no idea how many scandals it will take to prise her loose

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She does seem to be the teflon Krankie, so no idea how many scandals it will take to prise her loose
The Teflon is becoming somewhat scratched at the moment.

Union Jack

Old-Salt
Some curious logic at work if the following extract from Auld-Yin's first reference is actually taken seriously at Holyrood:

'Scots seem to approve of the way she is trying to deal with the health emergency - and some believe voters would forgive a breach of the rules in the midst of a crisis.

It's a view I've heard from Ms Sturgeon's critics as much as her allies; that these are not normal times and the normal rules of politics don't apply.

Mr Salmond's supporters are reluctant to speak on the record.

I'm told that some elected parliamentarians are afraid of the backlash they would get if they did.
But one source said: "I think in normal times she would be a goner. But I don't think she is a goner because people are rightly focused on the pandemic and her handling of the pandemic has been great."

Jack

There are 4 things ongoing that should see her demise - I wonder what option she will take. Go quietly or suffer the humiliation of being forcibly removed.

1. The ruling due this month on whether the SG has the authority to hold an Independence Referendum against the wishes of the UK Government - If she loses, she should resign. Her legal advice was not up to scratch and she accepted it.

2. The ongoing Salmond debacle - I wouldn't trust Salmond as far as I could throw him. However, I believe in this matter he has got the SNP by the balls. No way back for Sturgeon.

3. If the allegations made by Fiona Taylor, the deputy chief constable of Police Scotland are true - Not only is it curtains for Sturgeon, she should be hounded for the £500,000 of taxpayers money that was sent in the direction of Salmond.

4. The Painters and Decorators into Bute House last week - Ohhhh dear, what a mistake.

So to answer your question

so how long do you think Nicola Sturgeon (Peace Be Unto Her) will last in politics?

That will depend entirely on the size of her brass neck / someone having the balls to call for her to go.

Either way - The writing is already on the wall.

I voted "Dont Know", because as much as I detest the woman, she'll have her back up plans ready She is without a doubt, coated in Teflon, but she'll throw everything and everyone under the bus before she goes down. She has no loyalty to anyone, not even her pretendy trophy "husband". Once Swinney is thrown under the bus, then I'll believe she's close to being next.
The day she goes, I hope she's dragged out kicking and screaming, and I will be celebrating!

I voted "Don't know" as well.
I think she is lying through her teeth over her alleged inability to recall Soapy having "That Meeting" at her own home, where doubtless her partner would have been present, when the alleged agenda was fuelled by files to do with all the (then) allegations soon to be the subject of trials.
Not forgetting she is actually a solicitor. Seems reasonable Soapy would put her position and her legal brain in one basket for some free advice.
Might have missed the chance to front up and show which of them was the more "honourable"...or less of a snake.
But then, we all know the worn-smooth cliche about politicians.
"How do you know when one of them is lying?"
"When they open their gob"

She is slippier than a slippy thing from slippsville.

As others have said she will go down fighting and throw anyone and everyone - including her so-called "husband" - under the bus before she steps down.

I voted "Don't know" as well.
I think she is lying through her teeth over her alleged inability to recall Soapy having "That Meeting" at her own home, where doubtless her partner would have been present, when the alleged agenda was fuelled by files to do with all the (then) allegations soon to be the subject of trials.
Not forgetting she is actually a solicitor. Seems reasonable Soapy would put her position and her legal brain in one basket for some free advice.
Might have missed the chance to front up and show which of them was the more "honourable"...or less of a snake.
But then, we all know the worn-smooth cliche about politicians.
"How do you know when one of them is lying?"
"When they open their gob"

Swinney was no doubt present but not involved

Its because there isnt any other competition that really wants independence apart from hers, therefore she could fling her shit at primary school children and she would still be supported by those that want to leave the union.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Interesting. One thing about Brillo, he never ever opens his mouth without knowing exactly what he's talking about and being able to back up what he says. If I was a pol I'd be very careful of tangling with him.

Its because there isnt any other competition that really wants independence apart from hers, therefore she could fling her shit at primary school children and she would still be supported by those that want to leave the union.

In Scotland, not quite so true.

Yes, in the case of the Independence nutters.

No, in the case of others, for reasons known only to themselves, would never vote Tory or Labour and are left with the SNP

There is also another class of voters, who would vote SNP and vote for Independence if the rhetoric of immediately joining the EU* was dropped.

* Ignoring the facts surrounding Scotland and actual EU membership.

As others have said she will go down fighting and throw anyone and everyone - including her so-called "husband" - under the bus before she steps down.
The problem with having a party that is ruled by one person, who is "infallible" to the masses and beyond criticism is, when that infallibility is seen for what it is, there can be only one person to blame.
The bubble has burst and as soon as one person sticks their head above the parapet without it getting shot off, the rest will follow. All those years of having to keep your mouth shut, too afraid of the consequenses of having a differing viewpoint are about to come to a head. She will fall and it will be messy......

......and it will be a joy to behold.

I diverse a little, but this is arrse. From way down South but with daughter and her sprogs in Scotland. Has Sir Kneel a Lot given up on Scotland and chucked the towel in for May elections already? The departure of yet another Labour head honcho in Jockland is an indication of this?

I am a "Don't care", not my circus not my clown.
Just here for the giggles.

I diverse a little, but this is arrse. From way down South but with daughter and her sprogs in Scotland. Has Sir Kneel a Lot given up on Scotland and chucked the towel in for May elections already? The departure of yet another Labour head honcho in Jockland is an indication of this?
No one up here knew who he was anyway :grin:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

The one thing that keeps her at the helm is the belief/knowledge that ditching her will be a huge blow to both Party and Indy votes.

The problem with having a party that is ruled by one person, who is "infallible" to the masses and beyond criticism is, when that infallibility is seen for what it is, there can be only one person to blame.
The bubble has burst and as soon as one person sticks their head above the parapet without it getting shot off, the rest will follow. All those years of having to keep your mouth shut, too afraid of the consequenses of having a differing viewpoint are about to come to a head. She will fall and it will be messy......

......and it will be a joy to behold.

I reckon she will divert attention away from herself by blaming England London/Westminster/Tories for something and a sizeable amount of jocks will lap it up.

ches

LE
I reckon she will divert attention away from herself by blaming England London/Westminster/Tories for something and a sizeable amount of jocks will lap it up.

AInt that the truth. The level of anti England/UK vitriol from your average BNP knuckle dragger is one of the key thing putting off many 'middle Scotland' potential voters. Sturgeon does herself or her party by her occasional descent into similar territory.

Latest Threads