Nicky Moffat speaks out about sexual harassment.

Thread title changed. This is the Int cell not the NAAFI.
St Nicky Moffat of Lesbos has popped her ugly mug up above the parapet! She's been out for three years now, so what makes her think that the nation needs the benefit of her wisdom. My guess is she's angling for a slot with a charity or other similar protest group..........

If my iPad was behaving itself, I'd have attached a link to the BBC news thing.

That's the fellow! Thanks.

In light of the Sgt Mee incident, exactly what is your objection to her commenting on this? Do you disagree with her? Do you think people who have been sexually harrassed should just shut up and take it?

St Nicky Moffat of Lesbos has popped her ugly mug up above the parapet! She's been out for three years now, so what makes her think that the nation needs the benefit of her wisdom. My guess is she's angling for a slot with a charity or other similar protest group..........

If my iPad was behaving itself, I'd have attached a link to the BBC news thing.
What makes you think ARRSE needs the benefit of your wisdom?

Wets.

In light of the Sgt Mee incident, exactly what is your objection to her commenting on this? Do you disagree with her? Do you think people who have been sexually harrassed should just shut up and take it?
Perhaps it's the fact no one would sexually harras a pug ugly dyke, so her comments are not valid?

Or to re-phrase it - SO (Brigadier) comments on a matter of leadership - read what she said....

Personally I dont think theres enough information to go on.

What constitutes a report of sexual harrassment?
How many allegations are found to be without substance?
How many instances are reported by one individual?
How many men reported sexual harassment?
Of the 75 rapes reported - how many were successfully prosecuted? how many were thrown out? how many lacked evidence? Were any malicious?

Etc Etc.

At the moment its basically "woman reports harassment therefore it must be true therefore all men are utter utter shits".

Massive media bias around gender issues lately.

Seems fair.

Personally I dont think theres enough information to go on.

What constitutes a report of sexual harrassment?
How many allegations are found to be without substance?
How many instances are reported by one individual?
How many men reported sexual harassment?
Of the 75 rapes reported - how many were successfully prosecuted? how many were thrown out? how many lacked evidence? Were any malicious?

Etc Etc.

At the moment its basically "woman reports harassment therefore it must be true therefore all men are utter utter shits".

Massive media bias around gender issues lately.

Seems fair.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/armed-forces-continuous-attitude-survey-2014

There's some bedtime reading for you.

Incident doesn't quite do it justice.
Agreed, but apparently Queensman and the aptly named Oxygen_thief thinks it's all just media bias out to portray men as beasts :rolleyes:

I'll take a look.

Just to be clear though, I dont condone any form of harassment but this just smacks of 'agenda'.
I think it's just the post-match talk after Sgt Mee's conviction. The media have column inches to fill so they are asking various people for their thoughts on the matter. Beyond the hype though, it is a serious issue and eyes being averted the other way needs to stop. For both male and female harrassment.

Agreed, but apparently Queensman and the aptly named Oxygen_thief thinks it's all just media bias out to portray men as beasts :rolleyes:
The article yes, claims of harassment no.

There IS a bias - just look at the new laws proposed to end Domestic Violence against women and girls. (covered in most recent manifestos, and in the media recently).

Why not "end domestic violence against everyone"?

Agenda driven bullsh1t.

I'd like everyone to be safe and fluffy and happy, not just women.

. Beyond the hype though, it is a serious issue and eyes being averted the other way needs to stop. For both male and female harrassment.
Thats basically my point, Everyone, not just women.

I originally thought somebody had started a thread about me.

I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have never moaned about being sexually harassed and I would never do so if such a joyous thing were to happen to me.

Edited to add; The thread title has been changed from something resembling my user name to something less controversial.
Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Although as the article says (right at the end, safe in the knowledge that a significant proportion of readers will not make it that far) There's no evidence to suggest that the rate of offending is any higher than the broader population, so an equally valid slant for the article might have been "Brickies must 'speak out' against harassment, says head of National Bricklayers' Association"

The MoD said: "Rape and sexual assault are abhorrent crimes which have no place in the armed forces. We absolutely do not tolerate offences of this kind and every reported incident of rape, sexual assault or harassment is thoroughly investigated.

"There is no evidence to suggest that rates of sexual offending in the armed forces are higher than in the broader population. However, we recognise the great courage it takes to come forward and report a sexual offence which is precisely why we have extensive support in place for those affected."
Yes, harassment in all its forms is wrong, but this is the media and they like to take a non-story (soldiers no more likely to harass or be harassed than any other group in society) and give it a sensationalist slant.

It might have been more helpful if the Brig had emphasised the increasing numbers of women in the forces, rather than suggesting that it might be an unsafe occupation for women.

But that wouldn't have got her any column inches...

Last edited:
She isn't a fan of inches these days.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr_Fingerz The Intelligence Cell 90