Nicknames......

Right then chaps, after reading the oddest recruits thread, I felt that I had to create this!

Best nicknames! Funniest one (I believe its been said on arrse before as a regular thing) I heard on a course was "Delmonte", because he always said yes to all the shit jobs!

Any more for any more?

P

Praetorian said:
Right then chaps, after reading the oddest recruits thread, I felt that I had to create this!

Best nicknames! Funniest one (I believe its been said on arrse before as a regular thing) I heard on a course was "Delmonte", because he always said yes to all the shit jobs!

Any more for any more?

P
I used to have a lad in my section we called 'The Beastmaster'.

If you ever met his missus you'd know how he got his name.

I know a guy called Trigger - so called (apparently) because he's a dustman (okay, not quite a roadsweeper), and is a little light in the head!

I earned the name Colt (as in the stunt guy) because on my recruits course I was doubling to the cook house when I tripped and fell. But because of my martial arts training I managed to fall into a roll come right back up the other side and carried on running.

Curly - for a guy on our CMSR, having the most god awful mop of hair he couldn't get his beret on properly.

Bit ironic now, the Recruiting Staff managed to bully him into getting a skinhead, but the name's stuck!

Had a bloke called "Lurch" spitting image & once you had a few beers in him would do the sound effects as well.

Mr_Deputy said:
We had, like many other I believe, a 'Swampy' in our troop - named after the infamous protester who lives in a tunnel under a proposed runway
I thought that one was for pissing the bed.....not that I'd know....

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Praetorian said:
Mr_Deputy said:
We had, like many other I believe, a 'Swampy' in our troop - named after the infamous protester who lives in a tunnel under a proposed runway
I thought that one was for pissing the bed.....not that I'd know....

Your officer title on Facebook says differently :D

Worked with a few over the years

"Morphine" the slow acting dope and a Cpl called "Synex", he got up you nose and stayed there for 8 hours.

I've also worked with "Fruit" due to the lads finding out he was into body piercing.

"Scrabble" As he seemed to have every letter of the Alphabet in his surname but no vowels.

"Concrete" the chef who thought he was given it for being in the ACC (Aldershot Concrete Company) We all knew it was because everything he cooked had the same rock solid qualities!

My username was given to me by the cpl of my section when I was going through basic, he would not call me by my surname, so everyone else also started calling me this. Do have to say that when I got to my regiment no one new anything about this so it did not stick beyond basic.

Theres one about at the moment known only as "The Creature".

If you met him, you'd know why! Top bloke though.

"Colonel" Alfred Kolkhorst was University Lecturer in Spanish at Oxford after the war - so-called because he was so utterly unlike a colonel.

We had one called dangerous for obvious reasons , He ended up breaking his arm and leaving. Another called Chuck because his webbing was such a state that when he jumped up and down he sounded like a Chuck wagon coming down the road. :roll: .. Oh and a Harry Potter :D , Spitting image of Daniel Radcliffe but 4 times his age and less common sense ...