Nicknames that seem to be dying out

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Hogfather853, Nov 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody noticed that good old Army nicknames seem to be dying out. For example:

Nipper - for the vertically challenged.

Can anybody else think of any others?

2. Been looking for Topper Brown for the last few years.

3. Soap dodger for the non wasps.

4. The newest nig used to be referred to as "Cuntybollocks!" until he mastered the twin mysteries of brew making and brushing up at which point he would be promoted to "Cuntface!"

Anyone with a dodgy: voice, diction or accent would soon be known as "the soup dragon" throughout the unit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That is obviously the start to your memoires cernunnos :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Are you still allowed to call irish soldiers paddy?

7. I,ve been waiting for the newest Epic from our in house chronicler, but I fear he may have been deprived of subject matter, ie the resident lezzer has departed or his mother in law has departed this life, either that or his dog has been put down for despoiling neighbourhood bitches and his local gasthaus has barred him for furgling the landlords hausfrau, either way I will wait patiently untill futher missives are penned. Deutchland Unter Alles.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I assume "Get the black bastard to do it" is not heard much anymore?

• Like Like x 4
  9. I suppose referring to your indigenous swarthy staff on camp as Gollies would be frowned upon today?

10. Why is Niffy used for the name Hill? I knew about 4 ' Niffy Hills' but haven't got a clue why they were called that.
    Cunts the lot of 'em

11. Kipper - spineless c*nt
    Fonc - friend of no c*nt
    5 watt - not too bright

• Like Like x 1
  12. minging snotgobbling jock cunt

• Like Like x 2
  13. I've heard 'Wife beating alcy locker heads' used on this site before. Not sure who it was aimed at though?!?!?

14. The Scotch?