Nicknames for kit - Armoured Bulldozer - please help

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by batus_survivor, Aug 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Real spotter-ish question I know, but it's bugging me. I remember back to Ex Terra Firma there was a big armoured dozer used to smash through the final barricade of cars. And I remember this thing had a nickname, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Can anyone help?

2. sh1ty tankie/plantie crap ????

3. Very droll Knocker, I would help myself but I've not done ex Terra Firma, It could've been a BEMA fitted AVRE, or a Frog. Do they have any armoured plant around, like the old Scoobies from NI?

4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

You can always fast forward 5 years to Terrier.

5. I think the generic name for these back in NI in 70 was Scoobie Doo but I'm told they all got individual names. Sorry not to be bigger help.

6. i'll get my coat :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

7. Knocker, you're not sulking are you. Would that be a first :?: :p

8. NEVER.............feckin planties & tankies i've shat better engineers than them :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink: :D

9. Oh so bitter and twisted :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink: :D :wink: :D

10. as ever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. It came seeping back to my mind on the drive home - it was a Scooby. Thanks for the help.

Mind you, the first reply was pretty close too :)

Definitely wasn't an AVRE - even a thick infanteer would recognise that one...

12. And, what would you do without us oil and mud jockey's. (eagerly awaiting reply from Knocker) :wink:

13. a place for everyone one within the corps my friend AS LONG as you mud muppets & pie eaters realise that you are all at the foot of the pile far far beneath us knockers & even further below sparkies :blush: :omg: :blush: :omg::blush: :omg: :blush: :omg:

14. Oh, how I laughed. :lol:

And there's me thinking it's the other way round. But then, I could chose from 4 trades.

15. Scooby Doo haha, I remember being asked by a young hofficer of infantry if my 'Scooby dooby doo' went any faster... i felt like calling him 'SHAGGEE'... those of us in carrying out Gods trade just called them scoobies

knocker.... yes you are right us planties were so far down the food chain... how jealous i felt of you squeaks out heaving bits of MGB around in the rain, when i was in my warm cab, oh how miserable i was watching you cheese eaters kicking tin in the rain 'cos i was stuck in a warm cab. You cant beleive how woefull it was to watch guys filling sandbags and getting caught up in dannert coil, when one perched ones 58 mug of tea on the dashboard in ones warm Molly cab and opened the window to let the ciggy smoke out.... oh how did i stick being a planty for so long..sniff sniff..its just traumatic