Nicknames and Traditions

Ventress

LE
Do you know any for the 20th century- or earlier.

Scablifter: RAMC
Really Large Corps: RLC
Scalies: R Sigs
Run Away Matrons Coming: RAMC
Fang Farriers: RADC
Quick Lads Run: QLR
Ad Nauseum

Rob All My Comrades: RAMC

Quick And Ready And Never Caught: QARANC

Queen's Royal Dancers: QRL

Piccadilly Cowboys: Household Cavalry

Ruin Everything Mechanical Eventually. REME
z heads REME (due to large lightning bolt)
beeps royal signals
scalies/scalybacks royal signals (due to many stories: battery acid on radios sleeping in a fish factory in ww2 etc)

thats all for now folks!

Unknown_Quantity

War Hero
Royal Engineering, Made Easy.

All Girls Corps

AGC- alf garnets commandos
UDR- Uncle dans rangers
Usually Drunk Regiment
Utterley Dense Regiment
WRAC- Weekly Ration Army Cu*t
Warm round and cuddly
RLC- Really Lazy Corps
air defence artillery- cloud punchers
RA- 5 mile snipers
REME- Remedial engineering made easey
RGJ-falling plates
RMP-Monkies

Green Slime (aka Slime, The Slime and Cabbage Heads) Int Corps

Planks RA

Woofers Worcester and Sherwood Forestors

Rickshaws Cabs and Taxi's Royal Corps of Transport

Brains on Chains RAF Police

In Basnia a few years ago the Irish Guards had a Green Howards Company attached and the Micks referred to them as the Dingles, cos they were a load of inbred thieving Yorkshiremen. The OC could never work out why he was called Zac.

mushroom said:
Micks referred to them as the Dingles, cos they were a load of inbred thieving Yorkshiremen. The OC could never work out why he was called Zac.

...as opposed to a load of inbred thieving scousers, presumably.

Since someone has mentioned Brain on a Chain for the RAF Police dogs, here's another crab example:

PMRAFNS - Pull My Ruffled And Frilly kNickers Sideways

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Now that the PWRR contain such a high ratio of foreign and Commonwealth troops they are known as the Pakis, Wogs, Rastafarians and Refugees.
And before someone calls the web police, I'm not racist, just reporting what I heard.

This thread started out discussing traditions.

In Welsh regiments it is traditional to celeberate Saint Davids Day by having the youngest sprogs eat a raw leek to a drum roll and then drink a pint of beer.

In a certain Welsh TA centre it is equally as traditional for a large number of other cap badges to gather and snigger at this display of leeks, goats and Druids from behind a large hanger.

Trotsky

Oh BBC - I thought you knew. AAC and ACC are basically the same size and shape and smell the same. Some are nice and kind and gentle and the others are pilots. Of course!!!!

Hmmm, Dale. Some in the Anti Aviation Corps/Anti Admin Corps might just resemble that remark!
We have nowt to do with the old Andy Capps Comandos (ACC)!! Although I do know a couple of Egg techs who have grown wings.

We all know an anagram of Army Air Corps is Sorry Im Crap. :oops:

Is the QLR still known as 'Quick Lads Run', due to the yellow backing?? :lol:

Of course, the members of the All Girls Corps (AGC) are dead interesting aint they? :wink: