Nick Griffin refused entry to Buck House bash.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Jul 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Common sense prevails!

Nick Griffin told: we don't want that kind of party at Buckingham Palace | Politics | The Guardian

Snip:

BNP leader barred from Queen's garden party after officials decided he had exploited invitation for political gains,

The British National party's latest quest for political respectability collapsed in fiasco today when its leader, Nick Griffin, was barred from the Queen's garden party at Buckingham Palace just two hours before it was due to begin after royal officials decided he had exploited his invitation for political purposes.

Griffin, who had earlier boasted on television that he would be representing a million British patriots – "this event shows how far this party has come" – was left fuming over what he described as a "thoroughly unBritish outrage".

The invitations to him and his deputy, Andrew Brons, had been issued to them in their capacity as MEPs and there was a palpable sense that the palace's late decision had been taken with some relief after the BNP leader gave a hostage to fortune with his televised boasting. The ban did not extend to Griffin's wife and children, but they did not attend.

Announcing the decision at lunchtime, just before the 8,000 guests began arriving, a palace statement said brusquely: "Nick Griffin MEP will be denied entry to today's garden party at Buckingham Palace due to the fact he has overtly used his personal invitation for party political purposes through the media. This, in turn, has increased the security threat and the potential discomfort to the many other guests also attending. We would apply the same rules to anyone who would try to blatantly politicise their attendance in this way."

Griffin said: "This is quite amazing news. At no time was I informed that I wasn't allowed to talk to the media about this. Other people have talked about attending. Why a double standard here? To say that one person in the country cannot speak to the media is an outrage."

In his leader's absence, Brons, the MEP for Yorkshire and the Humber, cut a distinctly isolated figure among the clergy, civic leaders, members of the military and charity workers also attending the garden party, the last of three at the palace this summer.

He had boasted on his website that he would be "welcomed at Buckingham Palace by Her Majesty the Queen" but found himself several rows back in the crowd lining the Queen's route towards the refreshment tent, with no chance of meeting her, let alone being welcomed. He spoke to no one except his daughter Emma.

Brons told the Guardian: "The cucumber sandwiches were excellent. I don't blame the Queen for this. I think it's down to the politicians.

"You will find the grubby fingers of David Cameron on this. This is a marvellous occasion. I don't tell the Queen who she should invite."

Standing close by, Asghar Majeed, the first Muslim to be deputy mayor of Windsor and Maidenhead – who is a Conservative – said: "I am glad Griffin was banned. Personally, I don't think they should be here, but they are a political party so I suppose you can't stop them if they have been elected."

A Unite Against Fascism spokesman said they were delighted by the decision to ban Griffin: "I think this is a fantastic decision that's been taken. The invitation in the first place was a blow for those who suffered in the Holocaust and, more recently, those who have suffered at the hands of racists and homophobes."

Snip.

2. A Unite Against Fascism spokesman said they were delighted by the decision to ban Griffin: "I think this is a fantastic decision that's been taken. The invitation in the first place was a blow for those who suffered in the Holocaust and, more recently, those who have suffered at the hands of racists and homophobes."

The UAF are as bad as the fascists they despise. Who the hell do they think they are deciding that HMQ's invitation to her garden party was the equivalent of dropping the Zyklon B into the chamber.

3. For some reason it's OK to have extreme left wing views. As CQMS states the UAF are as bad as the BNP. I think that this sort of action will help the BNP. If Griffin had been allowed to go there would have been very little news today and none tomorrow.

4. The whole point is you can't use the invite for political capital, Griffin did and got told where to go, Brons didn't and remained on the guest list. The lesson, shut the **** up until after the bloody party.

5. Another own goal by the Establishment.

FFS! Give the odious shit all the publicity he craves. EVERY time he gets a public airing he comes across exactly for what he is, a thick, ignorant racist. He thrives on being banned and playing the 'poor me' card.

6. By making a political point out of it, he knew he'd be uninvited. HM invited all MEPs, not inviting him would give him publicity, he was denied that so manufactured it another way. HM was going to get grief over this either way. Between an odious oaf like Griffin and Her Maj, I know where my sympathies lie.

7. Agreed.

We've just got rid of a one eyed wonder, we don't need another one.

Give him enough rope...

8. Common Sense prevails???

He's an odious little fascist **** but no more so than the odious little marxist ***** we have suffered the last 13 years. And you view this as a victory???

9. Victory?

Hardly. One's as bad as the next.

Self serving, egotistical, big timing, eye on the main chance...

Hang on, that sounds like me.

10. I think this knobber is chasing his tail here. He craves publicity, yet the more he gets, the more he shows himself and his party to be the bunch of fecking odious cretins they are. As for representing "a million British patriots", I guess the other 60 million or so who despise him don't count then?

11. That's it for the Queen then. She'll not be getting an invite to next year's Hitler's birthday celebrations at the BNP Fuhrer bunker.

12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Considering that the Palace allowed the other BNP MEP to attend, I think that HM (or rather the Palace) has come out of this rather well, and Griffin has ended up looking like the utter twat that he is.

Effectively he has been sent to the naughty step for being rude!

13. LOL, No, we're both better than that

No, you're right, we ****ing aint LOL

14. ****ing foreigners: coming in, taking housing away from local people, not bothering to integrate into the community, knowing ****-all about the native culture or even bothering to learn the language...

That ****, Griffin needs to **** off out of Wales and go back to where he came from. :)