Nick Cleggs speach at Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SixBadges, Sep 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nick Clegg has delivered the Leader's speech at the Lib-Dem annual conference. He looked confident and relaxed (with a blue tie). He presented some intelligent and convincing arguments.

I look forward to him being the leader of the opposition.

Nick Clegg addresses Lib Dems
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Cameron in No10, Clegg in opposition and zanuNL in the fking wilderness would just about make my decade.
  3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

You'll have a long wait, I hope you've brought something to read...
  4. I wonder if thats what he looks forward to as well? It is of course the best he could ever hope for, thats why they can promise the earth in their policies.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Maggie in No10, would make my Decade.
  6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Nick who?

Does anyone care what he says? The party will never hold power, so he can say whatever he wants. - he will never have to deliver it. So after the Conference the Lib Dems can go back to being a party of a few local councillors and non entity MPs
  7. You forgot to add 'Brown and Blair in jail' to that.

OK, maybe that's a bit too much to wish for but one lives in hope... :D
  8. He sounded like he was a vacuum cleaner salesman.

He's trying too hard.
  9. Slightly off topic.
    I read today that 'Gorgeous' George Galloway,once referred to Broon and Bliar as "two cheeks of the same arrse"
  10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Quality! :D
  11. Cheeky fucker! Considering he is a pox ridden piss flap
  12. That may be so,but he is very eloquent with it!
  13. Maggie in a coffin would make mine...
  14. By 2015 most of our nuclear and several of our biggest coal power stations will have been decommissioned either because they are at the end of their working life or because the EU's rules on pollution are forcing us to close them down. Unless the governmental finger comes out now a new range of nuclear plants will not be ready in time. Wind and tidal power cannot hope to bridge the gap; all the wind power we have at the moment does not equal the output of Eggborough power station (one of the ones to be closed). We will either have to buy at a ridiculous price or face a shortage.

Clegg meanwhile harps on about renewables and no nuclear. Doubtless he can afford a generator.
  15. The Liberal Democrats - high taxes and love the EU. Good combination.