Nick Bergs Father Weeps for Zarqawi

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mora, Jun 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The father of Nick Berg responds in to the death of the man who decapitated his son:

news.yahoo

The Nick Berg video (.wmv file)

Edit (Good CO). No thanks.

2. He's a braver more forgiving man than I could be.

Fair play to him.

3. Not braver just not on this planet WHY weep for a guy who has no conscience and would glady kill women and children in what he claims is his Holy WAR

4. Along the lines of "Forgive them for they know not what they do".

I doff my cap, Sir.

5. Sorry totally disagree with you its not an excuse He knows exactly what he has done, I hope the guy rots in Hell I also hope it was a slow and painful death.

6. Nick Berg's father is clearly a very noble man.

However that phrase does not wash with me. If there is a hell, Zarqawi will be there right now, knowing full what what he did to deserve it. He used religion as a tool for his own gain (as others have done with other religions). He knew what he was doing killing hostages. Or when men, women and children (Muslim ones at that, how can the Koran justify those actions?) were killed through bombings.

Edit - I wasn't copying MS164 I swears it, I just took ages to write my comment.

7. Luke 23:34

Do you lower yourself to their level? If I were Berg's father, I would probably celebrate Zarqawi's death too. That does not mean that I do not respect someone who can forgive their child's murderer

PB.

8. PassingBells, I do understand what you say about your respect for Mr Berg. It is a respect I also hold for him.

I don't want this to turn into a bible slagging match, however I would just like to point out that there were a lot of crazy things said in the bible. One example for you would be when Jesus commented on the ten commandments, on the issue of adultery:

Er...right Jesus, whatever you say mate.. :roll:

9. the father and his son are jewish

10. :)

I agree, it just seemed that the reference had not been recognised. 8O

Does that make any difference?

11. Well, I'm not going to forgive him. I'm glad he's dead. And I hope it was extremely painful and slow. But what I really want for these monsters is a lifetime of despair and realisation that they have failed utterly and, preferably, repentance.

I would take people like Zarq thingy and wage psychological war on them until they were utterly broken in spirit and begging for forgiveness. And then tout them round the bazaars. And be damned to their dignity and human rights.

I want to be able to shoot burglars, too.

12. MORA...

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO SUCH GRUESOME VIDEOS ON HERE.

If people want to find such videos, they know where to go. Google

13. "You have heard that it is said, 'Do not commit adultery'. But now I tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to posses her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart. So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell."

In that case we should all be minus our right hands.

Not sure why I lost my leg?

14. While I admire Mr Bergs forgiveness, he is wrong to say it is a cause for sadness. A truly evil man has received justice, he himslef will do no more harm. And if a thousand rise up to replace him, why we have thousands more missiles to deal with them in a similar manner.

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I second Agent Smith. Link now gone.