Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Glad_its_all_over, Jan 19, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cracking initiative, this board. Good to see. Will evolve, hopefully, to become a "schnide book"*.

Suggestion, though - STRICT anonymity at all times. I couldn't give a stuff, I've been out for a couple of years and am whatever sort of a Reservist you are at 45, but if it should get near the knuckle.... Propose an SOP that no real names of posters should EVER be used,

*If you recognise the term "schnide book", hello.
  2. Agree on the name thingy. I remember a couple of times on the Pprune BB when names were mentioned and Danny Fynes (board owner) came up against some very sticky legal situations.

"I couldn't give a stuff, I've been out for a couple of years"

Well it's legal now?! :eek:
  3. Heh. I got out before it was made compulsory.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Thoroughly agree.  I must admit that the legality aspect does concern me, particularly now that ARRSE seems to have taken off.  I've decided to break my anonimity with the powers that be before I lose a job over the whole thing!
  5. why should anyone lose a job over some serious p**s taking meant mainly for fun and stuff are they worried that they might hear some home truths
  6. Ask WileyCoyote (Pprune BB) that one about three years ago and you will find that not every one see's the funny side!

Sometimes threads get carried away into an all out slanging match that the recipient hasn't asked to be involved in.

I can see the reason why a bit of moderation and anonimity is required.

On the flip side, if important (and unclas) subjects are properly presented in a grown up manner, the chain of command might, just might take a tiny bit of notice. It's worth a try. I know on Pprune some things that were mentioned on the board were given a look at by upstairs.
  7. Anyone up for invading Iraq next year?
    • Funny Funny x 4
  8. Stupid idea, it'll never happen.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'd want to see some pretty compelling evidence to justify that folly of an idea.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Crazy talk.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. HHH

HHH LE

14yrs 6 mths must be close to the record for thread revival ! :nod:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. For at least 2-3 seconds then I thought you were some kind of time traveller or visionary.
  13. Evidence? How about some Woolworth's pick'n'mix instead?
  14. I want to see your moobs.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Wow old names on this thread. What's happened to Flashheart and MDN?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk