Nice to Have Items

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tomahawk6, Feb 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In my day it was rations, water and ammunition. :roll:

2. That would be last week? :twisted: :twisted:

3. Ok, this is the drill:

It's Dark but you need to wash.
    Some sh1t screams "Stand Too" and in the rush you drop the packet
    After Stand Down, how the Fcuk are you going to find the packet, can't see it, cant smell it

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ever made the mistake of wiping your arrsse after a compo dump with a hand wipe. It's not the experience voted most wanted to repeat trust me!

5. Pop a shmooly! 8O :wink:

6. Can you get the paper in the UK?

Seems pretty cheap in the US, but I bet postage is a bitch to get it over here.

7. usmc in elm grove southsea stock there products will find there web address when i can be arrsed

8. msr

msr LE

You can get blank, TAM-sized, waterproof paper from Lansdale. Tel 01784 460793, they sell it in packs of 30 sheets.

msr

9. I wish Rk11! 1963 - 1984. During that period personal equipment didn't change much. The philosophy was 'less (on operations) is better.' I would've loved to have had a camelpak personal hydration system back then (probably beats the crap out've carrying a third 44 patt waterbottle), MREs instead of some of the dehydrated 24hr ratpacks we were issued (invariably in areas where water was in short supply). I applaud the advances made in equipment though all that smelly stuff talked about, baby wipes, etc. Nah! Does the army still issue that unscented soap that lathers up in sea water? Sorry to sound like an old sweat. Wait a minute though...I AM one!

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Didn't do such a good job against the Romans did you though... eh?

11. Wilkinsons do really cheap face wipes which don't smell of much at all. They are pretty good at getting cam off your face and are less than a quid for two hundred. Save your money and buy these.

12. If you add a few drops of chilli oil to the wipe before you use it, it makes all the difference. Wait One - or was that add a few drops to the compo? I forget...

Either way it probably makes no odds. :twisted:

13. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

[quote="BusterdogDoes the army still issue that unscented soap that lathers up in sea water? Sorry to sound like an old sweat. Wait a minute though...I AM one![/quote]

B-D As I am sure you will recall once your 'senior moment' has passed, the soap in question was phased out in the late 60's early 70's. Perhaps the fact you are still looking for the soap makes you the 'Old Sweat'. :wink:

14. The problem with waterproof paper is if you are captured with confidential information. The raggys will come across you choking on your fire mission, as the pages turn into clingfilm in your mouth.