Nice letter asking for cooperation? Not a fookin chance, Sir.

Got this recently. Anyone else had similar.

I've told them to ram it (politely of course).

Dear fellow Riflemen,

NI Veterans are being encouraged to participate in the Government Consultation on the Legacy of Northern Ireland. The consultation is open until 10 September 2018
More than 3,500 people were killed as a result of the Troubles. The hurt and suffering caused is still felt by people across Northern Ireland and beyond.
The Troubles affected lots of different people, including victims and survivors. People have been affected in different ways.
The Government is trying to find the best way to meet the needs of victims and survivors and to help people address the impact of the Troubles in the areas of information, justice and acknowledgement and help Northern Ireland transition to long term-term peace and stability. They need to do this in order to support true reconciliation and healing at a societal level.
The link to the consultation is: www.gov.uk/nio
and
The link to a related article featuring CDS - General Nick Carter - and Tobias Elwood MP - ex RGJ - is: Forces chief vows to stop soldier 'chasing'.
Please take the time to take part in the consultation and also read the related link.
Thank you
Carron Snagge OBE DL
Colonel
Chairman
RGJA​

Got this recently. Anyone else had similar.​
I've told them to ram it (politely of course).​
The Government is trying to find the best way to meet the needs of victims and survivors and to help people address the impact of the Troubles in the areas of information, justice and acknowledgement and help Northern Ireland transition to long term-term peace and stability. They need to do this in order to support true reconciliation and healing at a societal level.​
T​
Methinks they've misspelled the phrase "retribution and persecution" with regard to Forces veterans.

Also, when did Op Banner become "The Troubles"?

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope. However you could have taken the opportunity to state that for the past x number of years you have been suffering from flash backs not only connected to Op Banner but your whole service and is there any chance of some compo?
You'll never here from them again.

Nope. However you could have taken the opportunity to state that for the past x number of years you have been suffering from flash backs not only connected to Op Banner but your whole service and is there any chance of some compo?
You'll never here from them again.
Strange you should say that, because the memories that I've spent years suppressing, are now flooding back. I'm getting all emotional.

As for 'The Troubles', that's just politicized cuntism of the highest order. IT WAS A WAR.

Got this recently. Anyone else had similar.

I've told them to ram it (politely of course).

Dear fellow Riflemen,

NI Veterans are being encouraged to participate in the Government Consultation on the Legacy of Northern Ireland. The consultation is open until 10 September 2018
More than 3,500 people were killed as a result of the Troubles. The hurt and suffering caused is still felt by people across Northern Ireland and beyond.
The Troubles affected lots of different people, including victims and survivors. People have been affected in different ways.
The Government is trying to find the best way to meet the needs of victims and survivors and to help people address the impact of the Troubles in the areas of information, justice and acknowledgement and help Northern Ireland transition to long term-term peace and stability. They need to do this in order to support true reconciliation and healing at a societal level.
The link to the consultation is: www.gov.uk/nio
and
The link to a related article featuring CDS - General Nick Carter - and Tobias Elwood MP - ex RGJ - is: Forces chief vows to stop soldier 'chasing'.
Please take the time to take part in the consultation and also read the related link.
Thank you
Carron Snagge OBE DL
Colonel
Chairman
RGJA​
Sounds like a big fûck you to your service members who served at the time. Then again why would anybody volunteer anything when your government will throw you under the bus when it is convenient.

Imagine the moaning if NI veterans were excluded from taking part in this completely voluntary consultation.
It's voluntary for now, but it will very quickly become evidential as soon as it pleases them.

DO NOT COOPERATE....Say nothing except, "I don't remember. I can't recall. Never heard of it. Who? Where? Prove it fookface", and if you are invited in for a coffee with biscuits type 'friendly' chinwag, don't go voluntarily and then, when you're summonsed take a lawyer with you.

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sounds like a big fûck you to your service members who served at the time. Then again why would anybody volunteer anything when your government will throw you under the bus when it is convenient.
The rights and wrongs of the eagerness of HM Government and the British legal establishment to put old soldiers in court way after the event is probably better served in its own dedicated thread.
After all, they are still prosecuting people for crimes committed during World War 2.

However, the effect upon future recruitment for HM Forces might be adversely affected as the possible implications of military service in the British Forces becomes apparent to the present generations should this policy become better known which I think it will.

Some people haven't thought this one out very well.

Imagine the moaning if NI veterans were excluded from taking part in this completely voluntary consultation.
I invite my mentalist neighbour around whenever the lodgers are having a BBQ party, she's never going to come round but it keeps her complaining to a minimum

I wonder if the Colonel, or one of his mate's, will send similar letters to civilians who were affected, caught up in events, traumatised, injured, or lost loved one's, in:

- Manchester,
- London - Stock Exchange, Hyde Park, several pubs, the Palace of Westminster, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, couple or three London Underground Stations, various large Oxford Street department stores, Docklands, Aldwych bus bomb, BBC TV Centre, Ealing,
- St. Alban's,
- Brighton,

Roermond, Holland.

JHQ, Germany.
Bielefeld, Germany.

And, all the one's you did not hear about because we stopped them.

Dear Colonel, Just shut up, go away, stop pandering to these parasite's, and to those in government who think they ought to. People we know, were injured and died because of their malevolent criminal actions, they are nothing more than a money making mafia justifying their existence with a bit of chest thumping nationalism and the murder of innocent people. Go and have a chat with anyone who had their knee caps attended to by these psychopaths with a Black & Decker and I am sure you will get the same response.

It's voluntary for now, but it will very quickly become evidential as soon as it pleases them.

DO NOT COOPERATE....Say nothing except, "I don't remember. I can't recall. Never heard of it. Who? Where? Prove it fookface", and if you are invited in for a coffee with biscuits type 'friendly' chinwag, don't go voluntarily and then, when you're summonsed take a lawyer with you...........
....And insist that that Gerry Adams be present, to explain his side of things.....

The rights and wrongs of the eagerness of HM Government and the British legal establishment to put old soldiers in court way after the event is probably better served in its own dedicated thread.
After all, they are still prosecuting people for crimes committed during World War 2.

However, the effect upon future recruitment for HM Forces might be adversely affected as the possible implications of military service in the British Forces becomes apparent to the present generations should this policy become better known which I think it will.

Some people haven't thought this one out very well.
I don’t disagree. Why serve when 30 years down the road, you could face a prison sentence because the next generation was not in favor with events of times long before them. It is utterly stupid.

I know I am a thick Yank that has not a clue about what many of you experienced. From some of the information I have gleaned from this forum it does not sound pleasant. But I will never judge the generations before me, because I did not live it. History is to be learned from, not used as an excuse to condemn the ones who lived it.

The Oh so PC "Fellow Rifleman" is gaining wider use, I see...

I don’t disagree. Why serve when 30 years down the road, you could face a prison sentence because the next generation was not in favor with events of times long before them. It is utterly stupid.

I know I am a thick Yank that has not a clue about what many of you experienced. From some of the information I have gleaned from this forum it does not sound pleasant. But I will never judge the generations before me, because I did not live it. History is to be learned from, not used as an excuse to condemn the ones who lived it.[/QUOTE]

That has to be the most profound and sensible thing I have ever heard from an American, after Truman said "Drop it"

Thought it was Name, Rank and Number....or am I thinking of something else