NI upping the anti once more

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Romeo_47, Aug 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. everyone keeps saying its a small group of no hopers but every day you look at the news now, there is bombs going off everywhere,rioting,shots fired and whats being don e to stop this except people on tv saying over and over again these people have no support

2. It's summer, it's going to happen. 12th, apprentice boys and all that. It's a select few morons.

3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Thought Tony Blair undefeated World Peace Champion had stated it was all over ?

We've got the two Tommy guns that they handed in and we let all those nice reformed guys out of the nick

4. Hate to tell you, but it's been like this for quite a while.

5. This is what i've been wondering, have things been kicking off more recently, or are the media just reporting incidents more regularly?

6. During the Blair years there was still plenty of trouble but it was just not shown on National news or tabloids, it was always on the local NI news.

7. One of my muckers is ex RUC and still living in the province. It's been like this for years. These are the ass wipes who didn't get ministerial positions / huge payouts etc and now want what they are due.

8. tomorrows chip wrapping

9. I hope so.

10. It seems to be they have shaken of some touts and MI5 are losing the grip they seemed to have up until last year. Just glad to see the Loyalists are committed, to the Security Forces dealing with Republicans. Loyalist retaliation is what they want to increase their power base and support in Catholic area's.

If it was to kick off again, would the security forces be allowed the same ROE as Afghanistan instead of the yellow card when dealing with terrorists?

11. Mmmmm...JDAM as a tool for Urban renewal...Nice idea..;-)

12. This is the PSNI's game. We dont need the Army back here or we loose Sinn Fein and the PIRA come back. We dont need it. The PSNI need to prove they can handle this. The Army back can be a bad move as much as I hate to say it even though Sinn Fein are ex PIRA but still. The PSNI have to be up to the game.

13. AH with 30mm Or Gazelle with nightsun, what would you rather have on call in a riot?

14. My opinion - they are not up to the game. They are lazy in some areas. Lets look at Armagh City... They drive about in no armour. You will find them up and down the same roads 6 times atleast. They just come out on sunny days! Its pathetic in my opinion! They give themselves away. If they are not up to the game, they should call in the Army for a small period of time to sort out the DR's. Not full time as this would cause the PIRA to start up. We dont need this.