NI - They Really Haven’t Gone Away.

HHH

GCM

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Or the hijacking of Parachute Regiment flags to erect all over the province whether wanted by the locals or not.

Illegal bonfires etc with a threat of paramilitary violence if taken down.

Face it your 'community' are just another bunch of terrorists more than happy to take on the police or army to get your own twisted way.

The only difference between you lot and the dissidents is at least they are honest about their intentions..

Not a bit of it. The loyalist paramilitaries are quite open about their criminality

Seems almost like old times:

From reports it sounds like secondary designed to catch the follow up to hoax device that was originally called in. Part of the country they’ve been fairly quiet recently. I’d expect a few more similar around border areas on run up to Brexit date. Unfortunately.

RoyalGreenJacket

On ROPS
On ROPs
Seems almost like old times:

Our old COP Platoon home from home, an interesting part of the island where the Republic of Ireland can only be accessed by road (even by the Gardaí and Irish Army) by travelling through the United Kingdom, not that it stopped us patrolling covertly through the 'Irish' part to save us a few miles tabbing around the enclave.

A very staunchly Republican area indeed, there are some very nasty hard-liners living in this neck of the woods on both sides of the Border, I was fortunate enough to have been involved in the arrest of one of the scumbags who was OTR at the time.

A close call for the Security Forces indeed, and predictably hypocritical of Sinn Fein to declare the attack as "totally wrong" now, when such attacks were "totally right" by them not so long ago.

Sadly, there is more of this to come from such Republican scum.

Our old COP Platoon home from home, an interesting part of the island where the Republic of Ireland can only be accessed by road (even by the Gardaí and Irish Army) by travelling through the United Kingdom, not that it stopped us patrolling covertly through the 'Irish' part to save us a few miles tabbing around the enclave.

A very staunchly Republican area indeed, there are some very nasty hard-liners living in this neck of the woods on both sides of the Border, I was fortunate enough to have been involved in the arrest of one of the scumbags who was OTR at the time.

A close call for the Security Forces indeed, and predictably hypocritical of Sinn Fein to declare the attack as "totally wrong" now, when such attacks were "totally right" by them not so long ago.

The "compact and bijiou" Coleman Island.

From reports it sounds like secondary designed to catch the follow up to hoax device that was originally called in. Part of the country they’ve been fairly quiet recently. I’d expect a few more similar around border areas on run up to Brexit date. Unfortunately.

Oh, for the old days, when you could be (almost) certain of a quiet Thursday every 2 weeks as that was when they'd all trooped off to the Boroo and spent the rest of the day drinking the dole money away.

Fridays, on the other hand . . .

Oh, for the old days, when you could be (almost) certain of a quiet Thursday every 2 weeks as that was when they'd all trooped off to the Boroo and spent the rest of the day drinking the dole money away.

Fridays, on the other hand . . .
We found that was subject to weather and what was on the TV.

Second "come on" in as many weeks. Someone is trying to make a name for themselves.

RoyalGreenJacket

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sounds like the South Armagh ASU has come back to life. Wasn't this one in Newtownbutler?
Apparently, yes, the come-on a little further south down the road, with the actual device detonating on the A3 near the Cloverhill BCP.

Sounds like the South Armagh ASU has come back to life. Wasn't this one in Newtownbutler?
Fermanagh has had Dissidents since before it was trendy. The first two CIRA attacks were both in Fermanagh in '94 and '96.

The area where this happened is right in the centre of their main area of operations. This is at least the fourth attempted IED against SF in that area that I can think of off the top of my head.

The "compact and bijiou" Coleman Island.
An Irish Army Colonel and I had to try and explain Coleman's Island to a Romanian Army Colonel when Senior Staff College did a visit to our Battalion. 'There is a piece of your country, inside his country? This makes no sense, why is this?'.

Latest Threads