NI soldiers convictions revealed

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by western, Dec 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More than 1,300 members of the armed forces have received a criminal conviction while serving in Northern Ireland in the last six years.

Strewth! How many would it be if half of them were not on OPs? Multiply this across the army and the Corps is safe for years as long as it gets it's eye back on the ball.

Had they caught me in my wife's under crackers running round Cloony Park West and mincing around the Gobnascale in her high heels and frocks...I could understand why they are upset!
  2. What a load of crap. Most of those incidents were typical squaddie incidents which happened in barracks and had buger all to do with the security situation, so why is old Lady H 'gobsmacked'. I take it that she is (the late?) Jack H's wife? If so, she needs to be looking closer to home for a scandal, instead of appeasing the republicans.

I'm sure that there are more important things going on in the world today.
  3. So it WAS you? Bloody hell, I thought that they were joking!
  4. I had to so that to get through the Arch it was not for the undeniable pleasure of it, it was only for the sake of my career.

In later life I have strangly developed a taste for sensible shoes, tweed skirts, lavender and pipe smoking. I thank my time in Clooney for that.
  5. Indeed when you think how many soldiers have served in NI over the past six years, how does that figure compare to an equivalent number of troops stationed in BFG, or indeed on operations.

As a complete non sequitur but just for s**** and giggles - do we have figures for the number of Volunteers convicted of crimes in NI by the IRA - or indeed punishment attacks in the same period??
  6. BBC/Media just want to have a crack at HM forces 24/7 - they are too scared of upsetting PIRA/RIRA.