Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NI Photo

Definitely one for the NI images thread but my phone won't allow me to put it in there - maybe a Mod could move it, please?

Anyway - what is the story behind this?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Definitely one for the NI images thread but my phone won't allow me to put it in there - maybe a Mod could move it, please?

Total nonsense.

Total nonsense.
Agreed - it appeared on my FB feed and never having seen it I was curious. Faked image combined with urban myth.

Agreed - it appeared on my FB feed and never having seen it I was curious. Faked image combined with urban myth.

I think the image is real enough but just cheap propaganda put out by the IRA in the 1970s there are a few others of females conducting stop and search

Stabwedge

Clanker

It's a real pic but......
It's a cropped image of an IRA 'show of strength' patrol. It was taken by a well known press photographer from Ireland whose name escapes me at the minute.
Attached story is garbage. Never happened.

A load of oul' bollocks. It is a well-know staged propaganda pic by the Provos from the 1970s. The story attached to it is eye-wateringly shite, no doubt for US consumption.

I think we're all on the same page here!! Does anyone have the uncropped image?

Just seen the above - ta!

It's a cropped image of an IRA 'show of strength' patrol. It was taken by a well known press photographer from Ireland whose name escapes me at the minute.
Coleman Doyle? He had a lot of access to the Provos at the time and produced a book called A People's War, if I am not wrong, full of such propaganda shots.

I think we're all on the same page here!! Does anyone have the uncropped image?

Just seen the above - ta!

This what you want?

Very probably staged. Memebership of the IRA was very small and women volunteers were even smaller, yet no one knows who she is?!

"Whatever you say, say nothing."
That was the mantra. Still is with some.
Don't make me laugh. Most of the IRA by the mid 80's were squealing like stuck pigs!