NI pay

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by chrisp7, Sep 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I am on tour and my wife is still in NI I still get nirs, will this stop if my wife visits the mainland uk to see family, is there a time period out of NI before the pay stops does Amy one have any info or any one been in this situation
  2. JSP 752 Ch 6 Sect 10 para 06.1008 refers - NIRS will stop on the first day the family does not remain within Province when a service persaon (SP) is absent on temp duty (Deployed). It will restart when either the family or SP return to Province.

Hope this helps.
  3. Hi there, thanks for looking this up. It looks clear enough although I am still on the books back at my unit and am working in the uk not posted or detached as my unit is abit of a circus and am just filling a job for a while. My wife wife might be going to visit family for a period of time in the uk, I could see this happening slot with families who's partners are on tour, how can the army keep track of the wife's as they are not tied to any booking out process ?
    What do you think?
  4. If they book her flight then they know she's gone, if however she books her own and tells no one then it won't stop unless one of the other nosy twats grasses her up.
  5. Does it stop if you are on sick leave?
  6. Just dont tell them. Simple. I was asked to book out temporally for a course via my RAO, i asked why and they replied so they can stop my NIRS pay...funnily enough i never booked out. Cheers easy.
  7. Yeah, because fraud isn't really considered very serious in the Army!