NI patrol pack

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Lance_Jackass, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was after a new daysack that i could use for outdoors stuff (hiking, d of e etc) as well as for when i rejoin the cadet forces as an adult instructor. After a quick search here i found the NI patrol pack to be highly recommended, so grabbed one off ebay.

Problem is it really doesn't fit me that well. I'm no giant, but when worn properly its too short for my back - i'm guessing because its meant to be worn with webbing. Is it ONLY meant to be worn with webbing then, or am i wearing it wrong? Just wondering if i'm the only person whos had this problem.

The other thing that annoyed me was the waist belt. Its not really much good. Would it be worth getting something like a hippo pad and roll pin belt threaded through the loops instead, and cutting the original belt off?

cheers

2. I use one and find it (on the whole) very good. I have never had a problem with it unless carrying a heavier load.
    My advice i to go for a Monroe, it is a little taller and fits your back better.
    Re hippo/ roll pin adaptation, I have seen that done and looks like a good idea but never used it.

3. please note lance jackass is an airsoft walt!!! You have been outed my friend! :twisted: www.arniesairsoft.co.uk search for his name and see what you find :)

4. 307

307 War Hero

seconded munro gods gift to infantry hoofing bit of kit and the most comfortable daysack I have ever worn, I would consider doign the drawstring up tight round my member and ******* the hole.

5. Yup, I've played a lot of airsoft. With that aside... I'll still be looking for a way of improving my NI pack for when i go back into the cadet forces as an instructor.

6. The nearset I ever came to a NI day sack (whatever that is) while in NI was 58 pattern kidney pouches.

7. msr

msr LE

8. Oh, err. Right. I won't be leaving you guard the bergan cache then.....