NI Grafitti

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biscuits_Brown, Jul 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Meant to bring this up before but it slipped my mind, the mention of graffitti on the Danny Nightingale reminded me.

This:- “Remember the La Mon bombing. 13 Protestants killed. For what??? Sinn Fein Vote!”

Has been appearing on walls all over NI, and I mean all over anywhere with a vaguely prot. demographic. Exactly the same wording and punctuation.

Now I sort of get the gist, even though it makes no actual sense. But as it's obviously orchestrated, any offers for who?

Equally, any good reason why it's so leftfield?
  2. Either illiterate Paisleyites or drunken Taigs. WHo cares?
  3. Me patently, or I wouldn't have asked.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I suppose they see the spray can being mightier than the sword, its coordinated so imagine some group will put their head above the parapet. unless it is NIs answer to Banksy.
  5. Y'see I could see through "Remember the LaMon bombing, 13 protestants killed by SF/IRA scum!!"

That makes sense, in English and carries an obvious, directly sectarian message. The actual wording though is, odd to say the least.

I note mention of Banksy and, y'know, have you ever actually been to an art college grad's exhibition?
    I wouldn't be surprised!
  6. I imagine there will be lots more than grafitti going on tonight.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It's turning into one of those NI conspiracy jobs. A recent newspaper article claimed two of those involved in planting the bomb were MI5 touts. Others have claimed a certain Mr Adams was involved in some way.
    Perhaps whoever is writing the grafitti is as confused as we are.
  8. It was one of Adams jobs...

Adams accused over hotel bomb | UK news | The Guardian

Nasty feckers..........
    • Like Like x 1
  9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I got the impression it was a reminder that the party of peace, shared future and moving on used to have a military wing which killed civilians.
    They got badly caught out on the anniversary of bloody Friday when people wanted to know what the economic and military value of that day was.
    Not one shinner could be had for interview, even Danny Morrison kept his head down

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. I would say the chief suspects would be the PUP/UVF and their fellow travellers. They were certainly behind the mass outbreak of spraying Proactively Supporting Nationalist Interests over everything in Loyalist areas after Whiterock in 2005.

As for why my best guess would be that they think people are beginning to forget who the Shinners really are and wanted to remind them. Maybe there are some of the Loyalist 'Community Activists' about to face some serious drugs charges and they want the attention back on what nasty people the Shinners are.

It hasn't appeared in Omagh yet but stand by for me resurrecting this thread in 6 months to say it has finally reached this far into the wilderness.
  11. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Evidently an "aerosol and ballot box" strategy.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Fixed that for you.

I can only assume that PUP councilors are crayoning this stuff off directly off their stolen smart phones.
  13. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Swede walks into a Stockholm pharmacy.

"I'd like deodorant please."

"Certainly, sir. Ball or aerosol?"

"It's for my armpits."