NI Drops BSkyB Bid

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. So now hopefully the gloves can come off.

Popcorn anyone?

3. I think you're overly optimistic and underestimate the lengths government will go to in order to save itself.

They were prepared to let the whole country disappear in a huge nuclear fireball during the cold war, whilst they hid in a bunker and carried on governing.

Rest assured they'll be more than happy to destroy Murdoch.

4. Murdoch can afford to lose all his UK interests; however, as soon as his creepy employees are found to have hacked just one 9/11 survivor/victim/bereaved relative, the Americans will go epically apeshit, the Spirit of St. Skyscraper's day will be invoked and Murdoch will be toast.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Phone-hacking scandal reaches US | Media | guardian.co.uk (c) The Grauniad.

You were saying....

6. REJOICE!!!

The one true organ of 'truth', the BBC and it's paper edition, the Guardian, can once more reign supreme as the unchallenged national propaganda organ!

Some people will of course praise this, others will realise that the liberal left has enshrined it's vice like grip on public discourse and politics for another 3 generations.

Eine Reich, Eine Volk, Eine BBC!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I probably am being over optimistic,but a man can have his dreams cant he?:)

I just have that feeling that it's NI with it's finger hovering over the big red button,despite all of the apparent set backs that it's suffering from.

I have no evidence for this,as I said it's just a feeling.

8. Mr Murdoch are you listening? Your boys took a hellava beating! (Best said in a Norwegian accent)

Round one to common sense.

9. This could be a real game changer,especially with the anointed one up for re-election.

I'm pretty sure that camp Obama will be over the moon if they get to use the mechanisms of state against the likes of Fox news ect.

10. Mr_Fingerz

So the fact that BSkyB will continue to broadcast news (along with CNN and the world and it's dog) on satellite, and that Trinity Group, Associated Newspapers (and NI via the Times/Sunday Times/Sun) etc will continue to publish the printed word has no bearing upon your argument.

Or are you just pissed off that it was the Guardian that brought this to a head, and that the BBC has fulfilled its remit as a public service broadcaster?

• Like Like x 6
  11. Just as well. I hope Bruce Murdoch goes down in a blaze. Fox, for one, is no loss.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nice one. Governments have wailed, the media ranted, Plod bumbled about and the public have gone postal - all to no avail. But the ARRSE starts 20 threads and you just watch the blood hit the ceiling...

• Like Like x 3
  13. HHH

HHH LE

NI Drops BSkyB Bid

I think that needs qualified by "for now"

• Like Like x 2
  14. bit like the scene in the battle of Britain when Herman and all his mates hand back the life
    jackets its postponed at least until Murdoch is no longer in power and possibly even f James takes over about as likely for any British goverment to contemplate NI bid for sky as is sovereignty negociations with argentina

15. The Dirty Digger has a long memory, and will extract revenge on those who crossed him.

Expect some top political names quitting on personal grounds to spend more time with their families. At least that'll be the official line.

• Like Like x 1