• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

NI Allowances

I am due to be posted to NI for 2 years. I will be married unaccompanied and I am 37. What am I entitled to? The unit clerk has no idea. All replies greatly welcomed. I will be staying in the Sgts' Mess. :?

ugly

LE
My understanding is that all the decent allowances dissappear this summer. Last time I was there in 88 you couldnt move for Married unnacompanied in the Sgts Mess!

You should get LSA (a daily rate) Thats replaced the extra 12 warrants you used to get just make sure your council tax bill is in your name. Buy flights well is advance and they're pretty cheap... then they bang the tax on.. an extra £15 on each journey. I'm no clerk but know cos I'm just abt to get posted from NI..

Lamster said:
You should get LSA (a daily rate) Thats replaced the extra 12 warrants you used to get just make sure your council tax bill is in your name. Buy flights well is advance and they're pretty cheap... then they bang the tax on.. an extra £15 on each journey. I'm no clerk but know cos I'm just abt to get posted from NI..
Thanks, do you get any extra leave still?

Army Website said:
Northern Ireland (NI) Journeys - This allowance
provides assistance towards the cost of journeys made by Service personnel and any accompanying entitled family members when travelling to Great Britain to achieve respite from the strains and stresses of
service in the NI Operational Theatre.

If you are serving Acc, you, your spouse/civil partner and child(ren) resident with you in NI are entitled to 3 return family passages per assignment year; if you are single or UnAcc, you are entitled to 12 return passages per assignment year.

The passages are normally made by issuing you with a warrant or Service
arranged ticket. See JSP 752 Ch 6 Sect 10.
More details here