NHS: towering monument to vision - and envy Stateside

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BoomShackerLacker, Apr 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In case we ever wonder what life might be like in a Tory-Truman-Show of Private Health Care:

"Contrast [Doc Martin's Cornish GP surgery] with the bedlam of an American doctor’s office... ‘Tell him it’s not a co-pay because I just had one operation, not two. The first time he didn’t get it all and had to go back in, so that counts as one!’ The other patients in the waiting room can hear all this. While they are reluctantly visualising it, the debate shifts to whether the problem qualifies as a ‘pre-existing condition’. Is there a haemorrhoid that doesn’t? Nothing can pre-exist like a haemorrhoid, so you’d better not have one in the good old USA, because your private health insurance might not pay for it."

To your health | The Spectator

2. Of course the system as espoused by our liberal left is a picture of perfect harmony.

3. Yep I have to agree that the NHS is really envied by almost all other countries - so much so that it has been copied by err, err,, err .. no other countries.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'd rather hae the NHS and the option to go private than the american poo system.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Carry on Matron was a perfect picture.

Carry on Matron Final - YouTube

6. When the GP practices start commissioning you may be going private anyway if it's cheaper.

7. If they stop squabbling long enough to actually commission anything!

8. No money has arrived yet.

9. I got as far as "towering monument" and puked all over my keyboard. If it were that good, it wouldn't need the emotive language.

10. Norovirus.

11. Only if he's recently been in hospital because thats the only place anyone ever catches norovirus...allegedly

12. Maybe he's been in to hospital recently.

13. Gruppenfuhrer Hattie Jacques is BACK; parading Mandela Ward to the tune of Prussian Glory. Sweep with a SWOOSH!

14. "Land of Hope and Glory"
    "I Vow to Thee, My Country"
    "Rule, Britannia"
    etc...

Not very patriotic, that viewpoint.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

You boys should try moving to a country where there is no NHS and you're on your own paying £500 a month for medical insurance that "might" cover whatever ails you, the kids and the missus.

When you've tried that for a couple of years come back and whine about the NHS.

It can be experienced in just about any 3rd world country out there.

• Like Like x 7