NHS standard letter?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Apr 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know some of you are nurses and the like.Is this a standard letter format and content as used by the NHS?
  2. Yes, that's a fairly standard format for an initial acknowledgment to a complaint.

Whilst complaints policies and letter wordings vary slightly across NHS and private sector medical care they all look more or less like this.

If your query is regarding the consent paragraph, that's also in the policy for the hospital I run and every other health care setting I've ever known. The patient's written consent is required before we can discuss complaints/aspects of care with relatives so as not to breach Data Protection Act, unless they don't have capacity to give that consent, in which case there's another process that has to be gone through.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What he ^ said. Looks very similar to the first contact letters we send out after a complaint has been made.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Odd thread for here in the NAAFI bar.

Cock, cunt, Daily Mail, tits, etc.

That's better.:dwarf:
  5. What they all said (including Oddbod seeing as it's the NAAFI). Word for word almost identical to the letters I send out as initial response to complaints (except we have a 20 day reponse deadline). BTW, most of the text under your redactions is still visible - so I hope the complaint is not about breach of confidentiality!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If you're particularly concerned about the names/addresses/numbers in that document remaining private... I'd delete it.

Sufficient detail there for them to be retrieved.
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Since I can afford private health care I couldn't give a rats arse what the NHS writes to the sick scum my taxes pay to keep alive. But since I am on, a word to the wise Mac...

If you need to redact, scan the doc then redact electronically. Rather than fucking about with a felt tip then scanning the doc. Because if you do that, anybody can pix it up and decode the thing.

Your Mum just bought a 30 mtr flat bottomed Motorjalk moored on the Rhine. Cheers.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

What I said. But with less words.
  9. Thanks everyone.
  10. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

I cant see any letter at all, so I'm just going to presume that you just want some advice. So I just say to those seeking "advice" - those funny words do mean that you have a sexually transmitted disease, yes you should tell your sexual partners to go to their doctor, or to the hospital, or as it may be in your case, a vet.