NHS Sinking In The Call Me Dave Quangomire

I see that another self serving quango has hit the news:

NHS Watchdog In 'Hospital Scandal Cover-Up'

....irregularities and cover-ups in an investigation in a quango who's sole pupose is to investigate irregularities and cover - ups in NHS care standards.....

....when will the embarrasingly amateur Westminster appointed quango - sinecure, old school chum's nose in the trough gravy train finally be derailled?

Oh the irony, it would be funny if it wasn't so ****ing tragic.

I see that another self serving quango has hit the news:

NHS Watchdog In 'Hospital Scandal Cover-Up'

....irregularities and cover-ups in an investigation in a quango who's sole pupose is to investigate irregularities and cover - ups in NHS care standards.....

....when will the embarrasingly amateur Westminster appointed quango - sinecure, old school chum's nose in the trough gravy train finally be derailled?
Yeah, ****ing unions! What are they like.....

F

fozzy

Who is going to prison then?

Let me guess....."lessons learned"....hansome payoff...same old same old....

Bastards and we pay them handsomely for the privelage of being lied too, who do they think they are, New labour?

Quangos really are the "gift which keeps on taking!"
More the types who infest them and their political patronage.

The former Chief Executive of the CQC, Cynthia Bower struggled along on £200k and was of course formerly chief executive of West Midlands' strategic health authority, responsible for supervising the performance of Stafford hospital.

All you need to know:

Interview: Cynthia Bower, chief executive of the new health and social care regulator | Society | The Guardian

The Care Quality Commission?

Bunch of useless cnuts.

'Hello? CQC? I want to report staff sleeping on nights and watching telly rather than keeping an eye on the patients'

'Hello? Is that the 'x' Nursing Home? Yes, we will be conducting a visit to see if people are sleeping on shift'

Qu'elle surprise, nothing found.

More the types who infest them and their political patronage.

The former Chief Executive of the CQC, Cynthia Bower struggled along on £200k and was of course formerly chief executive of West Midlands' strategic health authority, responsible for supervising the performance of Stafford hospital.

All you need to know:

Interview: Cynthia Bower, chief executive of the new health and social care regulator | Society | The Guardian

Ach ja.....

....und ziss vee are calling eet ze "Mid Staffordshire Solution!"

Privtae Eye have been highlighting the failures of the CQC for years.

Some of the shocking 'Ticks in the boxes' for blatantly failing carehomes is eye-watering.

The fact now that they were trying to cover up the errors, to some, should be seen as no surprise

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a conspiracy of the dishonest. Neither politicians nor the executives on these quangos want to admit they are not fit for purpose, so they keep covering up and pretending everything is OK. Then occasionally, the **** up becomes to big to conceal and a token head rolls - usually to be quietly re-employed 6 months later.

It would be good if the governing party were honest about the problems in the NHS and the opposition were objective about attempts to put them right. Instead we get pantomime politics:

"The NHS is working well".
"Oh no it isn't".
"Oh yes it is".

Until we get politicians of stature (a vain hope) the ****-ups will continue.

Wordsmith

You could have 600 and something politicians of stature tomorrow you just have to vote for them and convince large numbers of other people to do so too.

Which ain't going to happen.

Mr. social democratic (note small s & d) policies will win every time. That's why your national politics consist of two and a half electable parties with an s.d agenda and a selection of novelty acts.

CQC's problem, as someone who hosts them on inspection visits, is that they are woefully underfunded and staffed and have an ever increasing number of establishments and services to inspect, decided on a mostly knee-jerk basis after whatever the latest scandal was.

At one point they were faced with the prospect of regulating every beauty place that injects botox as an example.

The inspectors I've met have, with one exception, been dedicated people trying to do the best they can given increasing workload and decreasing budget.

It's a conspiracy of the dishonest. Neither politicians nor the executives on these quangos want to admit they are not fit for purpose, so they keep covering up and pretending everything is OK. Then occasionally, the **** up becomes to big to conceal and a token head rolls - usually to be quietly re-employed 6 months later.

It would be good if the governing party were honest about the problems in the NHS and the opposition were objective about attempts to put them right. Instead we get pantomime politics:

"The NHS is working well".
"Oh no it isn't".
"Oh yes it is".

Until we get politicians of stature (a vain hope) the ****-ups will continue.

Wordsmith
Oddly enough the Guardian was, until a short time ago, headlining with an article titled:

"Banking commission: Bankers should be jailed for 'reckless misconduct'"

"It is not just bankers that need to change. The actions of regulators and governments have contributed to the decline in standards"

Banking commission: Bankers should be jailed for 'reckless misconduct' | Business | The Guardian

until presumably the luvvies clocked that having that above an article setting out systemic failures and possible criminal activity resulting in huge loss of human life as a result of "reckless misconduct" by senior staff in the NHS (with no apparent consequences for those involved, regulators or government) was taking the piss.

Anyhoo here is the much selectively quoted report in full.

http://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/media/documents/grant_thornton_uk_llp_morecambe_bay.pdf

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
My mother has twice gone into hospital in the last 10 years for a serious problem.

Hospital A: A & E good, rest of hospital crap.
Hospital B: in the top 40 hospitals in the country.

I also recently went in to my local hospital to see a consultant. I waited 45 minutes for an appointment, During that time a porter and a nurse chatted while doing the square root of fcuk all.

The resource is there in many cases - the problems are down to the appalling quality of some of the management and the resulting demotivated staff.

Hospital B was a shining example of what you could achieve with dedicated management and staff. Hospital A and my local hospital are glaring examples of mismanagement.

Wordsmith