Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Smiler_1985, Jun 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got call this morning from my recruiting sergeant. They apparently failed to notice the abscence of the above stated numbers on my app form. Is the NHS number the one written in the bottom left of the certificate? And if so i guess the one printed on top right is the certificate number. sorry for the dozy ass question but im having a really crap day and the hampster is asleep :)
  2. Your NHS Number appears at the top-left corner of your birth certificate. Next to where it says NHS Number... :wink:
  3. ah right. Cause mine is one of the small form birth certificates lol. With a number following GL XXXXXX in top right. And a series of numbers and letters written in bottom left below the date of registration.
  4. Cool. Il go down there n ask while im out shopping.
  5. The "GL" number is the birth certificate number, the other one is the NHS number. Incidentally, if you contact your GP you may find that they just arrange for another NHS number to be issued - if memory serves, it will be about just a number with no letters and begins with a 4. I got this a lot from my time in an AFCO. Good luck with your application by the way!
  6. It is not the one we use now, the correct and updated one that everyone got years back is obtainable from the GP, normally they just get a card sent out that has your number on (its all numbers now and no letters).
  7. jarrod248:
    I had no idea that NHS numbers are on birth certificates - they never used to be. Phone your GP.

Er, no, the other way round. Always used to be, no longer are (unless they have been reintroduced in last five years).

I'm 40, mine is on it. My kids are 9, 6 and 5, none of them have it on theirs.

I'm a wee bit older than that, no NHS number on mine, it was issued in 1961. Mind you it was from HM Consulate in Dusseldorf....LOL
  8. Just had a look, didn't realise that the birth certificate one differed from the one on the NHS card!

0 out of 10 for observation on my part... :roll:
  9. Sorted. Got mine now :)