NHL - Stanley Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Sixty, Apr 30, 2010.

?
  1. Montreal

16.7%
  2. Chicago

25.0%
  3. Pittsburgh

25.0%
  4. Vancouver

16.7%
  5. Philadelphia

8.3%
  6. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Detroit

8.3%
  8. San Jose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Evening all,

I have a fridge full of fermented apple-juice, a handy selection of snacks and my Habs shirt on. Montreal vs Pittsburgh starts at midnight.

After our near miraculous performance against the Caps, I'm hoping for a flying start against the Penguins and Halak will be key.

Any other hockey fans on Arrse?

2. Yes me however Im a Flames fan so I guess that's me out

3. Me too, but also a Flames fan. So I'm supporting The Penguins because Sid plays for them.

4. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Sorry 60, but the Penguins are going to their third Finals in a row this year.

5. Sixty

Well we scored first but that was a stupid fucking power-play to give away.

1-1

6. _Chimurenga_

That was a clean hit Cooke laid on Markov.

7. Sixty

Aye. Unfortunate landing though. Markov didn't even have his head down.

8. _Chimurenga_

This should be a fun series, after the Penguins, the Canadiens are my favourite team. In addition to Halak, they got lucky when Ovechkin offended the hockey gods by snowing that little kid.

2-1 now, Staal scored.

9. Sixty

Frankly, the Habs surprised me by coming back against Washington so I'm ruling nothing out.

Worth noting that the Pens took no liberties when big Hal Gill was on the ice though.

10. _Chimurenga_

As talented as Ovechkin is (he has better skills than either Crosby or Malkin), he has zero leadership ability and a tendency to choke in the playoffs.

Plus another factor is that the Canadiens were just a better conditioned team, I've often noticed that the teams that usually prevail in the playoffs have more endurance and stamina than their opponents - after an 82 game regular season, you have up to another 28 games before you've won the Cup.

11. Sixty

Now to listen to Don Cherry. On past performance it'll either be insightful or a rant worthy of a Canadian Hitler :)

12. Since we're moving to Vancouver in exactly 11 days the Canucks are an easy choice :D

lancslad

13. _Chimurenga_

Don Cherry ... hmmmmm ... I always respected the guy however he has NEVER liked the Penguins (though he does have a soft spot for Jordan Staal).

14. Sixty

Ovechkin's a fine player (probably the best in the league) but he's petulant and prone to the head dropping.

The Pens have had longer to recover since they didn't go to seven games so they're likely to be more rested.

Getting my excuses in early.

3 - 1, all on penalties. We're getting pumped.

15. _Chimurenga_

Well, the Penguins remember their lessons from the last two seasons - coast through at the end of the season and then save yourselves for the playoffs.

Another factor that the Pens will dominate this series is simply the breadth and depth of their scoring talent - during the 6 games of the Ottawa series, they dressed 20 players of whom 12 scored goals. So they're not just relying upon their "superstars".